Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Reconsider moderator
      All times are GMT  

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 am
nouna
Asteroid

Post subject: Reconsider moderator Reply with quote

Dear moderators

My computer was banned today, and I don't know the reason.

My husband (account name cerebellum14) was playing a game yesterday (5p game), CYN ( the moderator) was one of the players.

He offered her a trade.. he/she found it expensive and called that ( cheating ).
I read through your rules, and found that unfair trade is selling expensive properties for cheap price... NOT THE OPPOSITE.

If he/she found his offer was expensive.. he/she should have simply rejected... and not calling it cheating and banning the WHOLE COMPUTER. I'M A MEMBER TOO!!!!

Also he was offering a trade to another player, and he/she went like : cerebellum14... this is your last warning... stop sending rediculous trades or you'll be banned...
we never knew expensive trades (in their point of view) would be considered CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe CYN (he/she was using another nick name: cyndi).. was taking advantage of his/her authority as a moderator unfairly. Also he/she was totally unkind, and this can't fit with a moderator!!

Last.. we want our computer to be allowed, and CYN to be reconsidered as a moderator!!!

Best regards,
Thanks

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:45 am
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I can assure you that the ban was NOT placed by Cyn/Cyndi. She reported the game here on the forum (where by I checked the chat and trade offers for the entire game)

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4434 is the link to the post with full details.

Also computers are banned regardless as to who is sat behind them at the time of the reason for a ban. This is simply because you would not believe how many attempts are made by many to blame their own actions on that of a another member of the family or friend, usually assuring us that this kind of thing will never happen again. If we unbanned computers we would be potentially allowing the banned player access again which would completely devalue the point of having a banning system, I am sure you understand our problem here.We therefore do not unban computers of which are shared. I suggest after reading the full details of the reason for the ban you then ask your husband to also read the post, so that no further bans will require placing when this ban expires.

Thank you.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 am
makro
Planetoid

i have to say i believe what she says about CYN. i had a very similar experience with her, although there was no cheat trades involved on my side. she traded a pink for 1000, which i still believe is a cheat trade, and after i reacted the first response was "this is CYN". i don't really care about the trade, i just don't like the reaction with which she tried to scare us from any further actions.

cheers

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:22 pm
nouna
Asteroid

Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Yeah

That is exactly what I mean !!

She always gets advantage of being a moderator !!!!!!

This is not her first time ( I think Makro agrees )
You should know Trace that when someone tries to control your moves or treats you as if she is a Superior , you react !!!!!!!
That is what happened >> she got on Cerebellum14 nerves, he reacted

The last 2 or 3 trades was a reaction of being nervous . So, I believe you should not belame him only for this

Anyway, we respect your decision but we hope you re-think about it & reconsider CYN as a moderator

We are not the only players who felt these about CYN and we all want you to RECONSIDER CYN AS A MODERATOR

Best regards
THanks

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm
trace567

Again I will state that Cyndi reported the game here, just like any other player. In the game chat she stated what is true, that players can be banned for repeated sending of cheat trades. She didn't ban anyone, I did after reviewing the entire game logs.

Makro you say you believe what "she" says about CYN. However if you look at the post you will see flaws in it.

Quote:
He offered her a trade.. he/she found it expensive and called that ( cheating ).
I read through your rules, and found that unfair trade is selling expensive properties for cheap price... NOT THE OPPOSITE.

Last I knew Kreso had not changed the trading rules, of which he doesn't ever mention prices or expensive trades.

Quote:
Also he was offering a trade to another player, and he/she went like : cerebellum14... this is your last warning... stop sending rediculous trades or you'll be banned...
we never knew expensive trades (in their point of view) would be considered CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was not offering the trade to another player, he was offering trades to Cyndi again. (I may be wrong on that statement btw, without checking the time line of all trade and chat, however I think Cyndi only mentioned again after receiving another bad offer herself) She (his wife) equally appears to know a fair bit about "his" game. Yet he doesn't have the ability to come here and speak for himself, and gets his "wife" to. Hmm!

So well the credibility of the post is really not high.

As for your own game that was back in early January Makro, Matt was the moderator who checked your game. His words to you were:

Quote:
and a note for makro - noone is shown any sort of partiality here because they are or were a mod , if you have any issues , you always have bill to talk to and if you feel wronged to report to. Please do so instead of making such false accusations here.

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=40765&highlight=#40765

I assume you did not heed his advice here. So I will say it again, if YOU feel that a moderator has behaved out of line then please take it to the head moderator (Bill2k06) and do not persist in dragging up your own game of which was over a month ago in an attempt to add weight to player who is clearly not credible. Your game was checked at the time, and as stated in the guidelines on how to challenge decisions, you should do so within 7 days of the event.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:48 pm
trace567

Post subject: Final words...... Reply with quote

If either nouna or makro are not happy with the response and wish to make a Formal complaint again any moderator (this goes to any player about any moderator) then please PM Bill2k06 with full reasons why you wish to complain.

Thank you.

I personally have spent far too long dealing with the complaint and the game for which the complaint occurred and with not be spending any more time on it, sorry.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:50 am
mohd14
Asteroid

Post subject: ???? Reply with quote

Hi

Im the owner of the account ( cerebellum14 )

I decided to speak myself as trace adviced !!!!!!!!

Trace said : " I think Cyndi only mentioned again after receiving another bad offer herself) She (his wife) equally appears to know a fair bit about "his" game. Yet he doesn't have the ability to come here and speak for himself, and gets his "wife" to. Hmm! "

I can't explain why trace is defendig so hard?????
I didn't post myself because I think that the whole matter is not a big deal !! .. It is just a game !!! .. You decided to ban me , I don't care ... I will play in another game !!!!!!!!
I didn't ask my wife to speak for me ( as you said ) .. she did herself beacause she also has an account and wants to play ... she found herself banned too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that .. It is just a game!!!!!!!!!

Being a moderator is a responsiblity that I think you can't bear or understand .. you both are getting advantage of it + I want make any reports to Bill even if it will unban us because I still believe that " IT IS JUST A GAME !!!!!!!!!! "

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:07 am
trace567

Please just PM Bill2k06 with whatever concerns you have.

No moderators are paid to do this, and I personally have spent a long time on answering replies, looking into the game, placing the bans with full reasons. Posting a full in depth reason for my ban decisions.

This is getting beyond a joke now. Either people have a problem which they want addressed about moderators or the bans impossed by me, in which case I am encouraging you to PM Bill2k06 in order for your concerns to be addressed. Or to simply drop it. But please a few weeks down the line I do not want to see this game dragged back up as some kind of evidence of misjustice if you do not follow your moans through to the head moderator.