Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints tline trade embargo
      All times are GMT  

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:02 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: tline trade embargo Reply with quote

So just as I am talking about the "trade embargo" form of cheating, I get hit by an absolute classic case.

Just had a 4p game that finished at 21:55 or so.

Players:

MrCrabbs
tline
lion11
monster

I would like the conversation for the game to be looked at, the trades I offered, the absence of offers from the other player, and his laughing at me in the lobby when I came 3rd (he came 4th).

There really can be no sane reason for his behaviour, except to spite me for "blocking" him. That is directly prohibited in the (admittedly long-forgotten) rules written by Kreso.

I just can't work out why this is allowed.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:41 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for the moment whilst all that is happening is discussion on non trading, that it important that things don't get out of hand.

The discussion on it is fair, that it maybe occasionally was implemented in the past. But it has not been common place to do so certainly in GM's recent past. Whether this be right or wrong, it would be wrong to dive in the deep end here.

This topic is currently being discussed in the sauna, and I am not prepared to rule on ANY complaint related to non-trading until CYN has her considerations and viewing of the discussion thread in The Sauna. Equally, if it were down to me (which it is not) I would want a democratic vote prior to re-instating it.

So I ask you Crabbs to please for now just discuss down in The Sauna. Please don't post any further complaints of non-traders at this time.

Thanks

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 pm
cline
Asteroid

this is not even woth responding too what it all comes down to is the trades he offered were a rip off... his 1st trade to me was 1800 for 1 white seeing I already had 2 the counter was at +140 I think the other white was still open then he re offered 2nd offer was 1700 which I also dismissed as a ripp off. who in their right mind would buy 1 white for 1700-1800 at that stage of the game... later in th game he sent me another trade which I beleive was 2 whites for 2 cyan giving me the set I think my dollar value was not high at all less then 500-600 credit giving him 4 whites giving him stronger props to gain income where I would have to hope to get bonuses to make reds pay off for me considering another player already had orange and brown fully upgraded so that is why I also dismissed that trade. his next offer was his next offer wwas 2 reds for 2 whites and some cash I think seeing I only had less than 600 credit this would have given him fully upgraded reds another player had fully upgraded orange and brown another player had 4 blacks I still had the chance to take dark blue whish I eventually did but still lost I'm ok with that BUT why I did not trade with crabbs is because at the point of offer it was not in my best interest to do so I saw no advantage at all for me so some one care to explain the bennifit of trading to bennifet both players I can not see it here in this situation I know the rules son trades are supposed to bennifit both players how were your offers going to bennifit me at the point of offering seeing other props were upgraded and brought at that time

this is my reasoning for not trading you might have your way of playing but my way is better even thow I lost the one thing I''ll never do is play desperate and give you props for cheap son....

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 pm
MrCrabbs

Fair enough.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm
MrCrabbs

That "fair enough" was to trace

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 am
cline
Asteroid

just to add this. I think the main reason you have other posts on people not trading with you is the prices you offer for props you buy. your offers are very boarder line it seems going by other posts, and when people who place different monitory values on their props you think its a conspiracy against you

you are better to offer trades then bennifit both players instead of mostly befitting yourself in the near future then maybe you will complain less

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:45 am
MrCrabbs

I offered mutually beneficial trades throughout. I don't think you sent me a single thing.

But anyway we've been asked not to discuss this particular case further.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 am
cline
Asteroid

something very interesting just came to my attention in the lobby after talking to other playing who have played with you in 45. it seems that buying props to trade is your main strategy it seems you rely off other people to trade with to advance your situation in the game... it also seems that you trade and look for players who are desperate to trade thus offering trades that mostly bennifit yourself then the other play. if this is your style of play then you should expect noting but what you reap.if people like me refuse to trade given this situation then this should discount your complant infact any future complaint you bring up regarding trading

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 am
cline
Asteroid

MrCrabbs wrote:
I offered mutually beneficial trades throughout. I don't think you sent me a single thing.

But anyway we've been asked not to discuss this particular case further.

do you call 1800 for 1 white at +140 beneficial what a joke like I said before people place different monetary value on props FYI my buying price was 1500 no more than that

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 am
MrCrabbs

What do you want me to do, read your mind? If you wanted to pay 1500, you should have sent me that as an offer.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 am
cline
Asteroid

wuda cuda shuda lets leave it for the mods I know I'm right besides I was still earning income off the 2 whites I owned

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:18 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Last edited by Welsh-Leek on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Crabbs ... As you have already been told by trace , this non trading rule ... will be discussed but between mods and not players! you do note need to keep [posting such complaints and havin debates in the complaint section about it ... as its just wasting mods time!
you want to debate such rules or anything else like this TAKE IT TO THE SAUNA and you can debate with player about it till the cows come home!

your general attitude since you have come back needs to change , you seem to want to cause issues between mods and players!! and WE WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!

personal attacks on individual players will not be tolerated either... a little suggestion to you at this point is to either change your ways or find somewhere else to play!

welsh-leek aka use-give3