Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Fcuk fcuk
      All times are GMT  

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 pm
insure
Asteroid

Post subject: Fcuk fcuk Reply with quote

PLayer FCUK , timing out the whole game. Very annoying.. and offence nickname Very Happy

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:35 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

This players username was discussed some months back, if I remember rightly it was deemed ok as it is actually a clothing brand.

On the stalling, unfortunately as we are unable to tell the difference between someone having connection problems or having to answer the door etc we only act if this is reported by more than one player.

If though the player says in the chat they are deliberately stalling we can take action, if this was the case let me know and I'll look into it further.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:36 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

this fcuk nick was discussed and many players disapporved of it and bill said

Bill2k06 wrote:
ok by vote of community i think we should ask the player to change th name, nd i will transfer points over to a new name, if the player does not oblige then i think a sall ban should be put in place,
what do you think?

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:52 pm
trace567

Thanks Helen.

I will try and keep an eye out for this player to make a request they choose a new name and the points will be moved over.
I don't think they are registered on the forum so I can't contact them via pm.

I'll give it a week for me or other mods to find them online. I would rather catch them online and explain we will transfer points rather than ban, as if banned after the ban the problem will still be there.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:38 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

I request a revote as the original vote was taken almost 5 months ago and really 2+ moderators thought it was not a problem:

Bill2k06 wrote:
personally, i agree nothing is wrong with FCUK as it is a brand name, but if others follow suit then it is other players immaturity to do so, and i dont see why this player should be punished as i have been watching their chat logs and they seem to be a clean, fair player,

Also, it is possible this player could get upset when being forced to change usernames and ultimately quit playing........ unless this is 100% necessary I don't think it should be done b/c it may not be in the best interest of GM taking undue or excessive actions which have the possibility of resulting in player losses........it is my opinion this has happened way too much in the past which may possibly explain GM's traffic rank declines

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:44 pm
trace567

How about giving moderators a chance to approch the player and explain the request to change user name, along with moving points.

Until we have had a chance to speak to this player, we cannot determine if they will refuse the request or not.

If the player is willing to alter their name, there will be no issue. If the player refuses the request then yes we will have to decide if we leave it, or not. But first off the player needs informing.