Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints On the ever changing rules
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which trade is worse? Or even a cheat ? Two Blues cheap for credit, or two purples cheap for upgrade?
Two blues for 400. At -200 EC, credit is more important than income?
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Two purples (making the set)for 1000. Making a set of purples is almost as good as making greens, and they are a LOT cheaper to upgrade
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:57 pm
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: On the ever changing rules Reply with quote

Look. I didn't want it to come to this. But the alternative is I see bad trades being made, and these ruin the game

So the question is- if the purple trade is ruled "good" then the "blue one" should be as well, as they both met the same requirements according to the "rules"

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:26 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Need more details Reply with quote

The purple trade is too vague. What time (level start was at) was it when pruple trade was made? How much cash did each have at time of trade? Did this trade even happen in this game? Confused

Also, nilo (I know he's ignorant) made a very bad trade on his behalf. Despite getting money for greens he could have easily asked for 800 but he didn't. It appears nilo was making a nice gesture like bots did for me. Idea

Imo, both trades are very bad.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 pm
HHHfan
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

well, look, 1000 for 2 pink is 300 a piece, for a total of 600 below base value, and and easy upgrade. 2 dark blue for 400 is 200 a piece for a total of 400 below base value, and a tough upgrade. IF the pink trade was legal, so should have been the dark blue. personally, i think they are both bad, but if one was good, so should be the other, or if one was bad, so should be the other. or, what bout that real dandy 3 greens for 3 oranges and a grand deal, nothing like giving someone green and upgrades for orange. to me that was a cheat too, but i suppose it all depends on who makes said trades. personally, ill stick to playing once a month or so, if that, and 2p so there is no question about anything. Rolling Eyes

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:40 pm
Yiles
Moon

Both trades were made at around -200 or so EC.

The difference is, that the purple one was made for income, the other one was strictly for credit.

I don't expect you to understand, but while both trades were made according to the same "rules" the one for purples was worse- just for the fact that getting purples is a huge advantage

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:52 pm
HHHfan
Moon

i voted 2 purple, mainly cause of upgrade ease. i still say, both trades were bad, but purple was for 600 below base value, as opposed to the 400 below of the blue. my guess is if u had made that trade with someone else, it would have been legal.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm
theunknownamus

Ok, i do think the 2 purple/pinks are worse. HOWEVER, so was the blue trade. It doesn't matter which was worse, both were bad regardless of start time. Exclamation

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:33 pm
sim5
Planet

you can not compare the two trade without full facts of the game

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:35 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

if i was in the game and 2 pinks were traded so cheap and the person had cash to upgrade i would be livid ...same as dblue...i would be so po about both these trades

pink trade had the potenetial to have the greater impact on the game

so is imo just as shony as dblue trade

its illogical to call one a cheat trade and the other good

..dont get much for 2 cents these days

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:40 pm
trace567

The poll questions should be which trade is a cheat trade by kreso's rules.

Players should be given full facts of those games before voting. Who owned what, what stage was the game at, what cash and property did all players own etc etc.

Until full details are provided and the poll questions actually relevant to kreso's rules, this poll is of no use.

Please make the poll fair by giving FULL details and making the questions applicable to the actual rules of GM.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:59 pm
Beretta
Ex Moderator

i was livid and quit the game as a result

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:04 pm
HHHfan
Moon

circumstances shouldnt make a difference. below base value is below base value, and the purple trade was 600 below with easy upgrades, and dark blue was 400 below with nearly impossible upgrades. a cheat should be a cheat, otherwise, it is impossible for people to know what and how to trade, but it is likely mainly EXACTLY what ive been thinkin, it all depends on who makes the trade, not so much what trade is made. A CHEAT IS A CHEAT, REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:13 pm
sim5
Planet

trace567 wrote:
The poll questions should be which trade is a cheat trade by kreso's rules.

Players should be given full facts of those games before voting. Who owned what, what stage was the game at, what cash and property did all players own etc etc.

Until full details are provided and the poll questions actually relevant to kreso's rules, this poll is of no use.

Please make the poll fair by giving FULL details and making the questions applicable to the actual rules of GM.

please read this & still if u want to post without knowing the facts then u just wasting ur time

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:27 pm
HHHfan
Moon

if circumstances determine a fair trade, then lay it out. what constitutes 2 purple for 600 below base value as a legal trade, but 2 dark blues for 200 below base value a cheat? or better yet, give a list of circumstances in which cheat trades are legal, so everybody knows what they can, and cant do.

wouldnt it just be easier to say a cheat is a cheat and if u cant afford to make a legal trade, then u cant trade. i mean u guys keep going on and on about how "circumstances"determine fairness of trades, but thats a little unfair, if only the mods know the "circumstances". soo,if its so cut and dry to you guys, why not clear the air for everyone else? can u? im sure EVERYONE wether they like me or hate me, would love to see that list of "circumstances".

i wanna go somewhere else with this, but no need. i already did. looks pretty cut and dry to me what it is all about, but i do hope to be proven wrong. mods, i challenge you to make the list of circumstances that turns an otherwise illegal trade, into a legal one, but for someone else, it is illegal. lets see these circumstances!

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: You are wasting your time Reply with quote

You are wasting your time here, but if thats what you choose to do, go for it.

First of all, two mods (one being head mod/admin) have ruled on it so it is a closed complaint and will not be changed.

Second of all, I do believe the head mod/admin made a post stating if you are not involved in the game that the complaint was posted about then you shouldnt get involved as you do not know all the facts.

HHHfan i do not know why you continually come in and state things the way you do, for you to say it doesnt matter what the circumstances were is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen you post.

You all need to worry about the games that you are involved in not others. Especially since you complain and argue enough as it is.

AND for those who dont like it as Bill stated you are free to not play here. PLEASE

Wake up, you can whine and complain all you want, the mods make their decision based on all information available, which you do not have access to and what they rule will stand especially when the head mod and only admin around is involved.

But like i said if you have nothing better to do than beat your head against the wall then go for it and ....... nevermind i will just click off your comments now and count them as BLAH BLAH BLAH, cuz that is all it means to anyone when you constantly whine and complain AFTER a ruling.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:13 pm
HHHfan
Moon

thats typical cyn. thats all u got. i ask for a logical list of circumstances for cheat trades to be legal, and all u got is a personal attack. shows what you actually got. bla bla bla indeed. put me down all u want, u cant hurt me. and your right im wasteing my time cause it will ALWAYS depend on who makes certain trades if they are legal or not.

i can see clearly throught the muck u rake over it. attack me all u want online, its all u got. i would give u my phone number and u could call and explain to my face what constitutes a cheat trade being legal, or attack me, but most of the people like u could do no such thing, so i understand u need to feel tough. anyhow, my last post still stands, lets see a list of circustances in which cheat trades are legal, it would help everyone out, but i know your goal isnt to help everyone out, and u prove it again.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next