Cambodia 30 day ban for disgusting chat during game on 9/29

3 kings please watch your response to this kind of talk

ITS ALL GOOD

Last edited by CYN on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand..who is banned? both ? 3 kings? or cambodia?

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 am
sim5
Planet

both players banned for using bad language
combodia got 30 days ban
3king got 5 day ban
warning to both players if they do it again they will get larger ban

No expectations, no disappointments.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:48 pm
jaord_b
Moon

lets think about this before I go flying off the handle. so what your saying is I am banned for that asshole abusing me, I'm the one retaliating in a private game Sim think about this the only one who got offended was me and because I used the same language given back to me I am to suffer the same punishment as him what a joke... let me also remind you that I spoke to CYN about the indecent we both came to an understanding that this conduct was not the behavior of a long term player like me to retaliate. this was the understanding I thought was we had both sorted it out now he found out that 3kings was one of my nicks now hes turned around and reversed the desicion looking at this picture I can only think there is something else going on behind the scenes

Sim what would you do if you werent a mod would you go crying to the forum if some one called you a offensive name I think you would my style is to fight fire with fire I keep things between me and the person in game going back to the asshole in question lets get this right I am not the instergater but the victim here and I'm being banned for using the same language he used on me 1st... again this is a joke I am not taking this ban lightly and when this ban is over you mods will never get my respect

look at the bigger picture here the instergator wasn't me once you figure that out sim then you can make a comment look at the logs that cyn read from that game

and as for you CYN your nothing but a 2 face person because we had this chat in the lobby you made it clear that a warning was given then you go behind the scene and inforce a ban... I have lost all respect I had for you in the past and as for you sim you never had it kinda makes me think your mod duties should be taken off you because all you seem to do is make personal statements and attack other players if know one sides with you

more to come ima just warming up

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:58 pm
trace567

Right, jaord please calm down I am looking into it right now and will post shortly properly. Till then please calm down.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:28 pm
trace567

Ok first up, the ban was issued by sim after cyn had posted. I think what has happened is that crossed wires has happened. Sim probably was unaware of CYN having spoken to you about it already. I haven't seen that, but not knowing what day or user names to look for I am going to take your word for it.

The ban was issued because of the way you retaliated. Cambodia started with just wind up tactics, but proceeded to explicit reference (of which I am not posting). You then responded back in a unfavourable way, scrolling and 1 explicit line reply. This was however contained within the 2p game and was not visible to anyone but the instigator.

I do strongly object to the way you responded, however as CYN has warned you about this (sim maybe was unaware of this) I have decided to undo the ban and leave it simply at a warning.

On the topic of logs being checked, they have been checked to varying degree's for years. It has depended how many mods and how much time they have as to whether it has always been done.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: WOW Reply with quote

FIRST OF ALL JAROD You need to get your facts straight. I did speak with you about this and left it the way we discussed, I was unaware SIM had put a ban on you. I was unable to get on last night at all so this is the first i am hearing of it! TWO FACED??? HOW EXPLAIN PLEASE.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:28 am
sim5
Planet

Post subject: Re: WOW Reply with quote

3kings/jarod is it fair the way u retaliated to combodia ask urself first
if retaliated in same manner is allowed than whats the difference between both players
if we will alllow such thing to happen every1 will use such vulgar language which is not allowed & i am against it
if u was not happy with cambodia u should have gone to forum & reported
it wouldnt have made u small
wasnt cambodia also playing just 2p with u & if he got 30 day ban because he started than i think 5 day ban for u who retaliated in same manner is fair

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:53 pm
trace567

I do agree with both cyn and sim on both actions. The reason I unbanned is because cyn had directly spoken to jarod and issued a warning directly and via forum regarding his retaliation.

I don't want to see that level of retaliation again, however I understand that the other player was instigating it and that it can be very easy to find your self striking back in anger.

As I said, there was 1 line of text that was the biggest problem, plus scrolling.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:36 pm
Yiles
Moon

I think a thank you to Trace from Jarod is in order, especially after all the drama over a 5 day ban (which she has rescinded)

YAY

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”