All times are GMT  

Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Virtual currency Reply with quote

The virtual currency in the game.
creating this system such preconditions we kept in mind that:
1. Support and development of the game requires investments
2. We have to avoid advertising in the game it is too annoying and distracts player's attention
3. For the existing players transition has to be painless
4. Good players don't have to pay
5. People who are involved in supporting, developing and promotional processes will be encouraged
6. There will be options to receive free coins

The result of this:
How players spend virtual currency.
. Before each game players bet coins (10 coins as a basic bet). Somebody wins, somebody looses. The scheme: 2 players (1 place receives 18, second - 0), 3 players (1 place receives 19, second - 8, third - 0), 4 players (20, 10, 6, 0), 5 players (22, 12, 8, 3, 0). 10% of each bank will stay in the system.
. buying VIP status (ability to create customized chip, see the current games as a show, ability to play with negative balance, ability to create customized games with your friends)
How players will receive coins:
. Prizes in the game (see the previous chapter)
. After registration in the game (enough to play first 10-15 games and make a decision about the game)
. For friend invitations, social media posts
. Free coins for participation in partner's advertising programs (for mobile users see tapjoy.com as an example)
. Lottery for players with the balance under 10 coins
. Purchasing in the store (price will depend on amount with the basic price 1,99 usd for 10 coins). STATISTICALLY IT MEANS THAT THE AVERAGE PRICE OF THE GAME WILL BE 0,2 USD. IF YOU ARE BUYING COINS IN THE SHOP AND DON'T USE FREE OPTIONS.

Summary:
1. Existing players will receive enough coins for the painless transition (the amount will depend on current rating)
2. Players can receive free coins
3. For active players who help to develop the game (moderation, cheat analyses, suggestions makers) there will be unlimited coins and VIP status in the game.
4. If the players are willing to buy chips in the shop monthly purchases will be comparable with coffee cup price.

P.S. to avoid pointless discussion and abusing I'm going to say that we are investing a lot of money and time in game development to make this game better. I am absolutely sure that GM deserves it. Why are we doing it? Because I love this game and think that the current level is undeserved. I really understand that nowadays it is not the best economic period in the world, and nobody has easy money. That's why we have offered several easy ways to have free coins. I think it is fair.

Last edited by NewMagnate on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:15 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little bit confused. So each player can pick 3 accounts they currently own to be transferred to the new game? And based on the current points of those depends how many coins they will receive?
My top account at the moment is goldswan 117k now if I went with that I am assuming I'd get more coins, but will I still be able to play and match others? Would that 117k travel with me, and if 5x rule was kept I'd never get a game!

Sorry but rather confused about how it will work.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:18 pm
MrCrabbs

Are there any other revenue-raising strategies on the table?

I have played games where only the "VIP" equivalent part is paid for, for example, so that you can play for free, but have a better experience if you pay.

Non-payers get adverts and fewer features.

The payment is usually a fixed amount per month, or you could buy "Coins" and then use them to buy, say, 1 month's VIP/advert-free play.

I don't like the idea that the more you play, the more you pay.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:22 pm
trace567

MrCrabbs wrote:

I don't like the idea that the more you play, the more you pay.

eek, either have to find a new hobby (stamp collecting maybe lol) or offer my services as a mod again

I'm a self confessed addict! oh dear

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:34 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

There are two independent systems:
Rating. It will stay as it is with slight changes (i posted this changes in another topic)
Coins. Existing players will receive from 50 to 300 coins depending on their rating.

Last edited by NewMagnate on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

To Mr.Crabbs:

Please read again carefully. The point is that the more you play SUCCESSFULLY, the less you pay (actually even pay nothing at all). And if you lose all your coins, you still can get them for FREE if you watch partners' ads for example.

So you'll have to pay:
1) if you're unsuccessful but don't want to watch ads (or wait for lottery etc)
2) if you want to have more fun with VIP status but you haven't won enough coins during the game

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:57 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Have put changes: cost of bet, cost of coins etc. Sorry for inconvenience.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Re: Virtual currency Reply with quote

[quote="NewMagnate"] 
The virtual currency in the game.

. Purchasing in the store (price will depend on amount with the basic price 1,99 usd for 10 coins). STATISTICALLY IT MEANS THAT THE AVERAGE PRICE OF THE GAME WILL BE 0,2 USD. IF YOU ARE BUYING COINS IN THE SHOP AND DON'T USE FREE OPTIONS.

Im a little lost on this specific quote above.
Your telling us that an average game bet will be 10 coins, yet above you say 10 coins will cozt 1,99 usd, then go on to say that statistically the price per game will be 0,2usd. This makes no sense at all ?????
does a game cost ten coins ? if so each game would cost players a huge price of 1.99 usd !!! not cheap at all!!!

look forward to your clarification on this.

Steve

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

It's a good question.
Suppose you have played 10 games (foe example 2p) by 10 coins each.
You spent 100 coins.
50% of games you won and your prize fund = 5*18=90
50% you lost, so your prize fund=0

As a result you spent 100, won 90. The average price of each game = 1.
If you are a good player you will win more than spend.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Hi, this does not answer my question...

my question is are 10 coins costing 1,99usd ??
coz 1 game costs 10 coins.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

And you will win 18 or 0 (in 2p)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:14 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

HI Cyn can you give me a reply to this, as the replys I have got dont answer my question.

Thanks Steve

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: cost Reply with quote

Alex I believe he is asking:

Do 10 coins cost $ 1.99 ? And one game costs 10 coins to play then it is 1.99 per game.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 am
HHHfan
Moon

Yup, and that'll be the end of gm for me! 1st time I'm stuck buying coins, I'm out! Good luck with all that, I can find better things to do with the money!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 am
Falun
Planetoid

At the moment we play a quite good game for free under quite poor conditions and within a very dated restrictive computer environment. If the devolopers raise the experience to a level that keeps people wanting to play they will be entitled to some reward for that as we all expect ourselves in daily life and work.
It will be up to each individual to decide if the cost is equal to the service.
The developers need to be very careful and aware that getting the balance right in cost is fundamental to their success or failure.
Currenlty the suggested price of a cup of coffee per game seems too high. Besides what is the price of a cup where you come from? I've seen 0.2 $ mentioned also? I tend to think it will be hard to encourage new players to pay that. If you are selling on the app store you will need to give a ton of free games just so they learn the game. Then a pack of say 20 games for the price of a coffee. I can't see many people sitting day after day even paying the lower figure of 0.20 per game. It doesn't sound like a lot but that's going to build up into a reasonable figure over a couple of weeks if your not winning. Then that player will be lost. On the other side good players are never going to pay anything? Im interested to know more how it's really going to work but I have some doubts also about the current suggested system at the moment. Of course I don't want to jump the gun on it till I've seen it in action.

However, if they are thinking 1.99 per game then that's simply dilusional. Pie in the sky loop the loop, whackojako, flip city shooby dooby, ding a ling, Paris Hilton, rinky dink, whack a doo doo. In summery; a whole lot nuttier than squirrel sh1t. Excuse my language please.