Post subject: Cheat trade lucyuba/chizer Reply with quote

Game just finished.

chizer
motherofthree
lucyuba
2012dday
vybz_kartel

start was about -90

when chizer noticed he would be out first he did this.

(lucyuba was in first place with green and yellow upgraded and she had most cash, only cyan was upgraded and blacks were taken.)

chizer auctioned purple for a ridiculous amount while only lucy had the cash to buy it.

---------
lucyuba bought 2 blues from chizer for 800 while she had green purple and yellow while i had the 3rd blue.

lucyuba bought a second red for 1000 from chizer.
she just bought 1200 credit while she was in first place on property and cash both. It was only beneficial for chizer.

at -400 lucyuba bought 3rd red from motherofthree for 2500
only beneficial for motherofthree

in the end when she degraded red purple green orange brown and yellow she had 7000 cash and 2600 credit with start -600

when i did this my points got reduced because i bought 'useless' properties and i got told it has to benefit both and to prevent someone from buying a set later in the game is not considered beneficial.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:40 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately all the trades were fair. No one is ever guaranteed the winner as the game has a way of turning quickly. The trades were not below value and bettered positions.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 2:35 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: ? Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
Unfortunately all the trades were fair. No one is ever guaranteed the winner as the game has a way of turning quickly. The trades were not below value and bettered positions.
Forgive me, but this seems to be a contradictory phrase. If no one is ever guaranteed the winner (or a rank) how can one tell if they have bettered their position? Also, if the trades were below base value then would they be ruled legal if the players that made them won (1st & 2nd respectively) and illegal if they lost (or if only one won)? But, then again, how could even this be proven...? Confused

Sun May 16, 2010 6:29 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

They were not sold below value and again as you do not know all the details please refrain from commenting in the complaint section if you were not in the game or a mod.
The whole situation was looked at not just what was stated here. Judging a ruling without all the facts is not something you can do.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 10:36 am
Esko
Asteroid

he's not talking about this games details. he just said that it strange how you can't say lucy was in first position but you can say the trades made her position better.

you say someone with the most cash + yellow and green upgraded early and the rest of the board except cyan/black upgraded is not in the best position.

then you say the trades better positions. how do you know if it betters the position when you can't tell who is already winning and who needs more property?

either you can tell or you can't. and you are doing both.

sim5 said this

a trade is fair even if it benefit one greatly and the other one less as one can have more bargaining power than others in doing a trade,its all depend on game situation

but at the end no matter what keep 1 thing in mind all trade should benefit both parties in advancing their position in some form or the other

if some1 is 100 % winning and do a trade its not good & get penalized to make things fair for others who are in game

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=42275&highlight=#42275 << here i got punished for doing the same thing and now you tell me its likely that your going to lose while you have green yellow tons of cash an no obstacles/competition and it's ok to give players without upgraded sets 2500 so they survive 5 rounds longer while they land on your green/yellow and still dont have a chance to complete a set?

i'm very confused by this. how is anyone going to beat you when you have green and yellow with at least 3 people running around the board. how could someone possibly get in a better position?

you would need purple fully upgraded + red full + orange brown or black. that investment would kill the one who tried to do that because you would have to pay upgrade costs and pass green and yellow every lap.

'No one is ever guaranteed the winner as the game has a way of turning quickly.'

are you seriously saying she wasn't in first place? because if you do and can't tell me why i don't know what i did wrong that she didn't do and therefore won't pay attention to the forum anymore as you can't explain what i ask, then reduce my points and when another player does it it's ok because you suddenly can't tell who's winning anymore.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:04 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

No i am saying she was not "guaranteed" first place, The trade benefited her by getting the 3 red she could up grade again. The trades were not below value and she ended up getting a set out of the trading. Two players putting themselves in better positions and putting you in a worse position is not cheating.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 11:44 am
Esko
Asteroid

CYN wrote:
No i am saying she was not "guaranteed" first place, The trade benefited her by getting the 3 red she could up grade again. The trades were not below value and she ended up getting a set out of the trading. Two players putting themselves in better positions and putting you in a worse position is not cheating.

so it is ok to be in first place and then buy things you don't need from people who are about to go bankrupt as long as you pay base value?

auctioning full sets for a low amount of cash while only 1 player can buy it is ok?

this is benificial to one going bankrupt and a waste of cash for the one who's winning already. it didn't make her position worse but when i did this i cheated as it turned around the game for the rest while i was first already.

what makes a trade beneficial. the end result or current position? buying 2 properties while someone else has the third is always a risk because you can never tell if you waste your money or improve your position because you are not guaranteed to take the third as people 50% of the time like to block you instead. you also don't know how much you will pay for the third so the price could vary so much that you might go bankrupt instead. would the trade that caused you to go bankrupt be a cheat because it didn't benefit you in the end?

i am not a mod and don't know exactly how things are ruled thats why i ask.

auctioning full sets cheap ruins games. if people can do these things and not get punished that's fine with me but i will do it too and don't tell me i'm cheating when i do because you are telling me i do not understand what a cheat is and what's not.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:43 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Auctioning of one's property cannot be punished. The trade she bought reds making a set bettering her position as she had funds to build and it gave the other player cash to better position instead of going out.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 3:35 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Beating around the bush Reply with quote

I apologize but I am very confused & concerned about this unclear recurring problem/judgement. DID lucy upgrade reds or did she just buy them (via trade) giving cash to the trader and let the reds sit? Which could be ok or bad depending on amount paid, current income & start position.

My main question is: how can you tell if anyone has bettered their position if no one is ever guaranteed a rank?

Sun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Please take this to the general discussion section if you want. I explain things to those involved in the game only. I have asked you imparticular to not post in complaint section unless involved. Please stop

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun May 16, 2010 4:33 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Ok i had another mod also review this game and while some trades werent normal and there were so many trades back and forth.......

Warning to both players to be sure trades benefit BOTH players. If and i am saying IF you trade just to bail someone out from losing this is an unfair act and will be penalized. Please refrain from actions that are questionable in the future.

ITS ALL GOOD