nilo911

Cheat trade offers by bybys

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

only cheat offers were from you and wind_blow

i am gonna have to give just a warning for them though,

nilo911 for offering second yellow below base price at start 100 .

wind_blow for offering 200 for his last white ( what were you thinking ? )

bybys offered you your last black for trades ranging from 1400 to 1600 , i dont see anything wrong with it ,and u did yield to it in the end.

nilo911 , i am letting go of this cheat offer as it is the only one in your game, please be more careful in future. if your opponent is low in cash, doesnt mean, you can give it for whatever cash they got . esp at start 100.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:11 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Next time I will provide specific information when I report.Im 100% sure there was a cheat trade offer, but since I cant remember the price.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 pm
sim5
Planet

Post subject: sending cheat offer doesnt mean a cheat Reply with quote

sim5 wrote:
Before making a call on cheat trades please make sure
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

so trade can be done which benefit to both or one take a risk in hopes of being benefited later
people should not jump & make a call that such & such a trade is cheat because of value or its too early or late
trades cant be judge just by value or swapping of cards its all depend on situation of the game

about sending cheat trade offers as trace said before making complaint or accusing some1 please ask that person to stop sending if u feel annoyed
if he/she keeps on sending deliberately such offers despite warning by u only then complaint
just because some1 send 1 or 2 cheat offers doesnt make much as u can use reject button thats why it has been put by kreso
so just play relax & have fun

cheers Cool

please read before making a complaint about cheat trade offers

No expectations, no disappointments.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:02 am
HHHfan
Moon

Post subject: Re: sending cheat offer doesnt mean a cheat Reply with quote

sim5 wrote:
sim5 wrote:
Before making a call on cheat trades please make sure
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

so trade can be done which benefit to both or one take a risk in hopes of being benefited later
people should not jump & make a call that such & such a trade is cheat because of value or its too early or late
trades cant be judge just by value or swapping of cards its all depend on situation of the game

about sending cheat trade offers as trace said before making complaint or accusing some1 please ask that person to stop sending if u feel annoyed
if he/she keeps on sending deliberately such offers despite warning by u only then complaint
just because some1 send 1 or 2 cheat offers doesnt make much as u can use reject button thats why it has been put by kreso
so just play relax & have fun

cheers Cool

please read before making a complaint about cheat trade offers
can i refer everyone to b. in this post. why if it is cheating not to bid up an auction despite it being obviously disadvantageous, is it legal to auction off someones third property, then let it go too low. it is exactly what u just posted was cheating. if u say read this post before u complain, then someone complains about what u just said is a cheat, is it not a cheat? i dont understad. its kinda deceptive. the person who auctioned it off, is the only person who stands to gain anything by bidding it up, therefore, according to this, if he doesnt, its a cheat.

u should please change the rule offically, or abide by it. im playin now, so i should have a say, even tho some think my opinion doesnt matter, this is very obviously wrong, and should be changed one way or the other. how can u say its legal, and post kresos rules stating its illegal?

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:13 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: hard to distinguish Reply with quote

i see your point here i really do. Here is my take on it. You may open any property you wish and you are not obligated to bid on it. I think what sim was trying to say is that if you are losing and you open a property that gives someone else a set that will lower your rank in the finish it is not right. But how he could distinguish this when someone may be making a risk judgment that it may take out other players first, therefore increasing his rank.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:09 am
HHHfan
Moon

im really glad someone sees this finally. this is the second time i saw the same thing posted in a short time. trace posted the exact same thing and said they were kresos rules.

cyn, i read ur take and can see kinda where u come from, not sure i see it the same. the way it is written seems pretty cut and dry. i would give u that there is no rule against auctioning off someone elses property, but there does seem to be a rule against not bidding it up if it is obviously advantageous to do so, and if u auction it, it is to your advantage on a number of levels to bid it up, or even take it, altho not so much to everyone else, as it is only giving someone else money. but if the person auctions it, and lets it go for too low, it gives him no advantage, they get little money for it, plus someone else gets a monopoly to take money from them, making it not to his advantage not to bid once they auction it, in fact, id say its a direct disadvantage, and cooperative play, exactly what the rule was made to keep from happening.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:38 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Two sides to every coin Reply with quote

Unfortunately, there is no absolute way to determine why or for what reason a person opens an auction. It’s a risk everyone has to take when playing a multiplayer game. The opener may have wanted commission, made a stupid mistake, or actually tried to help another player, but no one’s a mind reader. All you can do is participate in the games you are willing to play and hope everyone plays well too.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:50 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

marlon 1 reported

Quote:
it was a 4p at 945(approx) IST
player: marlon123(me),tomrudy,onemore and one more person(forgot his name)
tomrudy opened a blue having 4000+ cahs ,one more had only 500 cash
he gave one more fro 700
therefor one more got a set for 700 and the economy was +200

Quote:

letting 3rd blue go for 700 with 200 still at start would not be to anyone advantage ...too o cheap and too early in game

i agree with you HHHfan the rules for this game get more and more distorted every day

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:55 am
sim5
Planet

aussie wrote:

letting 3rd blue go for 700 with 200 still at start would not be to anyone advantage ...too o cheap and too early in game

i agree with you HHHfan the rules for this game get more and more distorted every day

helen without knowing anything about the game situation there is no need for u to jump & to make ur own judgement

about the trade rule this is a basic rule which was made by kreso
it means u can open any card & if u want to bid or not its ur own call
sometimes people open cards to get 20 % or to kill others to improve his/her rank which is fair enough
just make sure if u dont bid after opening card even if its disadvantage to u giving other person cheap or u know ur almost out can ruin others game hence can be classified as a cheat move

No expectations, no disappointments.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:57 pm
HHHfan
Moon

so basically, what your saying is that rule b, is an unenforceable rule, but its a rule? so anyone can open anyones third property and let it go for whatever they want in spite of a rule stating the exact opposite? you are stubborn i give u that. you can post this rule, quote this rule, tell people to read this rule, and then not enforce the rule....ever. not once have i seen anyone concede that it is illegal, but you will post rules stating that it is. im confused, and im sure others are too, so, is it a rule or isnt it. looks to me like kreso intended for people NOT to be able to pull that crap, but you let it go on anyway, and ignore the rule, even if u post it yourself, extraordinary. i guess ill stick to 2p, since multiplayer is going to continue to be corrupted, and the rules are not going to be enforced as they are written. why post rules that you are not going to ever enforce, its counterproductive, you should pry take them off the website altogether and change it to where its not cooperative play or cheating, instead of keeping the rules that say it is, and then not enforce them, ITS WRONG!

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:18 pm
trace567

You can gripe about it all you like, but the fact is Mods will never rule on this. It is aimed as a guideline for players, when to report, how to spot something untoward going on so that they can report if they feel they could be being teamed on.
Mods are then able to make various checks to find out if any teaming may have occurred.

There is no way to stop players auctioning whatever property they like, when they like. Nor is it feasible to attempt to figure out if they didn't bid in order to help another, or if it was part of their game plan.

So it doesn't matter how much you moan on about it, this rule is there only as a guide for players when to spot co-operative play not to be enforced without further checks being made to confirm team play.

So be great if people could put this to bed now, you will not win your fight on this I promise you. So you are simply wasting everyone's time in continuing it.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 pm
HHHfan
Moon

then, its a rule you wont enforce by your own admission. how corrupt is that? y post these rules? if u spot team play, but u wont rule on it cause it was an auction? THERE IS A RULE ABOUT IT!! it is ironic as u are one who posted it and told people to read it, and now say ull never enforce it. its a bunch of crap is what it is. so, if u spot team play, report it, and we will do nothing about it, is what your saying? come on! you are only making yourselves look bad. you cant have it both ways. im wasting my time, fine, but you people are trying to have it both ways here. your saying its a rule, and you wont enforce it? im trying to be nice, you people posted these rules yourselves. can u get kreso to rewrite them? i bet not!! he made the rule for a reason, and you as mods, ignore it!

u cant fool me. i scored the highest score ever in reading comprehension in the college im going to go to, and they said they never saw a score that high, and didnt know it was even possible, i think i can comprehend one or two lines of text, when i was comprehending pages and pages almost flawlessly. you guys are being needlessly stubborn. you post the rules, then come on, and say that you wont enforce them, if u cant enforce the rules, y are you moderators?? better yet, if not that, y do u post the rules as a guideline, then not enforce them as they are written? you are only making yourselves look bad to anyone with even so much as a high school education, and u cant turn this around on me, im right and your wrong. i grant you u can thumb your noses, and say we dont have to enforce these rules, but anyone with a brain knows you are in the wrong here, and all the putting me down in the world isnt going to change that fact.

its real simple, its either a rule, or it isnt. if it is, it should be enforced as such, if it isnt, it should be rewritten, and certainly not referred to as a guideline, if u cant use it as a guideline, cause u say it will never be enforced, HOW CAN U CALL IT A GUIDELINE? if you turn someone in for it, youll just be ridiculed and say your wasting time. there may be no rule against putting a property up for auction, but atm, there is a rule against not bidding it up, that nobody will enforce, but youll post it and have people read it. maybe your that drunk with your own power that you feel u can post these rules, then not go by them?? i dont know what ur reasoning is, maybe someone could clear it up, in terms people can understand, and not just cause we can do what we want, which is the basic response so far.