Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions The new game - progress report?
      All times are GMT  

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 am
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
Kreso said he hasnt heard from them either so i am sure it got scrapped

Well I have to say if it was scrapped it might be just as well. They certainly do not seem to be very professional. Which makes me wonder just what a mess the game would turn into.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:46 pm
Arkarian
Planetoid

I was in a 4p with Alex (megatroll) the other day and I asked him what had happened to the new gm. He said "beta testing".

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm
trace567

He says a lot of things. Sadly nothing he has said so far has appeared to happen, nor have any of his predicted dates happened either.
Hope GM stays, because I for one don't trust Alex. Weeks ago I collared him in the lobby. On being questioned he prattled on about how the cell version would be ready the following month. I told him he must post on the forum and tell GM players what the current state of affairs was, he said he would. Did he? Don't be silly.
If the guy wanted people to know they were beta testing he would log in here and post himself. Thats why I don't believe a word of it, because he doesn't come and tell players, the very players who's game he is changing, for better or worse, the same players who he hopes will pay money to play, the very same players who will be needed to get his version off the ground. But what kind of respect is he giving these players, NONE with his silence and never ending dates.

Its about time he showed his face here on the forum again, I mean its been 8 months and 7 days since he last posted about new magnate

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:37 am
theunknownamus

trace567 wrote:
He says a lot of things. Sadly nothing he has said so far has appeared to happen, nor have any of his predicted dates happened either.
Hope GM stays, because I for one don't trust Alex. Weeks ago I collared him in the lobby. On being questioned he prattled on about how the cell version would be ready the following month. I told him he must post on the forum and tell GM players what the current state of affairs was, he said he would. Did he? Don't be silly.
If the guy wanted people to know they were beta testing he would log in here and post himself. Thats why I don't believe a word of it, because he doesn't come and tell players, the very players who's game he is changing, for better or worse, the same players who he hopes will pay money to play, the very same players who will be needed to get his version off the ground. But what kind of respect is he giving these players, NONE with his silence and never ending dates.

Its about time he showed his face here on the forum again, I mean its been 8 months and 7 days since he last posted about new magnate

A scathing editorial, but GM's Queen is right.

Alex, if the project is a bust or has been abandoned, just let us know. There's no shame in it. Projects can become too big. Convince Kreso to open source it so some renegade programmers can tinker with and rebuild it when they get some free time. Dodging our questions looks malicious, especially when money was planned to be involved.