Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments I am no longer a moderator
      All times are GMT  

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:23 pm
trace567

Post subject: I am no longer a moderator Reply with quote

Just a quick message to let you all know that I now am 100% out of modship. I do not have access to any moderator or admin tools any more.

I will still be playing the game, naturally Smile like I could ever leave.

I wish all the current mods all the best.

Thanks for having me as a moderator and admin for so long.

See you all online for lots of games and fun I hope.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:15 am
molecule
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to thank you for the time you have spent as moderator and i am glad you are still a devoted player, lol. as any event relating to other people takes diplomacy and tact, and you have become more experienced in such matters. in my opinion you have done good work on the forum and showed consideration in your judgements.
if you ever change your mind id be glad for your return. hope to see you in a game soon.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:12 pm
MrCrabbs

I'm surprised more people haven't posted here. You did a great job as head mod, and you'll be missed badly.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:48 pm
fingerbun
Planet

MrCrabbs wrote:
I'm surprised more people haven't posted here. You did a great job as head mod, and you'll be missed badly.

The forums are a ghost town now. That is why.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 am
MrCrabbs

Sad but true. It might help if people were allowed to speak more freely. When we could, people used to actually use the place.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:50 am
HHHfan
Moon

Well, what can I say that I haven't already said to Tracy personally? Probably not too much, so, here goes nothing! Trace is the best thing to happen to this place since I have been here, and she'll be sorely missed as a moderator, more specifically head moderator. It's too bad for the gm world, but not too bad for her, lol, what oh what will you do with all that free time Tracy? PROBABLY PLAY GM, LMFAO!! Laughing

If the gm world is lucky, we'll get Trace back as moderator someday, if were not, we won't, its pretty much that simple. Beyond that, Trace, you know what I think, that's the main thing! Wink

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:32 pm
BrownSandwich
Planetoid

Thanks for the good work Trace,

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:11 pm
Fort
Planet

Welcome back to life buddy !

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:12 pm
trace567

Thank you all Very Happy

I'm sorry I had to go.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:23 am
Apollon
Planetoid

Shocked

Last edited by Apollon on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 am; edited 3 times in total

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 am
fingerbun
Planet

hmmmm....

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:07 pm
trace567

Apollon wrote:
Epitaph

Will be forever missed
By the controlled and the pissed

A one woman campaign
The population now slain

Loved by the few
Till the few were just two

Her and her Ego

r.i.p.

lol nice poem Tina. However instead of targeting me with your anger please consider the fact that I allowed ALL mods at the time to vote on the length of the ban placed on your dear friend. 3 mods voted 1 year, 1 mod voted no ban, and 1 mod voted 1000 day ban (almost 3 years). The mod of which voted for for the max 1000 is still currently a moderator.

Oh and where are they, when this poem is an attack lol. But no worries I don't wish for Tina to be banned. But hey a warning wouldn't go a miss since I cannot be solely held responsible for your grievance Tina. Plus you should ask your friend to tell the truth on why he finally got banned for a lengthy time!!!
I'll tell you why, he was taking the piss out of CYN after I ruled on his trade as being borderline not deserving penalty since the two traders improved their income, but were unable to improve their positions. Making it a neutral trade which affected only themselves.
If he hadn't gone and taken the damn right piss out of a moderator in the lobby he'd still be here! But then he worked his way up to a 1 year ban, so its not like he didn't get warned time and time again. He chose to ignore every warning Tina, what do you expect moderators to do? Sit back and let him annoy both players and moderators.

Sadly sometimes when a ban is placed on someone it results in a situation where their friends do not like this, they then hold moderators responsible for the ban. In return they might leave to play another game with their friend, since that friend is banned. Sometimes sadly 1 ban can result in 2 or 3 players following the banned user. But what you don't think about is that not banning them can equally have a ripple affect. Loss of players where that 1 person is annoying others, or spreading negativity about the game. However mostly those affected stay silent, just vanish quietly and nobody bats an eye lid. Its actually a moderators responsibly to care for the game, and its players. Not just those with the loudest voices!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:22 pm
Apollon
Planetoid

Shocked

Last edited by Apollon on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 pm
Apollon
Planetoid

Shocked

Last edited by Apollon on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 pm
molecule
Planet

Trace said
Quote:
Sadly sometimes when a ban is placed on someone it results in a situation where their friends do not like this, they then hold moderators responsible for the ban. In return they might leave to play another game with their friend, since that friend is banned. Sometimes sadly 1 ban can result in 2 or 3 players following the banned user. But what you don't think about is that not banning them can equally have a ripple affect. Loss of players where that 1 person is annoying others, or spreading negativity about the game. However mostly those affected stay silent, just vanish quietly and nobody bats an eye lid. Its actually a moderators responsibly to care for the game, and its players. Not just those with the loudest voices!!!!!

anyone in a position of responsibility is bound to ruffle some feathers. when i was a manager i had to fire people,(not something i enjoyed at all). one time i had to fire a
friend because he did not want to pull his weight, and always wanted to break the rules. and then ive had to fire poeple that i didnt even hire. there are new players starting to play recently so lets make them welcome and encouraged.

Last edited by molecule on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total