Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Game Went Wrong.
      All times are GMT  

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:58 am
NeonLytes
Asteroid

Post subject: Game Went Wrong. Reply with quote

Was in a 4p with lutoo / knight2002 / irinuk / and myself.

i left the game roughly 5 minutes ago which was 8:55 am EST

Strange trades took place before recession for brown and green then a trade back was tried and it didn't quite work as people lost money.

while me and the others were trying to figure out whether to report or carry on i lost my timer and got kicked out of the room so i have no log information.
i do not think either player purposely tried to cheat, but definetly a trade took place that was extremely one sided

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade was green (last one) to knight2002 in exchange for the brown set to lutoo. At start 40.

Knight already had yellow and 2000 cash. Plus downgrade (on trade) gave him approx 2800 cash to build green.

lutoo owned dark blue 4 upgrades 2 red and had 1400 cash.

Whilst gaining brown would obviously enable lutoo to improve his income, with green and yellow on the board it would be a highly dangerous move.

The trade is not a straight forward cheat, however it is more a borderline issue. But I do believe lutoo would not of accepted this trade deliberately. Chat backs this, as does his attempts to send reverse offers, even some with cash where knight lost upgrades.
Lutoo also offered to quit the game and apologised to other players.

After the trade the game just went into melt down. A long time was spent between players trying to fix it, however knight was not co-operating.

I'm going to do something very rare. So please don't others ask this to be done for their games. I feel that this game should be an exception as players lost points, or gained points unfairly. Despite efforts made to resolve things between them.

knight2002 will recieve a 25% point reduction for the borderline trade and his lack of co-operation after the trade. (also points won unfairly to be removed - 1252)

lutoo who came 2nd will have the points won taken back. (1196 points)

neolytes who came in 4th and the only player to lose points, these will then be returned. He lost 5914 points.

irinuk who came 1st winning 3864 (to note his position in the game prior to trade was not good and would be unexpected to win) will have half those points won taken back. I would take them all back, but then he did not win them by his own fault etc. (so 1932 points will be taken back)

Please don't ask for this to be done again. It is a very lengthy process checking points before, after and of next games to figure out what was won and lost etc. The only reason I have done this on this occasion is because I could not see any other fair way to deal with this.

Final note:

A reverse trade was finally accepted by knight 10 minutes after the borderline trade was accepted. This is a long time spent trying to make the game right, and thus completely ruined it for all players involved.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:46 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

finally i(knight2002) got my forum acc phew and i actually hv smthing to say here in my behalf about my deduction but its too late now.Still thanks trace fr ur time and sorting this out. Rolling Eyes