Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Reduce auto start points matching from 7x
      All times are GMT  

Should the auto start point matching be reduced to....
2x/3x/4x
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
5x/6x
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No let it stay at 7x
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:20 pm
Fort
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all dear. Remember total points are more or less stable (except for few 100s of 10 min gametime bonus). So if 1 high rating guy wins good points, other high rating guy loses that many points.

Now most of high level guys didnt like to play for such a meagre amount of points while risking their points, more due to disconnection or mere bad luck. Moreover the lower rating people can always win points from 5x players and still it would be almost equal to their own total points. I dont think one can expect to get more points in 1 game than his entire career points total.

On more practical note more than half of new accounts are created by pros. Lowering of rating slows down the growth of such accounts.

If at all, the opponents can be chosen, i would not have asked for such modification. But thats not the case. Besides i believe 7x limit was set more due to insufficient number of players than for any other reason.

I take this oppurtunity to verify that 5x limit is working to the perfection with almost no one ever left waiting for a game, if at all it happens in a rare low activity timing its for not more than 5-10 mins at the maximum.