Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints cheating
      All times are GMT  

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:01 pm
boss2boss
Planetoid

Post subject: cheating Reply with quote

i played with peruano and rikki3 my id is boss3p at indian time 12: 25 pm

a 3p game

i had no money: while rikki had 2.5 k and peruano got 7k. Peruano auctioned all 3 greens and rikki didnt bid at all for all 3 greens and i had no money to bid. Hope the mod look at it and give me a justice.

thanks

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: where is the cheat Reply with quote

i do not understand please give more detail.
Auctioning your property is always allowed, and no one has to bid on it, it is their choice. And if there were only 3 of you in game and player one auctioned green, player two didnt bid and you player 3 didnt have money, then player one would have kept the property.

ITS ALL GOOD

Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:18 pm
boss2boss
Planetoid

Post subject: Cheating Reply with quote

Sorry cyn, it is not auctioning, what i mean is that peruano is saving money to buy the green, only green left in the board without anyone buying, peruano had 7k cash in hand and rikki had 2.5 k cash in hand, i have no money. when peruano auctioned every green rikki didnt bid it, he made persuano easy buying. He didnt bid at all any greens.

Hope you understand, please have a look on the log of the game.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:51 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, its annoying, happened to me loads of times
but within the rules

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: NO ONE HAS TO BID ON ANYTHING Reply with quote

No one is required to bid on anything. If you dont like props going for cheap then you need to save money to block them. It isnt very fair for you to be able to buy whatever you want and then expect someone else to block another person because they kept their money

ITS ALL GOOD

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 pm
Yiles
Moon

This is the type of complaint that wastes mods time- come on Boss- you know better

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am
diron
Moon

Yiles wrote:
This is the type of complaint that wastes mods time- come on Boss- you know better

I agree! +1

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Duh! Reply with quote

They don't call it an auction for nothing. Cool

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:40 am
adeeliqbal
Planetoid

Thats a game plan... if the p2 had outbid him on green and p3 with 7000 left it with P2 then P3 could buy somin else more easily!

Actually P2 is going for 2nd place here

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 am
ranban282
Ex Moderator

I think the complaint should be looked into a little more seriously. In Kreso's post here - http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80 point (b)

Quote:

Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:
a) Two players conducted a trade, where the trade is obviously advantageous only for one player.
b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

I think the mods should check whether not bidding was 'obviously disadvantageous' to Rikki.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:45 am
CANON
Ex Moderator

Ranban, the above rule is IF someone actually takes it. The rule says that the bidder would then have to up the stakes. His problem if no-one bid on it.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

dont play your game depending or expecting others to do all the bidding.....

.as cyn said save some cash if you dont like the prices being paid

Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:58 pm
HHHfan
Moon

3 greens for around 300 i assume? like i said before, just another loophole for cheap players to take advantage of and cheat. i tried to say that "auctioning" when only one person could bid was just a cheap cheat trade, but nobody listened, now someone will. i was told once that if i couldnt see the difference between that and a cheat that someone didnt know what to tell me.... my guess is cause they had nothing to say cause i was obviously right. couldnt resist, finaly someone agrees with my point.

tell me this, what advantage does giving 3 green for 300 or 400 give the auctioner??? NONE thats what! but i feel it was obviously put in the rules as a loophole for people to still be able to cheat. hence, y i quit playin multiplayer long ago, and currently, the whole game is deleted from my computer, just cause of crap like that, and more will follow, im sure.

Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:30 pm
adeeliqbal
Planetoid

no he said P1 didnt bid on the last green...which means green card was opened and no one outbid P2! reading the whole topic make seance sometime try it

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:08 pm
ranban282
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Going by Kreso's rules... Reply with quote

Canon, could you clarify your post? I cannot understand it.

Kreso's post is slightly ambiguous, and perhaps different people will interpret it differently. He also says that

Quote:

Cooperative play is considered cheating. There are two possibilities, applicable only when more than 3 players are playing:

I sincerely hope he was referring to 3 or more rather than more than 3, because if it were the latter, it would legitimize cooperative play in a 3p game.

About the not bidding part,

Quote:

b) During auction, a player didn't bid the price up despite that being obviously disadvantageous for him. The auction is then won by another player for obviously too low price.

This is slightly ambiguous, but I still go by what I said. If, in a 3p game, a,b & c are playing,and a and b refuse to bid against each other, while bidding normally against c. What would you call that? Strategy? Cheating? Teaming? I think that is what the above rule refers to.

I have had the misfortune of being in a few games like this, and it is extremely annoying.

I am not saying that this particular instance was cheating - rikki could have been going for another set - or going for second place, I dunno. But a complaint should not be thrown out of the window just because it is about auctions and not trades.