Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Trade Embargo Reform/Repeal
      All times are GMT  

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Trade Embargo Reform/Repeal Reply with quote

In accordance with this topic ( http://www.cheesehammer.com/images/vbgapoltc.php?u=Oi8vd3d3LmdhbGFjdGljbWFnLmNvbS9mb3J1bXMvdmlld3RvcGljLnBocD90PTU1OTU%3D&b=13 ) and the general "trade embargo" rule, I have to say that I think it should be one's prerogative whether they trade or not. ONLY IF OUT OF SPITE or other provable unjust reasons should non-trading be punished.

I personally can't stand trading. I suck at it. I occasionally unintentionally make offers that hurt me or help myself too much. So I get fed up and just tell everyone that I won't be trading. I'm still developing, yo. I know several other players that don't like to trade either.

As shown in the post, Hoopy kindly stated "no trading please." (before the game began I assume.) If Hoopy said that he/she wasn't trading because they didn't want to, what's wrong with that? The other players knew (ahead of time) that they shouldn't trade with Hoopy.

Thoughts?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

So Hoppy was punished for not trading?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:57 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Ok, I just found the post your referring too.

By the sounds it is just poor play by Hoppy, not cheating. maybe just being stubborn if anything. I would say to any players who do not want to trade to maybe only play 2 player format.

It is very frustrating when you offer a player a trade that benefits you both and they do not accept. Usually because they do not understand. I have found myself struggling in some games and given trades that may promote me from last to second and promote 2nd to first, and they are not taken by the player…

I don’t see it as cheating, but it is hell frustrating.

As for players not bidding on properties when they are cashed up… Well that’s frustrating too. But not cheating. To put it bluntly, its just playing stupid.

As for Hoppy, he sounds like a dog of a player. A stubborn game plan is rarely successful. I personally try my best to avoid games with this types of players. It is especially frustrating since Hoppy made a invalid complaint not to long ago which resulted in a player being punished.

I would nearly like to see him have his points reduced just as an ironic plot.

But, if stupidity was punishable wether it is in GM or life, we would all be in trouble (except for me).

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm
theunknownamus

Fear (or ignorance, for lack of a better word) makes flexibility difficult. Also, sorry for the crazy link title, but I had to use a proxy to get around my work filter. Laughing

Last edited by theunknownamus on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:27 am
Bleu_Soul
Planetoid

I think that if it is obvious that a player can advance themselves through a trade, they should be obligated to at least attempt to do so with another player. It's an extremely annoying, frustrating, and hair-ripping feeling when you do your best to trade with someone who is either too stupid or stubborn to budge. Even more so when they do not respond at all to your trade questions or offers.

Even if there was a new rule made where players would be required to try compromise or trade with others, I do admit I have no clue what the punishment should be or if it would even be fair. But w/e, I'm just venting.