Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat Evolution and Creation
      All times are GMT  

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:48 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Evolution and Creation Reply with quote

This topic has been on my mind for quite some time. I've found several reasons advocating and disproving it. Personally, I believe it in the representative sense that society and even animals adapt and change to their surroundings but not in the sense that species derived from one another, most notably humans.

Homo erectus is thought to be the missing link between modern humans (homo sapians) and apes. However, these species coexisted, so it's rather improbable that sapians would have evolved from erectus. Homo erectus remains one of the most successful and long-lived species of Homo. As a distinct Asian species, however, no consensus has been reached as to whether it is ancestral to H. sapiens or any later hominids.

Wikisource Homo erectus is an extinct species of hominid that originated in Africa from the end of the Pliocene epoch to the later Pleistocene, about 1.8 to 1.3 million years ago. There is still disagreement on the subject of the classification, ancestry, and progeny of H. erectus, with two major alternative hypotheses: erectus may be another name for Homo ergaster, and therefore the direct ancestor of later hominids such as Homo heidelbergensis, Homo neanderthalensis, and Homo sapiens; or it may be an Asian species distinct from African ergaster.

H. erectus originally migrated from Africa during the Early Pleistocene, possibly as a result of the operation of the Saharan pump, around 2.0 million years ago, and dispersed throughout much of the Old World. Fossilized remains 1.8 and 1.0 million years old have been found in Africa, Europe, Indonesia, Vietnam, and China.

On the topic of the start of the universe, the big bang is the most popular theory. In religion, a form of creation by a deity sets existence in motion. In natural science, abiogenesis or biopoesis is the study of how life on Earth could have arisen from inanimate matter. It should not be confused with evolution, which is the study of how groups of already living things change over time, or with cosmogony, which covers how the universe might have arisen.

There is a vast number of theories all with their points. However, there's a key factor I have yet to be proved wrong about. The concept of infinity is impossible in many sciences. It is a mathematical law that you cannot get something out of nothing. For anything to exist, including cycles, and therefore have a beginning, something must have already been there, God if you will. Something omnipotent and outside of science. Matter can not be created nor destroyed only changed into different forms. To start or end matter takes supernatural power.

I love to hear all opinions and queries.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, well I think this could sprout off into many directions as the creation of life from a science versus religion versus astrology perspective.

There is without doubt an evolution type thing, if we go down to the most basic of life forms such as germs it is clear to see even today that they can and do evolve when they have to in order to maintain themselves. Such as super bugs if you like that become resistant to antibiotics. They have altered themselves in a way to beat human intervention and prevent their own extinction if you like.

Now if we go right back, and start talking about how life came to even exist in the first place thats where the various theories etc all come into play.

Here's a link to a video (its long but you don't have to watch it all just the first 5 mins throw up some interesting theories) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EZyFzkUC4c talking about life on earth having in fact come from other planets etc, it then goes on to talk about dna and if you like evolution and species creation.

Going back to the topic of can species derive from another, in particular humans.

I think that it is highly possible. If you break it down and look at it as if it is or isn't feasible. We all know that animals, tree's, birds, even humans can and do all have many many differences. A tree is a tree, but what makes a tree grow apples, rather than pears? There is so much difference of all animals and plants of which we group under different umbrella names. But each one some how evolved in some way to become what they are today.
So the question I guess is, can some life form of which we have labelled as x over many many years some how morph into another species. With humans versus apes I think we share enough in common that we could very well of some how come about through them. If you look around and back to the tree's etc. A palm tree is considerably different to a apple tree. Yet we still think of both as being tree's. But one grows one side of the world under different climate conditions etc.
So I think with time and climate, and just what existed where apes lives could all then cause them to evolve into something else, possibly us. But that there was enough of whatever apes needed to survive that meant they continued even with a newer form thriving.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

personally, i believe in creation, but regardless of what you believe, i don't think anyone can connect all the dots together; none of the theories have all the answer. however, i'm not saying that we should stop seeking answers. we should continually seek more knowledge and information, testing and refining theories as time goes on.

without proof on every detail, i guess the decision is up to you to decide what you choose makes the most sense personally. in my opinion, this imperfection requires all people to make a faith-based decision to believe any of the theories (regardless whether or not it is religious).

i don't want to force my religious opinions on anyone, but creation makes the most sense to me.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:07 am
judd
Planet

palabra wrote:
i don't think anyone can connect all the dots together; none of the theories have all the answer. however, i'm not saying that we should stop seeking answers. we should continually seek more knowledge and information, testing and refining theories as time goes on.

very intelegent plabra

agree

some of the assumed constants in physics are now being pushed to the extent they either are wrong or more likely, could be on a mild arc rather than a straight line as originaly assumed, we are talking miniscule amounts here, but for the real and bigger picture on a universe level these small differences become huge.

Cool