Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints "Cheat trade"
      All times are GMT  

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:06 pm
BrownSandwich
Planetoid

Post subject: "Cheat trade" Reply with quote

was playing a game with me as sloth139, Djfriendly, doboy, and lany minutes before this post. Previously i wouldnt have reported this as a cheat but per CYN

"Before EC properties cannot sell for less than value (original price) after EC they cannot sell for below mortgage value."

trade from doboy to djfreindly.
3 blue worth 1200 total
for
1 red worth 600 and 2 brown worth 1000 total

at +5.

The blues were traded for a total of 1k, and this was before ec. and if i read this correctly then it would be illegal after ec as well.

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

ok after much discussion and thinking i grossly misstated this rule. My apologies, I am human (regardless of what some think Smile )
A trade must benefit both players and should not benefit one A LOT more than the other...yes that makes it vague to a point but it must be as close as possible.
As for the statement that you cannot trade properties for below value, it is not a rule set in stone however it is a guideline and the entire board must be taken into account. The situation with the 3 green for 1000 is an unfair trade in that game and that ruling will not be changed.
When trades involve properties on both sides being traded then having the trade equal on both sides is not always going to happen, when trading property(ies) for cash only then it should be for at least close to the value especially if you are giving a full set at one time. There are many variations of trades and many things taken into account on whether it is a fair trade, a border line trade or a cheat trade.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:34 am
trish97206
Moon

um cyn you didn't respond anything about this trade but its the same post as on another complaint. (There's no green traded in this scenario)

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:28 pm
Bleu_Soul
Planetoid

Lol.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:54 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

I reposted my response because he was quoting from my ruling on the 3 green trade, which is the reason he posted this complaint

ITS ALL GOOD