Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion THIS GAME SUCKS!!!
      All times are GMT  

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:04 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Post subject: THIS GAME SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

in my last 5 games...........every lap i have gone to prison........the game gives time to my opponet to set up.... and at the same time robbing me of an income thus effectively killing me off

i hate how this game gives all to one player and shuts the other completely out

if game decided you arent the "chosen one" you are dead regardless of what you own

Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:24 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that it is that bad. But yes luck factor is extremely annoying.

But I don't really think this is fair to have such a negative post. At the end of the day, we all choose to play here. We all know that there is major limitation of any change by Kreso.

So really its up to each person if they want to play this game if it angers them so much. I think we have all been there at some stage where it goes so bad we think "to hell with it". But at the end of the day, this is what we have here to offer, and its a choice whether to take it or leave it.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:01 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

and if you disagree then disagree no need to read the riot act to me

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:05 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

helen, please reduce your level of anger

it doesnt look good to newcomers, and to the experianced players, they see you just losing your temper once again.,

trace has tried to talk to you not read the riot act,
it is a simple point, the game is free, it is what it is, and if not like by however many , there is always a ''delete'' but when highlighting the game on desktop,

or if anyone wants a more in-depth explanation in how to delete the game fully from their hard-drive they can feel free to pm me and i will help them.

im sick to death of seeing so many players whinging and moaning about the games luck factor,

let me remind you all>>>>>>>>>>>

IT IS A FREE GAME IN WHICH EVERYONE HAS THE SAME LEVEL OF LUCK AT THE BEGINNING, BY CLICKING ''JOIN'' YOU ARE COMMITIING TO THE LEVEL OF LUCK ROULETTE BASED IN THIS GAME NOWADAYS

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:48 am
sim5
Planet

I have noticed some players are not happy sometimes with the outcome from this game.
Some players often feel they were in better position in a particular game & should have won easily but the end result show they have end up on a losing side. Sad

According to me most naturally occurring situations, success depends on both skill and luck.
Luck is just as important as skill in life.

What you'll find is that much of winning in this game, after you've learned much of the strategy, comes down to a battle with yourself.
This is why most players end up losing. They may know what a good strategy is, but implementing it is something completely different.
I am sure - "right strategy can reduce the risk and increase the winning probability...

But at the same time, I understand that winning more & more games isn't purely a question of skill; it requires some luck, too.
What is important to remember is that good players can create their own luck.
For example, you can create good rolls for yourself and less for opponent simply by taking more oppertunity with some thoughts & risks and putting yourself in better positions on the board.
Having a maximum amount of knowledge about the game and particular strategies that can be played out helps go a long way in determining your own luck in this game .
Sometimes people feel so unlucky while playing but if they do not lose their hopes and beliefs,they can be successful

This game is different from other online monopoly games because the throwing of the dice is the only random element in the process.
However, the skill factor comes in when you need to decide how to move and react to the numbers on those dice.
When we look at all the facts, we can safely say that in this game u need combine elements of skill and luck .

To be honest i dont really believe in luck as such apart from the fact of wishing someone good luck as a nice gesture in game. Wink
I believe in postive actions & skill,as luck will let u down more often than skills.
By relying on luck,ur leaving things to chance,but with better skills you are increasing the chance of you getting the outcome u want.

To achieve success In this game,luck is an important factor but it is not the vital ingredient. Idea

just try to enjoy ur games Razz

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 am
judd
Planet

superb response sim

I personally believe you make your own luck in life

stay lucky and happy

Cool

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:04 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

sim could say the moon is made of cheese and you would believe him judd

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm
theunknownamus

I just went through a 4 player game, got almost 5000 cash, managed to get 2 greens cheap both for about 1100ish only to never again land on the 3rd. Still lost with all 4 blacks too.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Quote:
For example, you can create good rolls for yourself and less for opponent simply by taking more oppertunity with some thoughts & risks and putting yourself in better positions on the board.
Having a maximum amount of knowledge about the game and particular strategies that can be played out helps go a long way in determining your own luck in this game

well you tell me how it is that you can have green and red and 4 black and 2 white and still lose?

oh yeah thats right sim you said said you need skill too

when you roll into prison every lap what do you call that sim??

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:53 pm
HHHfan
Moon

Aussie, we finally see eye to eye after all this time. i believe this game is all luck as well, skill has little to do with it. just the other day i played a 2p game, i had yellow, light blue, 3 white, AND 4 black. my opponent had pink, or purple whichever color its supposed to be lol. i came a couple rolls from losing that game and it shouldnt have even been close. that is only one example. others include people spending 3/4 game in the hole bidding like idiots, and still come out winning. that happens a lot.

in fact, i cant really remember playing a game, win or lose, that i didnt feel like the only thing that influenced the outcome was the roll of dice, not any paticular action either i, or my opponent did. for example, what good is green, if nobody ever hits em. i lost with green to a guy with orange and brown once, i had another set, cant remember what, but i couldnt forget losing with green against the slums, orange and brown. Rolling Eyes

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm
sim5
Planet

aussie wrote:

when you roll into prison every lap what do you call that sim??

just look for a good lawyer Rolling Eyes

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:37 pm
HHHfan
Moon

heres another real good example, o man im so mad, i just played a game with this joker who put himself about -1500 buying third red. he stayed in the hole, as he should have, as i had brown and yellow, and 3 blacks, till about 100 on the start. then, he comes out of the hole, and by some mirical gets red upgraded at almost ec, then wins, complete bs. i remember why i hate this game so much now, i thought maybe it was all in my head, but this person had no business winning, or even coming out of the hole. proof positive that u can be an idiot, and still win this game, no skill needed!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:26 am
HHHfan
Moon

seems like theres always one more for the this game sucks thread. how the heck do u explain what just happened to me, dark blue and white, just beat.... brown, light blue, red, and black!!

now, earlier to start this horrible streak, i got green 3 white, black, and brown, and lost to red and yellow!! those 2 stand out in this horrible day!

i dont know, close my eyes and click?? let my dog play?? let my cat play?? 2 year old niece play?? it doesnt matter what u get in the game, as long as the dice roll a certain way, u lose! sometimes i just wanna........ never mind! Mad

Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 pm
Nilo911
Moon

Quote:
i dont know, close my eyes and click?? let my dog play?? let my cat play?? 2 year old niece play?? it doesnt matter what u get in the game, as long as the dice roll a certain way, u lose! sometimes i just wanna........ never mind! Mad

Take the game in moderation, its suppose to be fun.Remember the good times and forget the bad ones Smile

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:07 pm
trish97206
Moon

Well theres a luck factor. some games its for you, i've had games where i was like wow i got that fast. or games where you take forever to land on your props. It will go both ways.

sim, PERFECT answer. i been encountering alot of players whining that dice rolls are against them lately.

the people who are mad that people can make it out of -1500 ,, etc.. need to realize that there are 11-20 bonuses a game. unless you are making them -2000 with 2200 cash with 50 start money, don't just hope they will stay broke forever. most people might go broke for something, knowing a bonus will come.

sometimes we play noobs and they win, because they can get out of debt like hhhfan said. NO skill required. The thing with that is, in a game, i am usually the dominant bidder. If I bid something.. and i choose to give to my opponent.. and he chooses to go negative for it but thne a bonus takes him out of it, adn then later on i bid more stuff... that means that I GAVE him those properties instead of buying myself, right? so basically, some games, if you give too much, the noobs or other player doesn't ahve to have skill... you gave them the properties they needed to stay in the game and taht tends to be the blacks/whites.

I wina lot of games in 2p.. i do lose some based on me giving away a proeprty too soon or making dumb mistakes. i oftentimes let the opponent get 4 whites, even if it is to break them. I should know, 4 whites is lethal... hit after hit after hit... That's not luck.. it's common knowledge.

now the games where a player has greens vs teh slum properties and it seems it should be a easy win, but then you end up losing and your like, wtf!!!??.. well.. we all know the game has a odd personality. It only wants to have about 30-40 minute 2 player games. the recession money goes lower, and you start getting doubles after doubles after recession so the game can end faster. I THINK ITS A SKILL to know the possibilities that may happen in the game.

I just try to get the better properties hopefully at a better deal than my opponent had to pay, and the money i save go buy another property so my properties combined are better than oppoent.. but our cash will be about the same. That's my main thing, everyone knows, trying to get a deal:) some games i lose based on the hilarious antics of the game, but i can still win a lot.

i can't just be one of the most luckiest people in here can i? David didn't get his 300,000 points by being the most luckiest. There is skill involved, its a skill to win more than lose.

PS i only writing to this because i recently encountered people cursing me out for ''having better luck'' which is rude and offensive to me because i actually believe I come into a game having good strategies that I sat there and planned. Plan A,B,C and D. I can roll with the punches. (most of times) I have some strategies (once i can figure out exactly how i do it) where you will sit there and get all your properties stolen from me dirt cheap. I consider this game a mixture of monopoly, poker, and chess. be 5 steps ahead or more. I can get good luck sometimes but so does everyone in the game. OR ELSE, WHY WOULD YOU EVER LAND ON UR THIRD PROP TO GET YOUR MONOPOLIES? it may take awhile, but you will majority of the time.

anywho.. I still love the game. Sim, Great answer i will send them to this page the next time someone gripes the dice are all against them and skill had nothing to do with me winining my game