Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints KYE STALLING
      All times are GMT  

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 pm
bezma2

Post subject: KYE STALLING Reply with quote

Players Kye ( lets say that he is a player )
and me as dudo8
it was about 19.45 GM time when he begin with stalling
very anoing and frustrating to see that there are so many players ( Lets say players ) who think they can do whatever they wont ( the one is stalling ) and think they will go with no sanctions . Please , mods , we must stop this kind of players with more ban than 5 days . They enjoy doing this . Thank you .

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 pm
makro
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

i've played kye just now and he wasn't stalling, he apologized fair and square and said that he's having connection problems. he seems like a good guy too. funny as hell.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm
trace567

This makes 2nd stalling complaint on kye. However as makro has posted to say he also played kye who said he was experiencing connection issues this must be taken into account.

Bez I know stalling is annoying, and the reason I set it that bans were only placed after 3 complaints (but still remains moderator discrestion here)/or on clear evidence in chat that they intentionally stalled. Players can, and do experience problems from time to time with:

1) connection issues, possibly their internet provider
2) pc's going wrong - ie freezing up, just generally going wrong causing problems
3) power cuts, and laptop batteries dying
4) answering the door, etc

Nobody likes a persistant staller, but moderators have to bare all of the above in mind also.

Only the other day I could of been reported for stalling, my laptop simply froze I could do nothing but switch it off and reboot. I was losing (almost out), was about to quit the game when the damn thing died. Only the thing is the system has a connection loss timer, therefore the other player is left waiting if this kind of thing happens. This would to a player appear like I was simply stalling as I lost, when the truth was my comp was frozen and I could do nothing.

This is exactly why we can't be too hasty to jump to bans for reported stallers.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 pm
bezma2

So , like I see , people can stall , make jokes with you in the same game ( ours game for example ) and get out of it with no sanctions ??. I know what are the conection problems and what are people who cant take a defeat so easy , so they stall and make jokes in the same time only with hope that we get mad and resign the game .Beleve me ..that is their only reason for doing this . Trace , you see the chat log in game . Did he said to me that he have a connection problems ? He stall 6-7 times in that game . Not a single sorry for his long pouses in the game .
And Makro , Iam glad that you enjoyed your game against him , I didnt . And I beleve that there was many of them who didnt enjoy playing with him and didnt report him for their reasons . When one player ( lets say he is a player ) stall 5-6 time and get out with no sanctions he will do that again , Key was reported 2 times but , I beleve he did this many times before but , for some reasons , the other players didnt report him .

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: 2nd Point Reply with quote

I have to report as well. Though I have no personal quarrel against him/her, I have seen many instances of stalling by Kye.

Also, If you check a conversation by this user to me on Tuesday (1/12/09) around 8:20 GMT, he said he purposely talked a player into timing out. (something about pizza) I can't remember the other player but that player wasn't upset by it.
Although it didn't cause too much harm, this dishonest strategy could SEVERLY disturb and anger other players.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:12 am
trace567

Bez I've had a look at the full days chat log now and for your game it does seem to indicate deliberate stalling. I also noticed a previous game where he almost timed out without mention of connection issues.

I will do a bit more checking tommorow. But like I say it is very difficult on stalling and this is the 2nd report only. For the time being its left at warning 2, unless I find similar unreported in chat logs.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:14 am
trace567

Thanks Josh. I'll do a through check tommorow.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:47 pm
bezma2

Thanks Trace for your time . I want only that we , GM community , do something about this deliberately stalling and do the future games with no stalling at all . We can do that very easy .. We can open one topic with only one name STALLING. In that topic can post all those who had this bad expiriance . All they have to do is :
a) Names who played the game
b) Who was stalling
c) Time when that happend ...

The rest is up to moderators to check the game and put the player who was stalling , in the list for future ban .
In this way we will have all bad players who do this in one single topic . Its easyer for moderators to check how many times and what player did this .
I think its a good for all , and especially for moderators .
One more thing .... after two warnings the ban of 30 days and every stalling after that more 30 days . In that way I dont think that enyone will stall again .

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:22 pm
trace567

Sorry Bez but the big issue is moderators do not have the tools to easily tell the difference from stalling, connection issues etc. This is why bans are only after 3 reports. or if the chat log reveals concrete proof that it was deliberate in order to annoy others.

Back to Kye, I've now checked several days from today going back to the 12th. Now I didn't find anytjhing like your game, but I did find a large number of brb's within games. This seems odd to me that a person needs so many brb's. But unfortunately this doesn't prove deliberate stalling. However my gut feeling here is that he may well be deliberately slowing games down.

I do feel he requires a strong warning though, and will be in line for a ban if this continues.

Sorry I cannot be of more help at the moment. Stalling will always be a very difficult one for moderators. It was me who brought in the 3 strikes as there was at the time no punishment for persistant stallers.
Your suggestion of a stalling thread is a good idea and will be considered, if only as a way to alert other players of those who stall. My only concern is again that the odd person who has a real comp/connection issue on one occasion could end up named and shamed when they are not guilty. It's a tricky one.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:45 pm
trace567

Kye/practise now banned 30 days for opening admitting to stalling games in order to do house hold tasks ie doing the dishes, taking a shower, brushing teeth, doing the ironing!!!!

Was informed repeadily that this was not acceptable, when asked if they would change their ways said no. So therefore banned 30 days to reconsider.

Laughing

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm
Kye
Asteroid

Post subject: Kye responds Reply with quote

Thanks for a wonderful and fun game but I've chosen to uninstall, since this game no longer allows me to do constructive things while I try to multitask. Trace, ur the bomb! Keep up the good work.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:40 pm
trace567

Well you currently have 30 days to consider changing your ways.

I will warn you now if you return after those 30 days and continue the persistant stalling (majorly) within games you will given a maxium ban without question (1000 days).

I spoke to you at length in the lobby, you also saw other players opinions on your persistant stalling with no consideration for them at all!!!!! You couldn't see how unfair this behaviour is to others.

Be grateful this is only a 30 day ban. Because by the looks of chat logs (today asking for a pause for to take a shower in a 2p game) thats just damn right rude, and crazy. So be thankful you have 30 days ban only, but next time its the max ban.

In fact if you persist on not understanding how wrong you are, and how unacceptable your pauses and breaks are mid game, I will simply place the 1000 day ban to save other users the persistant waiting.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am
bezma2

We wont miss you Kye .... You did the wright thing ( unin-stalling the game )........ Now you can do all your constructive work in your home and life ..... But ..... Watch out ... while unin-stalling ...dont stalll ... go fast and furious ... if you can ..hehe...Bye