Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions no points if player leaves immediately after start
      All times are GMT  

Do you like the suggestion below? should it be applied?
Yes, of course, sounds resonable!
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No, I don't care
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:13 am
rnwstcktrdr
Asteroid

Post subject: no points if player leaves immediately after start Reply with quote

i suggest that no points should be gained or lost if e.g. in a 2p game one player leaves leaves immediately after start BEFORE ANY TRANSACTION HAS OCCURED, OR GENERALLY BEFORE THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT OF MONEY HAS CHANGED.

i have won a 20-30% of my points that way, (i am still a new player under 3000 points). i enter games and people leave. i quess the same happened to other people, and all though some people consider it to be "good free points" i totally disagree, it distorts the ranking.

if more than 2p, like 3/4/5p, the game can continue, and be ranked as if it was originally a 2p game if it was 3p, as a 3p if it was 4p, and as a 4p if it was 5p. similar if 2 players leave a 4/5p game => rated as a 2/3p respectively and so on... (of course only if the original amount of money has not changed).

leaving in the middle ogf the game is different because probably the player thinks he lost anyway, but leaving at the start before anything has happened in the game shouldn't give players points.
Also some people accidentaly enter games, and then they want to leave, mistakes happen, and people will only lose a few seconds of their time anyway, quite acceptable, but why lose points if the game has not started, and why win points (the other player) without doing anything.

simple, but it distorts the ranking, unfair for those who try hard for some points when others get them like this.

Please say your opinion players!

Confused

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:52 am
Fort
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember admin talking agst that. According to kreso, The admin, it will undermine the importance of auto matching which is till now have been very effective to prevent cheating.

Also the quitting at game start happens only at lower ratings. At higher ratings of more than 10000, i am yet to encounter it. And in games with players at lower ratings, the point won/lost are not much. Besides u also dont receive a time bonus of 100 points if game ends before 10 mins. So even though few ppl get free points, they cant go much higher.

We all had our share of free points. So enjoy !!! Laughing

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:31 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

and we ALL live in hope that players over 10k quit just at start of 2 players and get some free points off them.
ive had it hapen once by SPLIFF i think it was or Skunk(same person) and they said later the reason it happened was because they fell aslee before game started so missed it lol

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:15 pm
boogaboo
Moon

It is ALMOST correct -
the winner shouldn't win anything BUT the loser (quitter!) must lose points.
Otherwise, I would quit if I don't like the opponent!!

Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:50 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

yes and none of us would hate sneakers

Tue May 01, 2007 9:14 am
Kreso
Game Developer

Hows about: if less than 5 minutes have passed, the loser loses only half the points (and winner gets that half)?

Tue May 01, 2007 9:20 am
carrieann06
Star

yeah thats a better option

Tue May 01, 2007 9:25 am
Fort
Planet

I will say make it 2 mins. 5 mins is too long a time in 2 player games something like total of 50 rolls. If a player made a huge strategic blunder or just have too many early bad lucks, he might just quit.