Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Sorry I quit
      All times are GMT  

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:43 pm
trace567

Post subject: Sorry I quit Reply with quote

Sorry, just can't do this anymore.

I am quitting as of now as a moderator and head mod.

I have put all my heart and soul into this since January. But I just really cannot go on. I have begun to hate GM, and that is not what I want.

I will not log in here on moderator account or the game until such a time that Bill/kreso can remove me from the postion completely.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:19 am
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Those people who are to blame, you know who you are-

As for me, I ain't playing again until somebody apologizes to Trace and things change around here

Later you silly twits

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 am
Jinn
Planetoid

I am sorry to hear you say that Trace.

I hope you reconsider.

Don't let the few bad apples ruin something you enjoy.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

trace, am sorry to hear you have quit but you can be proud of what you have done here...thank you

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 am
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

sorry day for gm indeed Sad
i sincerely ask Trace to reconsider her decision , in my view , she has been among the best mods ever in GM,

GM needs you trace, even if u cant be a mod , i am sure you can work out something to continue to be involved with the game. something taking the bulk of the pressure of you.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:03 pm
toonz
Ex Moderator

Jarae says hi...

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:06 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

This is a classic tale of over moderation/exposure.......... if a moderator is overmoderating they're setting themselves up to get burned or worn out with the game is what it is

there are more then 20 cheats/complaints etc probably a day in the cheat section so to handle all of this with all of the angry players on top of going through and finding all these cheat / problem players is too much esp if the mod duty isn't equal..........plus spending hours upon hours at this game everyday can be easily overwhelming for a non seasoned player/mod..... i can go on steaks of playing like a few hours a day for maybe a month but then have to stop for a few b/c if you're playing to get high points and competing is completely different then just playing for fun

maybe 1/4 of the mod work can be reduced with leaner mod reviews of every detail going on......i dont know really but now there prob will be no choice w/the mod who did the most work departing

such high mod turn over here..... over 100% per year

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:20 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

YAAAHOOOO3 wrote:

there are more then 20 cheats/complaints etc probably a day in the cheat section so to handle all of this with all of the angry players on top of going through and finding all these cheat / problem players is too much esp if the mod duty isn't equal..........plus spending hours upon hours at this game everyday can be easily overwhelming for a non seasoned player/mod..... i can go on steaks of playing like a few hours a day for maybe a month but then have to stop for a few b/c if you're playing to get high points and competing is completely different then just playing for fun

maybe 1/4 of the mod work can be reduced with leaner mod reviews of every detail going on......i dont know really but now there prob will be no choice w/the mod who did the most work departing

such high mod turn over here..... over 100% per year

and then above all she had to deal with u Exclamation

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:40 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

MATTIE wrote:

and then above all she had to deal with u Exclamation

+ ~ 10,000 compaints / cheats and other nonsense

+ hours upon hours each day working at this game

= burn out

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:00 pm
judd
Planet

trace understand your position, take some time out

there will be a void in your absesnce Crying or Very sad

Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:22 am
YAAAHOOOO3

hmm is it possible to see who is online as guests? or guest ip addresses? maybe shes still active but in quandry or overwhelmed and someone can help her w/this........... then she resumes? Idea

I don't know about ya'll but her annoucement seemed really sudden and unexpected at this exact time esp b/c things seemed to be headed the right direction with GM until the game review I guess where GM was given a decent rating but but kinda not so hot comments....i thnk she said in her reply to the game review that even GM admin was dissapointed w/the comments so many this was her tipping point too...... i didn't read thoroughly tho if she sighted a reason in her resignation

i know for a fact tho its possible for mods to come back and mod at later times after they resign and if approved .... i know this b/c i asked once before

damn it i keep replying to the wrong posts then the ones i intend to select... why cant this forum show more clearly which topic ur replying to before u reply to it

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:04 am
trace678
Asteroid

Firstly, Toon say hi back to Jarae and tell her to get back playing Very Happy

Secondly, thank you all for your support.

This is a new account I've made as my other one still has the head mod on it. I haven't left GM, I have only quit the mod role. I don't want to change my mind, in fact the truth is I think I have done the right thing for me.

I know it seemed out of the blue, and in some ways it was. I had been seriously considering quitting 2 weeks ago. I tried to take that week break hoping it would change my mind.

Ultimately it was just one bad day that made me decide for good. I know where I went wrong in many ways, but it is really too late to change it.
I won't say I will never ever return, but for the moment I have no intention to.

I will still be playing, so you can't get rid of me that easily Laughing

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 am
kingfisher
Planetoid

But Why You quit the mod role ?

you are a good Mod then y u decide to quit from mod role?

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:31 am
trace678
Asteroid

For many reasons.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 am
YAAAHOOOO3

sometimes ppl make subconscious decisions they do not know exactly the reason for when trying rationalize it at once....... it could be a grander scheme of things type of decision and prob more important then a simple reason

i would put it all aside then wait 6-8 weeks to adjust to non modship and by the 6-8 weeks ull know if u made the right decision b/c it takes 6-8 weeks to adjust to ne thing new or 1/4 of the time spent at the previous situation

late