Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions new and old galactic magnate
      All times are GMT  

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:28 pm
baffoe1
Asteroid

Post subject: new and old galactic magnate Reply with quote

hi

i was wondering if it is possible to run the new magnate alongside the old one. this way people can choose which one they want. if they find the new one to be more entertaining, they will just shift or viceversa. what ya say?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding new features means that we have to rewrite the programm. So you will have to reinstall it on your computer. We think that current design is not enough beautiful to attract a vast audience, and its functional part needs improvement. We hope that new design will be accepted by existing players. But your comment drives me to the idea that we can suggest an option to switch on the older board version (I mean the visual images). I need to think about this for some time. If it's relevant enough and we get more comments on the topic, we'll put some efforts into it.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 pm
trace567

NewMagnate wrote:
But your comment drives me to the idea that we can suggest an option to switch on the older board version (I mean the visual images).

I like that idea Very Happy if possible

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 pm
nockTurnal
Planetoid

trace567 wrote:
NewMagnate wrote:
But your comment drives me to the idea that we can suggest an option to switch on the older board version (I mean the visual images).

I like that idea Very Happy if possible

Why would you want that, trace? Come on! You'll get used to it. It looks really nice IMO from what I saw in the screen shots. Looks like lots of nice new features. Why would you want to continue with this old outdated 1990s look? I think you and some other players must have kind of emotional connection and not willing to let go.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:21 pm
trace567

In all the time people have ever discussed and brought forward ideas on how to improve gm, and such I don't recall anyone ever saying that they disliked the look of the game itself, sure it could use a little tidying and improving...what couldn't? It was indeed made many years ago. But mostly players have always requested new features, better lobby, better pm system, ways to play people they want to play and not the people they don't, easier methods to report, profanity blocker for chat, better mute function etc etc. Improved help for new players such as a on screen tutorial etc. New up to date forum.
Just take a look at the suggestions section of the board and see how many times people have said that the actual game itself looks bad and needs changing?
Sure I've been around this place for 5 plus years, as like many who have been around this long we have stayed because we like GM. We have stayed despite the fact numbers have dropped and dropped due to reasons I have mentioned before such as mcaffee.

Every single one of us has wanted improvements etc to the game, and I am not going to say that Alex has not put time and effort into including many of those improvements we have all asked for over time, he certainly has included a number of the things I have listed above. The problem is he has done so in an entirely new look. It will take a lot for people to get their heads around that. Well some of us anyway.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am
baffoe1
Asteroid

thanks for hearing me newmagnate. give it a thought like you said. i know it is possible. for all u know u can be attracting different people both old and young. i really do hope we can have the two. i dont want to let go of the old because i think i am love with it. in the same breath i want to try the new one. just create two galactic magnates. personally i think the new looks a little like its a kids game however the new add ons may make it very appealing. with everything the start is difficult but one can always build on it. continue the good work. cheers.