Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints serious mistake/cheat moves.
      All times are GMT  

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:19 pm
marlon1
Planetoid

Post subject: serious mistake/cheat moves. Reply with quote

Hello,

I am marlon123(my id) and I played a 3 p game with cheeky_charlie and valter
I had the green set(fully upgraded and one pink) .
the two other pinks were owned by valter. valter also owned two brown
so I sent walter a trade : I wanted the two brown + 1500 in exhange for giving him my pink(which I thought was quite fair)
but by mistake I send the offer with the 1500 on the wrong side.thus,giving him 1500 and the pink in exchange for the 2 brown

Which he promptly accepted.

when charlie asked me about the trade a few secs later I relised that I made a mistake and immediately told valter the same,I send him twice the correction trade but he didn't accept.

throughout the game I asked him to make it fair but he never responded,so I asked charlie to complain and am doing the same now incase he didn't do so.

Eventually,cause of my green,yellow and brow I won the game by luck as he landed much more in my property than me on his.

I will check this complaint regularly,may justice prevail.

Please do look into this matter.

marlon.

Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:51 am
marlon1
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

Am sorry I forgot to post the time,I think the game was at around 20:00 hrs IST,but am not sure cause I don't remember the time too well.

But I would truly appreciate someone looking into this

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:31 pm
sim5
Planet

yes its true it was just a mistake by you which can happen in games
this made the 3rd person cheeky charlie in a losing position
therefore,valter points reduced by 50% as it was a cheat trade which he accepted & he was not ready to reverse it

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:07 am
Eclectico
Planetoid

I know it's not my game, so i apologize for butting in. I am posting because i am concerned about the way the current state of cheating accusations is getting out of hand.

Valter did absolutely nothing wrong. It is marlon's mistake. Valter benefitted much more than marlon, but it is only your opinion that marlon didnt benefit.

In my opinion, any time someone has a dead properties that are not generating income (marlon's pink) and can trade to get something that earns income (browns), they benefit in multiplayer. Marlon's net income went up as a result of the trade. Sure, he made a mistake and gave up way too much to get the brown. But, he still benefitted.

Sim, I can't coun't the number of times, you, myself or some other strong player has gotten the much better end of a trade. If you start using mod powers to judge who got the better end of a trade, you are opening up a HUGE CAN OF WORMS! Do you really want to have to start making judgement calls every time a player decides he didnt like a trade he made?

Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:05 pm
sim5
Planet

after going through the chat logs it was clear that it was just a mistake by marlon which happened bu just pressing the wrong buttons
he wanted 1500 from valter but gave him by mistake because of this
he apologize for his mistake right after trade & wanted to reverse it
players make mistakes while playing as all r human & it can happen with any1 but that doesnt mean it cant get corrected
but in this case valter didnt want to reverse it al all & made used of this trade despite request by other 2 players

this trade was not benefit to marlon as he just made his own position vulnerable in this game by giving pink set along with 1500 for brown
just because if some1 gets brown set doesnt mean he can give anything to others

i took 50% from valter because he himself knew it was a cheat trade which marlon send it by mistake
if some1 know its a cheat trade he should never accept such trades
sometimes people do send by mistakes as in this case or sometimes players dont realise what they r sending so its always better to reject trade if ur sure that its a cheat1

one important thing i want to request you without knowing all the facts & game situation please dont give ur own opinion

No expectations, no disappointments.