Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion pay to click ads
      All times are GMT  

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:17 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into the cost of fb ad's last year, and it did seem it could be very costly.

Trouble is with everything, we hit a major stumbling block. Kreso is the owner. For any member or moderator of GM to set up anything involving any kind of ad's be they on GM itself or ad's for GM around the net there is this huge problem. We are not the owner of GM, therefore we can't set up these kind of ad campaigns. This is and always has been the biggest stumbling block.

What GM could use though is copy paste to websites etc banners for GM. Although of course we can't get anything on the main site, we have no power to change it. But a little banner for users to add to their websites, blogs, forums would be nice, if it were possible to create.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

I dont think its that expensive...... only $75 to possibly bring in over 2000 additional hits to the home page and of all those people that make it to the page im sure at least 100 or more will download and play the game.......

thats a lot of new players

what would Kreso do if he found out there is advertising on Facebook? sue for copyright infringement? lol

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 am
theunknownamus

It's a fact that after 7 years, a trademark is obliged to renew their copyright; otherwise, it becomes public domain. My law knowledge is rather rusty but I believe it would then be able for anyone to register the site with their name, or be left in public domain for any editing to be made.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

i think this is right ....... same as i remember from business law class

That means we only have 2 years to go b/c per the website he hasn't renewed the copyright since 2007........ or he forgot to update the website last copyright date

Copyright Kresimir Cosic 2005-2007. All rights reserved.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:32 am
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

opps wrong math i meant 4 more years ........ but then i noticed when you login to the game the copyright was last renewed for the game in 2008 so for the game 5 years and for the site 4 years

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:37 am
theunknownamus

Sad Man, long wait ahead. We could just go along anyway with ads and make alterations to the main site then just hope no one complains. I doubt anyone would. Of course, if anyone did complain, there'd be a big mess. Kreso has said that he wants absolutely nothing to do with GM anymore (quoting Bill here) so I don't think he really cares what happens to GM.
Regardless, the decision is up to whoever has the authority and/or power to put adds on the main page.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 pm
yaaahoooo_2010
Moon

Ok ya I dont even know about adding ads to the main page ...... that would obviously require more access, i wonder if even gareth has admin access to webpage, i doubt?

do you have the post where it says kreso doesnt care what happens with GM anymore

it is possible to do ads on facebook without anyone having 100% conclusive proof who established the ads if no one investigates as far as obtaining access to private computers and tracing cc's, which i think ur right wouldnt happen. obviously it wouldnt be me putting the ads up Razz

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 am
theunknownamus

Lol, just do it at a library or I could at a lab and/or cafe. Cool

There isn't a specific post (to my knowledge) where Kreso said he dosen't care; this was just smalltalk made in lobby. (Hope I'm not spilling any proverbial beans Bill! Wink )

Not sure who can alter the main page either. Sad