Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints luckystrikeand baltimore traded back and forth
      All times are GMT  

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:50 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

Post subject: luckystrikeand baltimore traded back and forth Reply with quote

i was in a 5p as grasshopper ...the other players were baltimore, luckystrike, elvishasentered and boss2p

there were several trades but the trades i am concerned about are the trades between baltimore and luckystrike.

lucky strike and baltimore traded same property back and forth. it appeared that the trades were done to help each other out cash wise

it was very disheartening to be in this game to see what appeared to be teaming

baltimore first traded green from luckystrike for 2 black and 1 white and a small amount of cash

but he had no cash to upgrade

in the meantime luckystrike got up cash from having 4 whites and 2 black

so then he traded to baltimore 4 whites and 2 black and 500 to get 3 green back

luckystrike had 3k plus and was able to fully upgrade

i quit the game losing 6635 points from it
as i didnt see any point in playing the game any longer ......they ruined it totally

can mods check out this game plz

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another reason why i wish for an option to quit a game without losing points....... say buttons to choose a reason why you resigned such as b/c the other player is cheating then once the button is selected it automatically transmits a game log to either a moderator for investigation or to the forum for investigation.

What happens if a player gets in a game with an opponent they know is a cheater and want to get out of the game before it starts? they have no options besides resigning before the game begins and lose points or play the game and run the risk of getting cheated against and more likely losing. if there was such an option to resign without losing point before the game starts and there's a way to tag cheater's usernames then players would be less likely to play against the cheaters, there would be less cheat complaints, fewer frustrated players and save moderators time.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:13 pm
Yiles
Moon

Yeah I was in the game, and here's my two cents...

1) The trades obviously were shaky, especially the last one

2) Baltimore is a person I won't play with again

3) I don't have a problem with losing points if you quit early, but I wish it would be like half the points that you would normally lose if you lost after the game started- I understand that opens up questions about quitting right at the end, so I don't expect any action on this, just putting out my wish for Santa Claus

I love you Santa Claus

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:49 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

I agree with Yiles as a second best alternative....... I'd even take the 1/2 standard point loss from losng a game if quit a game before it started instead of being forced to play against someone you dont want to play such as a cheater. i still dont understand why the game wasn't set up so you can pick and choose who you play against and also have the option to have the game assign you an opponent.... so 2 options instead of the 1 now.....

This could even be helpful in tournaments when your trying to play your tournament opponents and prevent what happened like in the Feb 28th tournament from happening again. In that tournament someone I forget who didnt register for the tourmanent in time and was upset they couldnt play so they tried to disrupt by entering the games they weren't supose to, this really disrupted the tournament by delaying the start by over 10 minutes and made the tournament experience seem poorly run and kinda crappy

there must be a way to tweak the game code. who knows game coding besides kreso?

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm
trace567

Sorry for the delay, I requested a second opinion on this game.

After discussion by 2 moderators (Sim and me) we came to the decision that we would have to pass all 3 trades we were checking over.

The trades were not good, 1 in particular I felt was very borderline. The green for 2 black and 500. Although Lucky directly made attempts to buy at least one further black after trading, so his intention was clearly to use them to gain a set. Reason I felt that trade was rather shaky was because the remaining 2 black were owned by grasshopper and boss, and there was no certainty he would be able to trade for either.
At the time of that trade green's value was not very high as so much of the board was built and start money was going fast. This is the 2nd reason the trade passed.

The other 2 trades we discussed were the last green trade, the amount given seemed excessive, but the trade was beneficial to both without question.

The first trade we looked at was between boss and lucky for pink, again I think the trade was over the top, but still beneficial to both, thus passing.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm
trace567

YAAAHOOOO3 wrote:

What happens if a player gets in a game with an opponent they know is a cheater and want to get out of the game before it starts? they have no options besides resigning before the game begins and lose points or play the game and run the risk of getting cheated against and more likely losing. if there was such an option to resign without losing point before the game starts and there's a way to tag cheater's usernames then players would be less likely to play against the cheaters, there would be less cheat complaints, fewer frustrated players and save moderators time.

Remind me again why you wanted to play ban advocate?

The reason we ban is so you don't have to play the "cheaters" or suffer abuse and to try and get them to change their ways. That's the whole blooming point, hence we don't appreciate people running round trying to tell us we ban too much, or too long, because its people like you who will only moan if you end up in a game with them.

Man there is NO pleasing some is there?

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:57 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

as i have said before .......it is entirely different being in a game as to just seeing it on paper

i felt what these 2 players did was ethically wrong and so close to teaming it is not funny. they looked after each and did not try to trade with me or anyone else ..they were concerned with only trading back and forth with each other and in my books that is teaming

something has to be done about the amount of dodgy trades being passed as legit

i cant see how baltimore benefitted by trading 3 green to luckystrike (who fully upgraded immediataely) for 4 white and 2 black (baltimore had about 900)

the board already had pink fupgraded to level4

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:20 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

trace567 wrote:

Remind me again why you wanted to play ban advocate?

As previously stated the purpose of the ban advocacy is to investigate if proper intervention techniques, sufficient warnings instead of immediate bans and overhaul of other ban processes will result in fewer banned players, shorter and more effective bans, fewer repeat offenders and minimize the effect of bans on otherwise very dedicated players who do not return only because of their bans.