Planetoid

Post subject: Unfair trade in 5p game Reply with quote

players in game:

hairycalgrad
brandonjennings
deathtogoosey
Purpletwilight
cbd2630

at +200 on start player hairycalgrad makes offer to cbd2630 giving cbd2630 his two cyans for one white extractor. (i have the other 3 whites so the trade was knowingly a cheat)
9:30 pm us timing. please look into this, thanks.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:03 am
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to rule this one as a cheat trade.

I am not denying the fact that the white has clear value, and is a good property for trading. However the board was in such a way that if a further trade with purple on the white and last pink could not be secured then the cyan trade may have cost everyone else the game, including hairycalgrad.

There was still another white on the board. Hairycalgrad after attempted to trade the one white for pink. However I doubt too many players would want to part with a pink that early for only a white, when there is still another on the board.

cbd already owned orange fully upgraded, and had 1000 cash to hand. With start at 200 it would not take long for cyan to be full, thus giving a very big advantage over all other players, including hairycalgrad if he could not get the pink.

So whilst I can see his logic, I am afraid I must still class this as a cheat trade as benefit and advancing were highly debatable on his side.

However I will deduct only 25% from both as I can see the logic here. But it is still a bad trade.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 pm
cbd2630
Asteroid

Post subject: not a cheat Reply with quote

it was my fault for not paying attention to who was trading me cyan for my white. when it happened it had it show up 1 sec b4 an auction card covered it up. (in my head i assumed it was player with the other 2 whites, why wouldn't it be... right?) when auction was over i accepted as soon as auction was over as it was my turn. I put 3 upgrades on it and rolled dice in a matter of 2 or 3 sec. when i or the next player rolled one of us landed on white and i saw only a 70 dollars profit. then i started to look and seen it was another player who traded me for my white. (not the player with 2 other whites like i thought). then came in the complaints. i offered to sell off my upgrades at my expense and trade the spots back. to make it far. no one said another word so i played without upgrading for many many rolls. not only did i still not win i never played with that player b4 in any game. a bad trade from him Yes. me cheating NO. its your call and u made it but i'm not a cheater.