Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments STAFF VACANCIES AND OFFERS
      All times are GMT  

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 pm
trace567

Post subject: STAFF VACANCIES AND OFFERS Reply with quote

We have a vacancy for a trade/in game disputes and other issues moderator, we do have one users who has been approached, however as yet waiting to here if they would be able to take this on at present.
Therefore the vacancy is being thrown open to all for offers.

REQUIREMENTS:

You must be a regular player of multi games (especially 4/5).
You must have at least 1 account with over 25,000 points.
You must have no recent point reductions or bans.
You must be 18 years of age or older.

Less defined role vacancies

I'm basically here asking for offers from users for what they may feel they can give, and contribute towards the GM community as a whole. This does not necessarily mean full modship, or even modship.
For instance, you may be under the age of 18, or have limited time but would still like to offer to help in some way. I would like users to use their imagination a bit here, and really bring idea's to the table for us to see what we have out there.

An example....I have wondered about if any member would like a role as articles writer, or forum content contributor. Meaning your role would be here on the forum to provide fresh, current, topics for the forum.
This could be user help guides, strategy guides, interviews with players.....

If you are interested in helping the moderator team, or community in any way, please post belonw with a short reason for your applying and what you feel you can give towards GM.

I make no promises of users being taken solely on relying below, but we as a mod team will evaluate ALL offers. If we are unable to take someone on at this time, we will hold your name for the future if a position suitable becomes available.

Last edited by trace567 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i would love to give my name for the same i m 19 years and i think i hv played this game enough(fr 6-7 months now) to know wht exactly cheat trade means in multiplayer and i think i will be able to judge it correctly :p

only problem that i may hv is my college timing when it start full force and during my exams i may only get max 2 hours per day on pc and gm on those days except those day i can be here more than 6 hours a day or so Very Happy Very Happy

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 pm
theunknownamus

I'm willing to help in any way I can, whether it be contributing content or dealing with disputes. I would like to volunteer as a possible forum editor as I have some experience with web design. My time on here lately is, however, somewhat limited due to work and exams coming up for me, but I can manage an hour or two to help around the game or forum.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:49 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

I would like to recommend to trace and all mods to consider prince for the role! he has not been around all that long, but he seems to be able to spot a rat in a game very easily! going on the amount of trade complaints he has posted on in the past few months.

please consider him for this roll... would love to hear all mods thoughts on this suggestion.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:35 am
CANON
Ex Moderator

I Second that!

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:51 pm
trace567

I'd also be interested to hear from any players who might like to assist in tournaments. At the moment we try and have 2 moderators present at any tourney. I'm thinking if we could have tourney helpers, we could get this down to only requiring 1 moderator present to run each tourney. As a helper could assist the moderator in getting those players registered into the tourney room.
They would also have to be able to answer any basic questions players may have about how the tourney runs etc. So experience of tournaments would be of use. It would also mean helping check all players are on the names of which they registered with.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 pm
HHHfan
Moon

id be happy to help in any way. you can decide what you wanted me to do, i will have some time here till we go back to work!

Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:25 am
cbd2630
Asteroid

opppps

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:11 am
Wind
Asteroid

Post subject: moderator Reply with quote

Hi,

I am not a moderator, but I played the game quite some time. Even, I do not have a vote, I would support prince taking a mod role as well, and recon him to calm his temper when taking on that role.
Otherwise thanks to all organizing and supporting this game. It is always a pleasure and a very relaxing spare time activity, I would not like to miss

Best Regards,
Wind

Laughing

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:05 am
bezma2

I vote for prince ( Sougat ) to . He will be a good trade mod . My vote goes to TOON also for trade mod . I must ask HHHfun what he mean by saying >>> i will have some time here till we go back to work <<<<<

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 am
MrCrabbs

I'd be happy to help with cheat trades part-time. I have a good understanding of the rules and my only recent ban was for forum stuff - basically talking back to moderators, which would not affect my ability to help with cheat trade decisions.

I would add that I only got into trouble while discussing the old Trade Embargo rule, and that even while I was getting punished I contributed usefully by bringing back for discussion a rule that had been accidentally deleted and all but forgotten about.

I would try to preserve the rules of GM as best I can. As a moderator I would be perfectly happy for players to disagree with my decisions respectfully, and I would contribute to a more useful and relevant forum by arguing against censorship, which I feel has gone too far.

In the past I have undertaken detailed analyses of how tournaments affect the points distribution of players and how easy or difficult it is to find a game, I have uncovered severe cheating and multi-IP users, and I have contributed to discussion threads on strategy in useful ways, back in the days when the forum was less heavily censored.

I have also upset a few of the regular forum users and mods, but I do feel that the forum is only used by a handful of users at present, and that most of the upset was caused by rocking the boat, which I feel is healthy.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:11 am
HHHfan
Moon

bezma2 wrote:
I vote for prince ( Sougat ) to . He will be a good trade mod . My vote goes to TOON also for trade mod . I must ask HHHfun what he mean by saying >>> i will have some time here till we go back to work <<<<<
Well, in a couple months I'll go back to work and I dont know how much time Ill have after that, its kind of a seasonal job as such, tearing out and replacing concrete, so in march, april, or may, ill go back to work, and wont have a lot of time on my hands, till then, i do!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 am
MrCrabbs

I didn't notice Toon's name in the mix, he's a very experienced player and a nice guy, so would be a good choice.

I can't comment on PrinceOfPersia as I don't know him well enough, but my fear would be that he may not know the game as well.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:03 pm
trace567

MrCrabbs wrote:
I didn't notice Toon's name in the mix, he's a very experienced player and a nice guy, so would be a good choice.

I can't comment on PrinceOfPersia as I don't know him well enough, but my fear would be that he may not know the game as well.

I approached Toon some weeks ago, at the time he was too busy to take on a mod role, but he is now free to take it on.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:56 pm
bezma2

HHHfan wrote:
bezma2 wrote:
Well, in a couple months I'll go back to work and I dont know how much time Ill have after that, its kind of a seasonal job as such, tearing out and replacing concrete, so in march, april, or may, ill go back to work, and wont have a lot of time on my hands, till then, i do!

I understand but, see HHHfan , Iam working too and taking a role of mod i have some obligations to do mod job in my spare time when i can and in best way i can .
What I wont to say is that mod job is not some kind of seasonal work like , 3 month you do it and than 3 month you cant do it so you will again do it when you can . Its a full daily work , and if someone cant afford to be here at least one hour a day than he can not do this job .
Don't get me wrong HHHfun please . Iam talking this not only to you but to all future mods to understand that taking mods job , they cant do it only time to time . Its not easy job , but we are trying to make it as easy as possible to us and future mods .