Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions Rating system
      All times are GMT  

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Rating system Reply with quote

The rating system will be the same as it is now, with a slight changes:
Rating of all subaccounts will decrease by 1 % every week without play, until achieve 1k. The main goal - to avoid situation when inactive players have the top position in total ranking.

There will be system of levels (task for separate topic) and now I face a problem and ask your advise. What do you think, is it necessary to keep the x5 rule? Our aim is to attract new players, decrease wasting time in lobby in the waiting for the game. Maybe it will be better to allow having a game without x5 rule between players with the same level? Besides that the system will seek for the players for the game with closest ratings. Also turns at the start of the game will be distributed from player with higher rating to the lowest.
What do you think?
CYN could I ask you to make the voting for this x5 rule?

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 am
Falun
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game seeks to apply closest ratings first then this is good enough. Why add further restrictions. After all it is now coin based and not percentage loss which was always an unfair thing in the current gm. Why not just add a slider in the options that allows individuals to decide at what level above themselves they are subject to playing against. This way they might not need to play against the very best if they are just starting out. However the situation should be avoided that high ranked players are sitting for hours with no one to play. That was an terrible situation in the current game and promoted the restarting of accounts.
I would remove the 5x rule altogether and instead introduce a system where you decide to join open games. Once you join you can't leave without loosing your coin stake. This will avoid set up games between individuals happening too often. So that when I enter the lobby I see a 4p game waiting to start. I can decide to join that game or join one of the 3 other 2p games that are also waiting to start depending on my skill and ability. There is no easy way to really keep it perfect for all levels without it restricting your ease of finding a game. I hope you find a good balance on the whole.

Regards