Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Repeated sending of cheat trade offers
      All times are GMT  

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 am
trace567

Post subject: Repeated sending of cheat trade offers Reply with quote

Ok, there is to be a small change, or maybe rather clarification on where moderators stand on ruling of cheat trade or bad trade “offers”.

This subject was raised before. Now as much as in my mind the sending of a clearly bad/cheat trade is not acceptable. Over time I believe maybe this has become too much of a issue.

I totally understand that receiving cheat trade offers, or bad trade offers is annoying. In this I ask all players to please state in the chat something like “please can you stop sending me offers like that”. If they continue to literally flood you with insane offers then by all means report this.

If a player is found to persistently flood games with cheat trade offers then I feel on these occasions action should be taken. This kind of trading is both annoying and a potential hazard of someone accepting by accident. Therefore these players will receive bans. First starting at 5 days, then 10, 15, 30.

Please note, this is for the persistent sending of cheat trades offers after request to stop. All other trade offers will only be raised as warning to be more careful and will no longer result in penalty. Previous penalties I may have made were based on the thinking that it would help stop over all cheat trading. I think this maybe has just caused issues instead of being helpful. So my apologies for this.

Accepted cheat trades will continue to be treated as usual with point reductions and ban if necessary.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:27 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Yet another Can of Worms... Reply with quote

Cool, but could a post (or post further here) describe the condition of "gray trades"? I would like this to be settled as I think it didn't get an answer. Are they allowed or must it be clearly beneficial to both or can one take a risk in hopes of being benefited later or what? Confused

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:35 am
sim5
Planet

Post subject: Re: Yet another Can of Worms... Reply with quote

Before making a call on cheat trades please make sure
Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

Here "advantageous" means increasing the chance to get better rank at the end of the game. Trades conducted in 3+ player games must be advantageous to both parties involved in trade.

so trade can be done which benefit to both or one take a risk in hopes of being benefited later
people should not jump & make a call that such & such a trade is cheat because of value or its too early or late
trades cant be judge just by value or swapping of cards its all depend on situation of the game

about sending cheat trade offers as trace said before making complaint or accusing some1 please ask that person to stop sending if u feel annoyed
if he/she keeps on sending deliberately such offers despite warning by u only then complaint
just because some1 send 1 or 2 cheat offers doesnt make much as u can use reject button thats why it has been put by kreso
so just play relax & have fun

cheers Cool

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:17 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey area trades/borderline trades basically means a trade that is not 100% clear of being either a cheat trade or a acceptable trade.

This usually would mean that the player receives some benefit, but the "advancing" component is either missing, or not very apparent.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:01 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: EXCELLENT! Reply with quote

Those are some very detailed and thorough explanations. Thanks! Very Happy

Now, could some specific guidelines be set for when to report a cheat trade? Some have been stated here but I believe should be put in black and white.

For Example,

1) Report a cheat trade when you are flooded by offers. Don't if you are offered once or twice. In that event, explain it's improperness to the offerer and why he/she offered it. The player could be new or have made a mistake.

2) If you see a trade made where it's beneficial to one player but not the other, first ask to reverse. If they don't comply report them. If the offeree asks to be reversed but the offerer doesn't comply, simply report the offerer.

Any more guidelines are welcome.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:06 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh, please read my post again. This thread is relating to "OFFERS" not accepted trades.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:35 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Re: EXCELLENT! Reply with quote

theunknownamus wrote:

2) If you see a trade made where it's beneficial to one player but not the other, first ask to reverse. If they don't comply report them. If the offeree asks to be reversed but the offerer doesn't comply, simply report the offerer.

Josh did you mean "reverse" the trade or "cancel" the offer?

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:44 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Worded it wrong Reply with quote

OOOHH. I see now, Trace.

Whoops. CANON, I meant if you are playing a game (3/4/5 player) and you see a bad trade made, kindly ask the [i]players[i] to reverse the trade.