Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Questions & Suggestions Suggestions
      All times are GMT  

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

at this stage we can add new features. Tell us what you'd like to see in the new version

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:17 pm
nockTurnal
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: Suggestions Reply with quote

I really like the screen shots. A lot of time and effort went into producing this new relaunch of Galactic Magnate. Here are some suggestions I came up with based on your request.

1. Anti-Stalling. It currently is not a punishable act. Parameters should be in place to prevent players who when it is their turn will chat away with complete disregard to other players. I had a game last night when a selfish chatty player's timer went down to 16. This isn't acceptable. I think points should be reduced if your timer goes down to a certain number--if the system can tell you were chatting. Now I know players get a d/c. So it's important that the game can tell the player is chatting/delaying. Also, sometimes we need to get up to the bathroom/drink or whatever. So it's important that it can tell the reason was due to too much chat.

2. Muting. If I want to mute another player, I'd rather not even know they typed anything at all. I think the "xxx xx xxxx" should be replaced with nothing. I don't want to know they are typing anything.

3. Player Name-Hiding. All player names should be similar. So for instance nockturnal, nockT, nockTurnal1, nockTurnal_II are all acceptable. I find that the players who are mean-spirited and rude often hide under different player names. There was a player last night who wouldn't have revealed himself in fact if I hadn't spotted it. Even trace didn't know that this was a well known player using a different name.

4. Trade Confusion. I've made mistakes in the past where I've accidentally given property when I thought I was receiving and vice versa. For new players, this is especially confusing. I'm hoping the new game it is as clear as day who is getting what. I don't make that mistake nowadays, however, there are times when I'm thrown off and have to be careful.

4.a Trade Abuse. Also, on the topic of trading sometimes players will be relentless and send the same trade over and over again no matter how many times you reject. Maybe a feature to "block" trades with a certain player to avoid us from making a mistake.

I noticed there is a "Black List" feature in the new design. How will this work? Can we block unscrupulous players?

It looks like we'll be able to click on a button that reads "Unfair Play." How does that work?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm
NewMagnate
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions.
Next several days I will publish new features discriptions. Some of yours points will be covered. The others we have to discuss how exactly will be realized.
Thank you for cooperation,
Alex