Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints please mods look into this game
      All times are GMT  

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:17 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

well

this whole thing has been blown out of proportion, what is this place?

a soap opera?

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:20 pm
Yiles
Moon

Judd, just stop-

You don't know the first thing about "soap"... you filthy animal

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: OK Here goes Reply with quote

ok here goes, no matter which way i state my opinion in this it wont please one or the other, so i am just going to put it as short as possible of how i view all of this.
While the first trade was as Trace put it in the "gray area" it was beneficial to both players therefore making it "legal" was it a good choice, maybe maybe not, we all know that sim takes chances on trades and imo they are much less borderline than they use to be.
The second trade i would have made myself.
As for opening the pink, anyone that has ever played me knows i open lots of properties that others wish i hadnt. Its the name of the game when you play multiple player games. Flat out teaming is not allowed, bettering you position by hopefully taking others out is allowed. Everyone has their style of play and it may or may not be understood by others.
Playing multiple player you risk the others making trades that completely muck up the game for you but thats how it goes.
Sorry i know this isnt going to be agreeable to you Helen but it is how i see it and you and i have butted heads many times of different type of play. My only suggestion is to not play in multiple player with those you consider their technique or strategy irritating.
Please lets all move on from this and let it go.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Re: OK Here goes Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
ok here goes, no matter which way i state my opinion in this it wont please one or the other, so i am just going to put it as short as possible of how i view all of this.
While the first trade was as Trace put it in the "gray area" it was beneficial to both players therefore making it "legal" was it a good choice, maybe maybe not, we all know that sim takes chances on trades and imo they are much less borderline than they use to be.
The second trade i would have made myself.
As for opening the pink, anyone that has ever played me knows i open lots of properties that others wish i hadnt. Its the name of the game when you play multiple player games. Flat out teaming is not allowed, bettering you position by hopefully taking others out is allowed. Everyone has their style of play and it may or may not be understood by others.
Playing multiple player you risk the others making trades that completely muck up the game for you but thats how it goes.
Sorry i know this isnt going to be agreeable to you Helen but it is how i see it and you and i have butted heads many times of different type of play. My only suggestion is to not play in multiple player with those you consider their technique or strategy irritating.
Please lets all move on from this and let it go.

bang on

cyn, i stnd back

kudos

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:28 pm
trace567

I wouldn't get the party poppers out just yet Ju.

Besides, I have never questioned why you took the trade. I have only questioned the fact it on the senders side, is not imo a sensible trade. But an extremely risky trade. That only worked because others traded with him later. Trades of which can never be relied upon.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 pm
judd
Planet

trace567 wrote:
I wouldn't get the party poppers out just yet Ju.

no need 4 party popers

your second opinion was answered

if you are going to over ride it, be professional

dont ask for a second opinion

then treat it as nothing and contradict cyn

who you called on, btw

no dig trace, but this has gone way 2 far

helen, free yur soul, love is good

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 pm
trace567

Have I over ridded her's? Has she over-rided mine?

NO.

Read again my post the first one.

We now discuss privately her view and mine.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 pm
judd
Planet

judd wrote:
well

this whole thing has been blown out of proportion, what is this place?

a soap opera?

yup

Shocked Rolling Eyes Cool Cool Cool

remember

Cool

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:44 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

well your ruling was not a surprise to me cyn........i mean its like police investigating police......who knows next week you may need sim to stand up for you

when a person trades such a property as pink to his best mate on gm so early in game like around 200 plus and then openly suggests to his friend to get 3rd green then it reeks of teaming

call the trade whatever you like cyn ......... shit is still shit no matter what fancy name you give it

anyway i promise from now on i will be using the same dirty tactics in my future games.... as shonky trades seem to be the way to go ...trust me i know enough to keep them just on the legal side

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:01 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: ENOUGH Reply with quote

OK HELEN I do not appreciate you questioning my integrity. I rule as i see them regardless of who they are. If you check logs i have ruled against sims trades before. I am fair and straight forward no matter who it is. I am sorry but it seems whenever it doesnt go your way you call cheat or say its mods sticking up for mods. Well you do not know me at all then and i am highly insulted.
I...... nevermind i am so tired of all the accusations and whining here that why should we even try, especially since now you say you are going to do shady things, yeah that mature.......shakes head in disappointment.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:42 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

i have played this game fairly and have never deliberately tried to shaft anyone in the game..but what is the reward for a hard honest game? a good kick up the ****

time and time again shady traders usually nearly always get away with it and their trades called "good " trading so if one cant get satisfaction the correct way then only other option is to join them and become as dirty and shonky as them

as for your intregrity it is not in question however as you play as similar game to sim i dont believe you were the right mod to check this game

and whether you like it or not mods do stick together

you are insulted? so am i for obvious reasons for you dont know me either

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:56 am
sim5
Planet

i guess there is no need to accused cyn for what she did
she might have said against me than may be u wouldnt have said all this
what she did was without thinking who was in game or not
at the end its just a game so why should we fight or make silly remarks which can hurt others
lets leave it & smile togather
thanks

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:22 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

well i could say why do dirty trades then?

why do stuff that you know will cause all this trouble to begin with...is it that you need to win and that you will do anything to win??

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 pm
trace567

Right, I have been over this and over this in my own head. I've slept on it. I've looked at the trade several times, chat log, the rest of the game to see how it all panned out etc etc.

I requested CYN's opinion of which she has given. We both agree that the trade on pink is grey area trading. But we do differ in our believe of whether any penalty should or should not be issued on this.

It is my view, of which I have stated the same in mod section, that moderators should set an example to players. That's not to say mods can never mess up, people are human and do make mistakes. But by and large moderators in my opinion really should pave the way for other players to follow.

I have no questioned why Ju (village) took the pink trade, on a glance its fine. My only question comes from the fact it was a risky trade on the senders part (Sim). The debate then comes from is risky the same as cheating? Well its not. But again I return to the question of moderators should be looked upon to pave the way. By conducting a risky trade is one thing, but doing a trade that will almost certainly result in questions shouldn't be happening when its a moderator in question.

Now I have come to the decision, as both me and Cyn have been unable to 100% agree on the action, and as it is not in the category of actual cheat trade, but lands in grey zone I will this time allow it to pass.

However, and I make this very clear. I do NOT believe mods should be conducting trades that should even be questionable and landing in grey zone. It's one thing for a new player to conduct grey trading, but when a mod does so, well where does this leave others trading values and standards.

The trade clearly gave sim cash and property, but I strongly believe he should of waited, to gain a by fair safer and better trade for HIMSELF. He totally disputes this however. Cyn believes risks are ok. I believe moderators should be looked upon with respect and guidance on how to conduct good trades. I feel this trade does not give a good example of trading. It was risky and dangerous.

One final note, Helen I appreciate that you are angry, but please try not to let anger go too far where by you lose the point you are trying to express.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:45 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

why do i get angry??

well this is not the first time sims trading methods have come under scrutiny..... lol they always land in the so called "grey area" .... he always gets the benefit of the doubt

i am sick and tired of him getting away with trades that the ordinary player is punished for...

all i expect is for players to do the decent thing in games ... play hard but honestly....thats i dont believe is asking too much