Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 pm
CheezyCrust
Planetoid

Post subject: 3rd white + 2nd red for 1000 Reply with quote

Hello,
4p game
CheezyCrust tomrudy alansugar figz
alan needed money for build his green he had only 700
He sold to tomrudy who have 2 white and 1 red, the 2nd red and the 3rd extractor for only 1000.
I believe it's undervalue.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:05 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

players alive: 4
start money: 115

Trade:
From tomrudy to alansugar
Cash: -1000

Giving 1000
Taking 2nd red and 3rd white

Alansugar owned 3 green no upgrades but already had 700 cash. Plus 1000 - 1700 gives him enough cash to build green to level 3, with start at 115 this is good for him.

tomrudy owned 1 black, 2 white, 1 yellow (other owned by cheezy) tomrudy's cash was cash: 2551 at time of trade. All others cash was low.

The trade is beneficial to both players, but yes does appear to be low value. However base of white and red is 500 each. So the trade does meet base value.

I feel tomrudy was however taking advantage of the fact alansugar would need funds to build green. Therefore attempted to get a lot for his 1000 cash. But with all other players without funds, had he hit 3rd red quickly, this could cause a problem.

Therefore the trade IS not possible to be classed strictly as a cheat. But I do feel tomrudy took advantage here.

I therefore will issue a strong warning, that he should not conduct this kind of significantly lower than standard value trade again. But on this occasion I will not reduce points. However if a similar trade comes to light later, I will issue a point reduction