Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Read this rules first!
      All times are GMT  

Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:50 pm
Kreso
Game Developer

Post subject: Read this rules first! Reply with quote

If you think someone was unfair or rude, report it here.

How to report:
Provide as much data you can to unambigously indentify the cheating event, especially the time when it happened:
- Provide the username you used when cheating occured.
- Provide date and approximate time when the game was played. Provide your timezone, in UTC+-X format.
- How many players were in the game? How much time in the game? How long did the game last?
- If you can remember, provide names of players who played the game, esspecially ones who you are accusing of cheating.
- Explain what exactly happened.

Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

Be carefull. If user is novice, maybe he just made an error.

If a user is found to have cheated, his points will be reduced greatly.

Players are not allowed to use bad language or insults. When reporting such event, please provide approximate time, username of the player, and whether it happened at lobby or in game.

If a player is found to be rude to others, his account may be locked. However, I will tolerate if a player just lost his temper, but not if this happens repeatedly.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:31 pm
AmberNJ
Asteroid

Post subject: Re: Read this rules first! Reply with quote

Kreso wrote:
If you think someone was unfair or rude, report it here.

Players are not allowed to use bad language or insults. When reporting such event, please provide approximate time, username of the player, and whether it happened at lobby or in game.

If a player is found to be rude to others, his account may be locked. However, I will tolerate if a player just lost his temper, but not if this happens repeatedly.

What constitutes "bad language or insults?" How do you gauge rudeness? I read these rules before reporting someone and I felt that my opponent was rude and insulting, but was told that it wasn't that bad, so I should just get over it. I've seen this response now to other complainants and I would like to know how nasty someone has to be before the mods take action.

I've posted this as it's own topic, now.

Last edited by AmberNJ on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:38 pm
carrieann06
Star

Post subject: Reply with quote

you ill have to ask bill and husky they are only mods around now

Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Let's not make this topic one for talking.
This one was made by Kreso so that players to know the rules. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:06 am
Fort
Planet

I will add a bit to above. Take it as more rules, or take it as my way of working.

1.No personalised attack on caste, creed, gender, family, education, nationality etc. If u do anything like that, u will invite mod action for urself.

2.If anyone wants to appeal against my decision, simply post it in that thread itself. I will want senior players to put their views on it and endorse or overrule my decision. I will act accordingly. I always wish community wish to prevail over my personal one.

3.Do not ever threaten any mods.

4.Though different mods try to impose similar decisions, we too are humans and each of us work differently. So if u get a 10 day ban from me and other one gets 20 day ban from other mod, just consider urself lucky. Personally u will not see too many bans longer than 10 days from my side.

5.If any1 has has any issues with me, they are more than welcome to have a in game chat or pvt forum messages. I will try to resolve. BUT THERE IS A CONDITION, DO IT WHEN IT HAPPENS, 3 days at the most. Do not come saying u did such and such thing 2 months back. Most of the issues gets piled up and takes disproportionate time and effort if they r not dealt with immediately. Please do not let it happen, thats my honest request to all GM players.

6.Please note that reports shall be made within 24 hours of event reported.

Help me to help you. Smile

Fort.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 am
carrieann06
Star

lmao wasit rated, he could of been showing someone how to trade, i made the same trade a while back to see if the trade arrows actually worked as we had only just found out about them Laughing

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:56 am
toonz
Ex Moderator

R these rules closer to the game so that beginer players will kno that there r actual things that u cant do and punishment if u do cheat?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

I second toonz' point....