Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints cheat selfish
      All times are GMT  

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 am
belkin
Planetoid

Post subject: cheat selfish Reply with quote

time:2:03am. date:14:08:2011. 4 player game baltimore, just-a-spliff,nockturnal and playa99. baltimore do a cheat trade with nockturnal green for brown

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:38 am
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two trades on green, 1st one at start 115

Nockturnal gains 1 white (making 3) and a 2nd brown

Baltimore gains 1 cyan (making a set - he has cash to build to level 4) and a 2nd green.

I'm not overly happy with this trade, but it did give both income and at the time within the game that was beneficial to both.

Second trade on green

Start 45

nockturnal - taking 1 yellow (justaspliff owns the other)
taking 2 pink (justspliff owns the other 2)
taking 1 brown (this makes a set for nockturnal)

Nockturnal's cash at the time was 733 with only 3 white for income. This means he could only build the brown by 2.

Baltimore - taking 1 green (this makes a full set of green)
He had 1734 cash - enough with credit to put 3 upgrades on green.
He also owned cyan fully upgraded.

Now nockturnal did get good trade properties in this trade, however there was 1 trade offer made after by nockturnal to justaspliff giving him yellow and taking pink. Unsurprisingly this was not accepted.

Justaspliff had good cash 4388 and no income from sets. I think a better trade on the yellow, pink and also the orange (nock owned 1) could of been sort. Had a good trade offer gone to play it could of weakened green and strengthened nockturnal. But no such offer was made, meaning baltimore is given 1st place without a fight even.

Therefore I feel the trade had a negative impact on nocktural, thus not advancing his game at all.

If a good effort had been made to trade those sets with justaspliff then the outcome could have been very different, and equally I wouldn't be ruling it a cheat trade. But offering the yellow to take the pink was unfair in itself, spliff had just cash, no property income. Nock had no real cash. In order to threaten green a trade was needed to allow both yellow and pink to come to the table and be upgraded to hold green/cyan down. This did not happen.

Nockturnal sometimes you have to give something to another and take something lesser, so long as it helps your game. Also use other players to your advantage. By this I mean giving spliff pink and you taking yellow with perhaps a little cash to help you out would of given you 3 white, brown and yellow...spliff pink but he had funds to build up nicely. The pink would of been damaging to green. When you need help from others, don't offer them a bad side of a trade!

Ruling as a borderline since the efforts to use the properties acquired was not put in practice, and also giving green in itself is highly risky....especially without a good plan of how to counter it.

25% point reduction to both baltimore and nockturnal

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:40 pm
nockTurnal
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

trace567 wrote:

Nockturnal sometimes you have to give something to another and take something lesser, so long as it helps your game. Also use other players to your advantage. By this I mean giving spliff pink and you taking yellow with perhaps a little cash to help you out would of given you 3 white, brown and yellow...spliff pink but he had funds to build up nicely.

25% point reduction to both baltimore and nockturnal

I didn't know it was so bad. I think these things should be judged on intent. But I respect your decision. It's quite a hefty fine for something I didn't even see as a cheat. I even admitted that maybe it was a mistake and I resigned early.

spliff was pretty upset about this and didn't give me a counter offer. He just plain didn't like it at all. I made the offer, but if he had offered yellow for pink I would've given it to him. But he and the other player were more interested in accusing me of being a cheater. That to me is unfair in itself. They were more concerned with accusing me of being a cheater and threatening a report than trying to make things right.