Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Being told where patrons can and can not post !!!
      All times are GMT  

Wed May 04, 2011 9:52 am
wallace
Planetoid

Post subject: Being told where patrons can and can not post !!! Reply with quote

Being told where patrons of this site can and can not post is not to be tolerated in a modern western society. Infact patrons liberties should be enforced by the mods and not encroached upon!!! WOW This makes me wonder!

Regarding the topic closed.
Refer to
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48753#48753

Quote:
Prince of Persia1992 wrote
Finger and Wallace this topic is not what you two are crying about. DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON ANY TOPIC IN REPORT SECTION IF ITS NOT RELATED TO YOU IN ANY WAYS. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THE ORIGINAL POSTS.

Now to trace agreed with you in that but really big need to change for guidelines cause this is silly cant even do anything even if I can see its unfair clearly.

Locking this thread cause its going nowhere frm where it started.

Was this English ? I had to read it 3 times and try to understand what it means. Unfortunately I am still not really sure, anyway.

Don’t tell me where and where not to comment. Who are you to dictate or encroach upon my Freedom of Speech. Any thread on the this site is related to me and anyone else that is a user of the game, and you and for that matter no one has the right to decide who posts or comments on issues here. There is nothing in the misguided conditions that state patrons cannot comment on the complaints section. And if they did it would breach European Civil Liberties very clearly. If you want to test me on this we can and I will take it further.

So you don’t like people’s opinion so you lock the thread!

IF I HADNT READ YOUR REDICULOUS ADJUDICATION OF THE ORIGINAL COMPLAINT AND HIGHLIGHTED IT, MORE THAN LIKELY WOULD HAVE STOOD.

This is exactly why people have open access to comment on forums. To make sure there is natural checks and balances placed on those in power making wrong decisions. Its incredible how quickly a little bit of powdered power goes to a totalitarian clowns head in this place.

Once again you show the nature of moderation on this site is of a dictatorial approach rather than one of guiding help and adjudication. All things in moderation are exactly the opposite of the extreme position shown to us here. Look up the word moderation in a dictionary and while you are there see if you could possible pick up the English language to the point that you can be understood and should be expected of a mods position.

Why have people put up with this for so long is beyond belief?
Actually correction to that; they have not put up with it, they have all left!

Wed May 04, 2011 10:32 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace, I have read your posts, and I agree with some of the things you've said. But I don't think ranting will get you anywhere. Why don't you try contributing more usefully instead?

Wed May 04, 2011 12:25 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Post subject: the ice cream shop only sells curdled vanilla flavour. Reply with quote

It may sound like a rant because no one has the guts to make any strong points here anymore against what is wrong.

But yes Ranban, I do agree with you completely. My points or anyone else’s end up nowhere. Well not exactly true, more than likely they end up in Ban Heaven for going to the trouble.

But where are we at the moment? At the edge of a precipice with no reverse gear. Did I bring us to this position? No I didn’t. Do I have a voice ? More than most it seems.

In all the time I have read these forums or been on the game lobby I have seen no progression to a better environment. None what so ever. Exactly the opposite in fact. Only preaching and posturing of little worth and of no construction. I’d love to know how it is possible to be constructive or in fact how to reason with the unreasonable? Quite simply there is no mechanism in place for change where change is required.

I am for drastic measures and total realm change. Revolution is a peasant’s right. Dam it! There is not enough peasants left to man the guillotine! haha

Oh well, at least there is po po po Poker sites and other fun places to be.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

Wallace firstly do you even know what exactly rights to freedom of speech means and whats the difference between rights to freedom in normal life and in a internet site or chat sites or forums

just go through this link i hope something will get to your think nuthead with trouble making ideas

Freedom of Speech in Chat rooms and Forums:

Freedom of expression has never meant that a person could use language however she or he saw fit. Freedom of expression was defended on the grounds that rational discourse paid off immensely with respect to education, politics, and personal growth. However language as a tool can serve more than just this purpose. Language can be used in many ways, including as a tool to hurt others.

There is no such concept as absolute freedom of speech.

Life would be quite unlivable if everyone were to be encouraged or for that matter permitted to speak their mind without second thought for the consequences. Absolute freedom of speech would constitute an infringement on freedom to live. There appears to be a fairly common mis-perception that freedom equals license; that being free to do something means you possess an irrevocable license to do it. What seems to be lacking is an understanding that our "rights" also confer an irrevocable responsibility to exercise our freedoms intelligently and responsibly.

IN FACT the first amendment of the US Constitution says: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

This amendment places a limit on the CONGRESS, and by association the government. There is absolutely NOTHING in there which places a limitation on a person or company to regulate speech in their chat room or forum they provide. Therefore if a website owner, presuming it isn't the U.S. government, wants to restrict speech on their sites there is nothing to prohibit them from doing so. Not to mention the fact that the U.S. constitution comes to a screaming halt at their border, and contrary to popular American belief, there is a whole world beyond that is certainly not governed by the U.S.

Laughably it seems as though most people approve of free speech, but only when they approve of the content of that speech. As soon as the speech turns to political views they dislike or sexual material that offends them, the principle of freedom of speech disappears!

Read more: http://www.disabled-world.com/communication/freedom-of-speech.php#ixzz1LO2g5Tax

also i am 100% sure that you dont even will know the meaning of what exactly moderation means in private sites so here for you to see and understand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moderation_system

Wed May 04, 2011 12:53 pm
Fort
Planet

ranban282 wrote:
Wallace, I have read your posts, and I agree with some of the things you've said. But I don't think ranting will get you anywhere. Why don't you try contributing more usefully instead?

Second that.

Wallace you can make out from my posts that i m not too happy either the way things run, BUT you sure seem to have crossed the line . Remember this is Kreso's site and its HIS appointed people running the show, you or me cannot come here and claim freedom of speech by default.

Wed May 04, 2011 1:28 pm
trace567

Wallace please keep your posts constructive, even if they are criticism. Constructive criticism is just fine, attacking, ranting, promoting other games and sites is not.

Please make your points clear and without the extras that could land you in trouble, then you will wonder why nobody listened. I am all ears if you present good workable idea's and thoughts.

Wed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Please don’t tell me how to express myself. I am fully educated and able to do so. I am always VERY clear.

It is perfectly constructive. People have the right to comment on the complaints section. What problem do you have with me and that idea!

There are no extras that can land me in trouble. I will be sitting and walking much the same now and after posting. Only enforced draconian rules can deem I will be in trouble for making a point of view.

This is not N. Korea. Or maybe it is and I am in fact in a very very bad dream.

Wed May 04, 2011 1:42 pm
wallace
Planetoid

To the Prince...

Well at least you are debating now instead of making ridiculous orders. That’s a first good step and I welcome that. But you do so only because I make valid points and you don’t want to continue looking like the fascist mod that previously was ordering everyone to be quiet. (Shakes head in amazement)

It’s my thread, it’s my view and it is regarding people on this site commenting on the complaints section. It is not about freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is everyone’s right within the guidelines of that statute. I have not deviated from those guidelines, or even came close to entering into any areas that can be deemed to infringe upon them.

Basically this has been going on long enough. We all have the right to comment on the points in the complaints section and I will do so if I feel it is warranted. People should stop listening to the blanket and draconian orders so easily dished out here. They only listen to this because of the threat of bans, which I and others see to be the main cause of this sites demise.

Yes I fully understand the issues and right of individuals concerning Freedom of Speech and Civil and Social Liberties. And as long as I am living in Europe and providing I do not abuse the rights of another or make unlawful attacks on another honour and reputation (which I have not) I will fully express myself and my views within civil law here very legally. Thank you very much.

It is best not to pull self relevant paragraphs off the internet but rather fully understand the legislation if you want to discuss these issues.

Wed May 04, 2011 1:48 pm
wallace
Planetoid

Quote:
Wallace please keep your posts constructive, even if they are criticism. Constructive criticism is just fine, attacking, ranting, promoting other games and sites is not.

Please make your points clear and without the extras that could land you in trouble, then you will wonder why nobody listened. I am all ears if you present good workable idea's and thoughts.

Im not really bothered if your all ears or not. Im talking to anyone that has a mind, a view point and the ability to debate the real issues that are ignored. If you again want to look for details like 'rants' 'promotion of other sites' to put a spin on my points of view, then go for it. Infact i fully expect it.

Promotting other game sites???? haha, that one again. Are you going to ban me for saying im going for a game of poker?
What game site have I promoted. I mentioned Facebook which has been metioned on these forums 110 times. It was in context to why people no longer play here and was perfectly relevant. Dont make another political issue with small points for Gods sake.

If you have a reasonable view on the thread and its topic, feel free, otherwise why troll my thread with your overbearing and mothing instructions once again.

:roll

Cant see ma, cant see ma, no he cant see my

PO PO PO PO KER FACE....

Dammit, I cant get that so so so song out my he he he head ...

Wed May 04, 2011 2:57 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

Its not about if you are allowed to post on report section or not but if something or a report,not related to you and you dont have anything to say regarding the original topic we expect no one to post there.
you think its right if i post about non trading rule(which has nothing to do with your current original topic) in this topic of yours ?
Its just to keep everything in balance ,we ask not to post anything on report section where you are not involved in any way.

Quote:
It’s my thread, it’s my view and it is regarding people on this site commenting on the complaints section. It is not about freedom of speech.

yes its a different topic thats what i am saying why you have problem i also have rights to say anything anywhere on forum according to your idea of freedom and, by the way its you only whos ranting about freedom of speech without even knowing what it exactly mean, here's an example
Quote:
Don’t tell me where and where not to comment. Who are you to dictate or encroach upon my Freedom of Speech.

as a moderator i have every right to ask you not to post on complaint threads in which you are involved, i am not asking you not to express yourself or anything but complains which are not related to you or you don't have anything to say regarding the original complaint we expect you not to post in there.
like in that post i locked thread you could have said whatever you wanted constructively about the original topic like hhhfan did but to discuss" about bans due to posting on report section" you can use other forum section open a topic and discuss no ones stopping you for that.

Quote:
It is perfectly constructive. People have the right to comment on the complaints section. What problem do you have with me and that idea!

there is no problem with your idea just wrong place to discuss that

also to add, you are the one and few others who have problem with the banning policy but rules are made by the creator or the owner of the game and if any offence is done according to the banning policy we have full rights to place a ban.Yes there may be some changes necessary in the banning policy but untill necessary changes made practically you must abide by all the rules set by the owner.

Wed May 04, 2011 3:20 pm
wallace
Planetoid

LOL, And this is our new Mod.
Sorry but its like debating with my 2 year old. But ok I guess it can be fun if you manage to hold your breath while thinking.

Ok here it is Prince.
Personally I don’t think your qualified to be a mod. Your decisions and your ability to explain yourself is limited. In this and the complaints thread in question you have proved this without a shadow of a doubt. Yet you continue to argue that no one has a right to comment on complaint threads?

Sounds like a dictatorship and not a forum. I wouldn’t mind if only those in charge were able.

I can’t address all that nonsense, thanks for vindicating my arguments. I'm off for a game of poker. LOL

"Eat me... eat me... eat me... me... me... meat,
It stops you stuttering you stuttering stutt stutt"
Extract from the Monkey Advice book 2011.

Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm
trace567

Wallace are you here simply to try an cause trouble, or is there something you actually want altering of which if it is a reasonable request and placed forward in a constructive, non attacking manner I will happily listen to. All the time you insult moderators you're building a wall around yourself and your idea's.

I placed the request that users do not post randomly on complaint threads for which they were not involved, or of which have nothing of value to add to the particular complaint in hand to assist either the player or moderator.
I openly state that members may freely discuss any topic of which may have arose from a complaint of which they feel is of interest, but were not present or giving useful help to that case in hand. You may discuss any issue surrounding a complaint thread, but please use sections such as this one, or the sauna to do so.

HHHfan contributed constructive feedback to the user, and highlighted how they have dealt with the same issue themselves. This is not wrong, in fact his post is very welcome as constructive, relevant to the player who posted.

You however are making argument where there is no real need for one. You just simply wish to have the right to place random comments all over the place wherever you so choose. I ask this doesn't happen in complaints threads, they are important for those placing the complaints. Moderators do not need the added burden of a messy argument thread that goes way off topic when trying to deal with someone's report. Please have some respect for that.