Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions New feature. Cheat report
      All times are GMT  

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:12 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beginning to sound pretty complicated. Coins to pay for having a mod check a report, which then are refunded if found to be warranting a report. But what if a player only has a few coins left, then they will have to chose, report and not play or pay or report and await a decision and hope its the one they need.
What about people on unlimited? How does the coins system even work for unlimited use?

What also needs baring in mind is that new players DO cheat. Not always intentionally so. Provision needs putting in place so that new players who get caught cheat trading are punished, but not so much so that they give up the game. But enough that they want to learn what the rules are and to follow them.

I don't have an iphone, but I do wonder if the number of accidental cheat trades may increase when players are working off of a phone rather than a full screen pc program as is now. There's accidental cheats now when its this big, shrink it down to the size of an iphone and eek!

Some how, and I really don't know how...but I think its really important that the game itself is programmed to block the worst cheat trades. It might have to be a case of going through each set on the board and saying right, what is the bare minimum this property can be sold at in order for it to be beneficial under any game circumstance. It wouldn't work just to program it so that nothing can be traded under base value, since orange is 100, brown 200, cyan 300, blue 400
Higher price property sets it works with, such as purple, green, yellow.
Also it can't be base per property card, since to trade 2 or 1 of any set is not always worth more money since ultimately it takes 3 (2 for yellow) to create a functional set. So take yellow, each card base is 900 per card makes it 1800, but it is still possible you could still have a viable fair trade if this was exchanged for lower.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:08 am
Falun
Planetoid

Well at 1 cent per coin it's not much to worry about. Besides it seems like a good way to pay for subscription also. Many games use such a system to allow players to buy advanced features. For example if you preferred to use a special board peace instead of the standard ones (a playing peice editor) then the option is there and it makes the developers a bit of extra revenue too. I would certainly pay to choose something original from the standard options. Personalized players icons/ pictures / virtual snacks drinks, country flags to show where you are from, could all make it more colourful and fun.
Perhaps a pro room where players can play friends that they choose could be accessed with paid for coins meaning it's not a random game. The sky's the limit for the developers to really make the game area more modern. There needs to be a way for them to be paid for these features over and above a straight subscription fee for standard game.
I think there will be enough options to keep everyone happy. Plus updates will resolve working problems and make improvements.

Anyway you don't open your presents before Christmas. Looking forwards to some new surprises when the new game is launched.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:40 pm
theunknownamus

Quite so. I still think the game should be free to play yet have a "members" option where advanced features are available, much like popular gaming sites (Runescape, World of Warcraft, Zynga Games, etc)

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:08 pm
Falun
Planetoid

If a group of strangers turned up at your brand new burger bar, would you feed them all unlimited french frys and only charge them for the ketchup?

If the game is to survive and evolve into something really good the people behind that need incentives. Ie a decent wage.

Or maybe they are eating at free reastarants and shopping on freebay. Can someone tell me where those places are so I can get some burgers and frys please.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:08 pm
MrCrabbs

Falun, I don't think it's uncommon for a game to be free for basic features and paid-for for the better features.

In my experience of such games, you may start off paying nothing, but eventually you cough up!

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 pm
Falun
Planetoid

Agreed

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Thank you for your suggestions.

As for cheat report price - I've heard your opinion

3 strike policy - very good idea, we will include it in "to do" list, Dear Falun could you open new topic on forum to discuss details?

Auction will be blocked after recession

Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 pm
theunknownamus

NewMagnate wrote:

Auction will be blocked after recession

Praise the lord! Very Happy