Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion THIS GAME SUCKS!!!
      All times are GMT  

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes luck, or bad luck does swing a game. But also you should remember that here we do not know what the cash levels of each person was. If you spend all cash to get lots and build and so just as ec hits or after you may have no cash or little. Then one bad round or 2 of few or no hits for you (ie jail or something) can throw you into a problem of going negative fast. Another bad lap round and disaster can happen.

I'm not saying this was the case, as I have no idea of cash or when someone got what sets. Just saying sometimes buying lots is actually not the better option to win.

Like trish said about getting a set early, this may seem to be good luck...but how often in 2p getting the first expensive ish set ( red, pink, green) actually is good. Because when you buy early the price is pushed, you then build too...leaving short of reserves. Whilst building also going lower on cash. Thus creating a open playground for the other person to get themselves some stuff cheap, even a set. I personally don't like to own a expensive set first.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm
HHHfan
Moon

how the heck do u explain what just happened to me, dark blue and white, just beat.... brown, light blue, red, and black!!

now, earlier to start this horrible streak, i got green 3 white, black, and brown, and lost to red and yellow!! those 2 stand out in this horrible day!

you and i agree to a point, i do seem to win more than i lose, however, these examples are very real, and if you can get the into these 2 situations, you should win handily, not lose, all things being equal! i suppose it goes into the this game has a mind of its own column, but still, you dont get into much better situations than these 2.... and i lost both games! i cant explain it other than... complete bs lol! i dont know how to put myself into a better situation than these i guess, i didnt know it was possible, i guess i strive for yellow and red and let my opponent have everything else, and i win?? absurd lol!

ill no doubt play again, but these results are beyond discouraging, basically, u can win, and do everything right, and still lose if the game says so!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 pm
trace567

There's 2 sayings that spring to mind when luck is pants!

First - Thats life
second - (slightly rude word) happens

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:59 pm
trish97206
Moon

LMAO

ive been playing this game so long, i realize if you don't really care if you win or lose (THOUGH FINALLY BEING RANKED 13 AFTER 3 YEARS IS AN AWESOME FEELING! AND A YEAR AGO 120K WAS THE #1 RANK LOL) the game is a lot funner. i love gm for all its craziness. If one way's not working for you, try another. Then try another for another game.

then if you just wanna pull your hair out cuz you got bad luck for a whole day, take a break for like a coupla days. Get some rest. Play some games with some good players and see what they are doing that is working for them and corporate some of their strategies into yours.

THEN WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE IT AT ALL NO MORE,

bust out the old boring monopoly board and invite some friends over and play that. There you can buy whatever you want and ec never comes. Can't blame the dice rolls on there.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm
HHHfan
Moon

heres another dandy.... brown, with 4 upgrades, just beat 3 white and 3 black before recession, when the game says lose, u lose lol, there is no other explaination for that! forget before recession, try before +200

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:42 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

trish97206 wrote:
LMAO

ive been playing this game so long, i realize if you don't really care if you win or lose (THOUGH FINALLY BEING RANKED 13 AFTER 3 YEARS IS AN AWESOME FEELING! AND A YEAR AGO 120K WAS THE #1 RANK LOL) the game is a lot funner. i love gm for all its craziness. If one way's not working for you, try another. Then try another for another game.

then if you just wanna pull your hair out cuz you got bad luck for a whole day, take a break for like a coupla days. Get some rest. Play some games with some good players and see what they are doing that is working for them and corporate some of their strategies into yours.

THEN WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE IT AT ALL NO MORE,

bust out the old boring monopoly board and invite some friends over and play that. There you can buy whatever you want and ec never comes. Can't blame the dice rolls on there.

well said trish