Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions Internal restrictions
      All times are GMT  

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Internal restrictions Reply with quote

Earlier it was mentioned about internal restrictions to prevent cheat trades, let's  discuss ideas which will be programmed:
1. Trades will be blocked in 2p game
2. Auction will be blocked after recession
3. For example, you have 1 red and 1 pink, other player has 2 red and 2 pink. Nobody can't offer 1 red for 1 pink.
4. The minimum prices before the recession in deals property vs money (please correct if you disagree) whites - 900, blacks - 800, yellows - 700, oranges - 200, browns - 250, light blue - 400, blue - 500, reds - 600, pinks - 700, greens - 700 per one card.

Last edited by NewMagnate on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:23 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with blocking trades in 2p (as it is very rare that a a mutually beneficial trade can be achieved in 2p), more often that not it is used by the losing player to try and con the other player, or simply to annoy and distract them.
I'm sure some will disagree with this however.

I fully agree with blocking the auctions of properties already owned by any player during ec, as yes this is generally unfair and used to annoy or ruin games.

Quote:
4. The minimum prices before the recession in deals property vs money (please correct if you disagree) whites - 900, blacks - 800, yellows - 700, oranges - 200, browns - 250, light blue - 400, blue - 500, reds - 600, pinks - 700, greens - 700 per one card.

I'm thinking about this, not sure about the per one card thing.
Although the values being low would probably not cause any problems.

Might be worth you speaking to crabbs, he's very clued up on trading and does a lot of trading in games. He also does a lot of thinking outside of the box on trades and comes up with some that a lot of people wouldn't think of.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:12 am
muffinhead
Planet

Post subject: Re: Internal restrictions Reply with quote

NewMagnate wrote:

I like the fact that some are being changed. Espicially the yellow, it shall be intresting to see how they are treated since they are usually neglected in 2p.

I think the following should remain as they currently are

orange - 100
brown - 200
cyan - 300
blue - 400

My favourite part is trying to find the best bargin property. It should also be the case that players who buy way to many properties can be punished buy giving away cheap properties elsewhere. Im personally not a big buyer of orange and browns at their current opening price and give them away at 160 sometimes in 2p (which someone might take advantage of haha).

In my oponion keep them as they currently are, otherwise the oranges and browns might never get used in most games.
Other then that i really like the other changes Very Happy

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:10 pm
MrCrabbs

Muffin I think you have misunderstood the proposal.

It's not about changing the price on teh board.

It's about creating minimum player-to-player trade prices for the pieces.

Personally I don't agree with it.

Would it mean that 4 whites could not be sold for 3600 just before EC?

Four blacks could not be sold for 3200?

Two pinks could not be sold for 1400?

It's easy to imagine situations where selling at these prices at +5 on start would benefit both the buyer an the seller.

So I don't think the limits are a good idea.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 pm
MrCrabbs

As for points 1, 2 and 3:

1 - OK
2 - Personally I don't agree. Sometimes players refuse to trade with you, but when you force them to decide in an auction, they pay up.
3 - I think I understand. This is to avoid players tricking each other by making it look like a full property trade when the result is useless as you still don't have a full set. It's a good idea.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 am
theunknownamus

As Krabs has presented, limits or "set prices" for sets or properties really can't be made as the whole game is based on the situations that occur during it, making no two games alike. Best these "limits" do is to serve as suggestions.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:12 am
NewMagnate
Moon

Ok, we will not set restrictions on property prices. If you think we can somehow prevent cheating, please suggest your ideas.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 pm
theunknownamus

Urrr... I can't think of very many preventative measures besides simply familiarizing new players with the rules of the game as well as encouraging common sense and to "play fair" heheh

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:52 pm
trace567

I have no idea what is and isn't possible on the programming side of things.

As in could the game be able to pick up on if a 1 or 2 card exchange is creating a full set to another player?
Or can it only be programmed on a 1 card basis?

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:32 pm
MrCrabbs

You could put a limit saying that no card can be traded for less than, say, 80% of the credit value of the card.

That would stop a few cheat trades, but not many. Best idea I could think of right now though!

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:27 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

As i described above, we can prevent cheating when two players have 2 sets for both. And first player receives set, but does not give the set for the second (as i described above).
I hope that in time we will gather cheat statistic and can detect typical patterns. After that we could program algorithm against these cases. But i am not sure that we will detect such patterns, because this game has so many variants.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:05 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

To Mr. Crabbs.
Thank you, but I am not sure that will help. We have assets with low mortgage, so it will be very slight restriction.