Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Unfair at least gray area trade if not cheat
      All times are GMT  

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:03 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Unfair at least gray area trade if not cheat Reply with quote

Salomy gave 1500 and 3rd green for three whites while only having 1124 money and 1120 credit reducing to -300+ cash giving jotta 2572 cash and third green. Salomy went out next round. 25 percent reduction to both players 5p game

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the objections to this ruling i will copy it to trace and see if she will look at it with unbiased judgement, am also emailing Kreso but trace will probably respond first

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm
trace567

Without question this was a bad trade. I do however wonder if there may of been any mistake made by salomy either with the cash (going the wrong way - which would still of been a bad trade) or if the 3rd black was accidentally missed off. As that would of given him 3 white and 3 black, still would of placed him/her into minus though. There was enough cash for green to easily be upgraded to level 4. The board was very empty, only brown level 4, orange level 3. No other coloured sets completed.

The trade without doubt gave jotta a unfair advantage, highly likely 1st place. Salomy would be struggling to survive off 3 white, 2 black and in minus...against orange, brown and now green. With more income or cash it could be a viable risk. But this I think was a risk too far.

So 25% reduction is more than fair.

But like I said, I do wonder if salomy made a mistake in this trade as jotta owned a black which would of been highly valuable to him/her. But the trade would of ruined the game and altered the out come either way, so unless there was any attempt to rectify the mistake a reduction would have to remain.

Hope that helps

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Thank you for reviewing Trace, I didnt want a one sided judgement on this. I appreciate your assistance so that it was viewed by two.

ITS ALL GOOD