Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate Strategy How much would you bid?
      All times are GMT  

How much would you bid?
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Post subject: How much would you bid? Reply with quote

How much would you bid for the 2nd red

Take into consideration:

• It’s a 4p game.
• In the first 7 rounds.
• You auction it (-20%).
• You have bought only the 1st red, for 800.

Post a reply with your answer too.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Reply with quote

Max for me would be 1400 (-20% [280] makes sale price 1120). 3rd my max would be around 1900 if I was opening, 1700 if other had opened.

Total purchasing price along with upgrades in this method is about 6120. 20.4 hits are needed to break even (300 at max teir). Recommended for early in game.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:38 am
HHHfan
Moon

all of your choices are way more than i would ever pay for a second red in my life, unless i was playin 2x2, and even then over a thousand would be pushin it as far as im concerned. then again, im not a big fan of red. Laughing

now, would red be worth more in a 4p game in which you have less money than 2p, bonus is less, AND less money at go..... not to me it wouldnt! Rolling Eyes

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 pm
theunknownamus

Embarassed Well... I suppose my strategy was highly situational. However, every investment requires speculation.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:01 pm
Fort
Planet

HHHfan wrote:
all of your choices are way more than i would ever pay for a second red in my life, unless i was playin 2x2, and even then over a thousand would be pushin it as far as im concerned. then again, im not a big fan of red. Laughing

now, would red be worth more in a 4p game in which you have less money than 2p, bonus is less, AND less money at go..... not to me it wouldnt! Rolling Eyes

Agreed .

I voted for minimum option 1050. Even that would be little more than my wishes Razz

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:18 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Maximum 1050! hmmm. HHHfan and Fort you made me reevaluate my values for the reds, very interesting votes.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

all these polls about how much you would bid imo are pointless simply because -it is a bad strategy to have a set strategy in this game , a good player is one who is able to adapt to the game , the cashflow and understands the opponents by being in their shoes.
( by keeping a keen eye on how they bid and what they are going for , and not judge or underestimate their gameplan )
what is a good price in one game might be a terrible price in another and what is a bad price might be a good one in another, i bet all old timers agree with me here.
Just play the game following your instincts and enjoy , this game will appear a lot more simpler.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:19 am
Nilo911
Moon

I disagree with you. Although I have little experience in this game I have come to a conclusion, most of the properties ,early in the game, have base prices. Here is a simple example: Wouldn't you bid from 1400 to 1550 if someone else opened the first white on his first roll(4p game always) Question Either you have a strategy or not, the price for that prop is the same for everyone.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:29 am
Nilo911
Moon

MATTIE wrote:
it is a bad strategy to have a set strategy in this game

The purpose of the ''How much would you bid'' posts is to understand how much people would bid for the particular prop if they already have bought the first prop of the set. Its not like I'm going to use these prices in order to go straight for the reds in the next game. However, I will know more or less how much to bid up the price of the red if another player is going to for a red set monopoly Wink .

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:46 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

Nilo911 wrote:
MATTIE wrote:
it is a bad strategy to have a set strategy in this game

The purpose of the ''How much would you bid'' posts is to understand how much people would bid for the particular prop if they already have bought the first prop of the set. Its not like I'm going to use these prices in order to go straight for the reds in the next game. However, I will know more or less how much to bid up the price of the red if another player is going to for a red set monopoly Wink .

it does not work that way - say for example four people here vote they would bid till 1000 , so you wont buy a second red for more than 1000 ? even when there is nothing else on the board to go for ? this is just an instance i am showing here . you might be too low in cash and get stuck with the red when someone else is going for it . so every game is different , no set prices work here . i ve seen first white go for 1800, third white go for 900 in the same game .

anyway ,first whites- 1500 is basic , everyone who plays the game , knows it , and everyone has the same cash amount at start 330, some are willing to pay a little extra , some not , so it is pointless to compare both the cards .

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:10 am
jmf81
Planetoid

I think Matt makes good points in his reply and you should take note of the advice.
Now everybody who has played me a bit knows I'm fond of reds Very Happy (major understatement there). I haven't responded to this poll because I don't have a set price I'll pay for any one of them. I always adapt to circumstances of the game and it depends on many of the factors Matt has listed

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:26 am
theunknownamus

I think both points made by Nilo and Matt are vaild. Having a decent idea of what you are willing to pay is great so you buy reasonably. But this should not be the only thing you rely on; it should adapt over time. A price range that can be changed over the course of the game combines both good strategies. Smile

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:20 pm
princeofpersia1992
Ex Moderator

red i go max 1300 if i choose only go fr them the whole game

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

depends what game and how mucgh cash involved, but generally between 1100 and 1300

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:01 pm
lotta1980
Moon