Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Improvements i can make?
      All times are GMT  

Sat May 23, 2009 10:51 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Improvements i can make? Reply with quote

hi all,.
as head-mod(admin) here there are few things i can change with the game , but as for game rules, bans, punishments, and trading etc, i am able to change the ruling on them,

so i was wondering , what would any of you like to see different , if enough good ideas are shown, then the top 3 will be put to vote and we will change certain things by majority vote of community,

i have been racking my brains about certain issues we're having and ways to improve or change our ways of looking ,
2 main issues ive thought about possibly changing are:-

1) when a trade is deemed to be a cheat, and the 2 players are punished for the trade by ban, or points reduction, i think it would be sporting of the mods to change the points of the losing players (only ones left in game) back to what they were BEFORE the game ,
for example,
if im in a game , and probably going to win or 2nd, in a 4p and one player leaves, if the remaining 2 players cheat trade against me, them 2 will be punishable by points reduction, BUT i will have my points changed back to what they were before the game .

2) play 2v2 games RATED, BUT any 2v2 games have to be mentioned on forum , before and after game , to show that is was planned for 2players in a game were going to team,
My way of thinking with this, MANY players will like the new format of 2v2, and will inevitably HAVE to come to forum to mark down a game, then a quick edit after the game , to say who won, etc.
My other thinking about this , was , when players have come to the forum to mark down their game win/loss etc, i will keep a log, of all players who have played 2v2,
I will log the following details:-
1) Who has most wins
2) which team are the best (by results)
3) who's on a losing streak etc,.

Players will be able to come to forum and see that 2v2 games are happening and i will open another Thread JUST for 2v2 games, and all discussion to do with 2v2 will happen in there.

Please all discuss and lets see what we end up with

Sun May 24, 2009 12:34 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like both ideas, especially the second one, which has potential to create a lot of excitement.

more thoughts to come.

Sun May 24, 2009 5:40 am
sim5
Planet

Very good idea Idea

2x2 idea will work & lot of people will like it

I(sim5) will be playing with miruna(ingeras) as my partner
Any1 who wants to play 2x2 against us plz let us know

Looking farward for a positive reply & have fun Smile

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

Quote:
1) when a trade is deemed to be a cheat, and the 2 players are punished for the trade by ban, or points reduction, i think it would be sporting of the mods to change the points of the losing players (only ones left in game) back to what they were BEFORE the game ,
for example,
if im in a game , and probably going to win or 2nd, in a 4p and one player leaves, if the remaining 2 players cheat trade against me, them 2 will be punishable by points reduction, BUT i will have my points changed back to what they were before the game .

i think that what you said here is very fair bill as the way it is now not only are cheaters punished so too are the innocent players. so t5o give back points lost in a cheat game is good news

Sun May 24, 2009 8:06 am
sim5
Planet

fair but i just want to add that if we can have some strick rules regarding auctioning ur own cards after rec

Last edited by sim5 on Sun May 24, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sun May 24, 2009 8:27 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

im working on a set of rules, to which once complete will be made public,

it is obvious Kreso , doesnt have the time anymore, so lets try make the best out of a bad situation,

Helen, i agree, for that reason is why i want to introduce this , but instead of promoting players to other positions in the game , the players that have been cheated will only get their points back before the game ,

i did think of a flaw to this , where a player would be cheated, they'd lose 2000points for example, and come and complain, then a mod wouldnt answer for maybe minimum 1hr, and in that time the player wouldve played 2 games and increased points, by a minimum of 2000 points in them games, then we'd come along do the complaint, and reduce the offenders points and then change the victims points back to before that game,
but theyve played 2 games and gained points , and i saw a problem where we'd actually be taking points off the victims not giving them back.

but the way round that , is to just check how many points they lost in that game , and then add it back to their points, that way it does not matter if that player has played another 5games or 500games, they'd just get extra points onto.

Sun May 24, 2009 9:03 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

another thing i think would be good is to lower the matching ratio from x 5 down to x3

it is very hard and very frustrating to get a good game with experienced players on higher points.

many experienced players are using low accounts ( we know they have
higher accounts ) and jump into games with players who are prepared to play with higher accounts. it is very annoying to find everyone is on 20k plus but this one player who is on 4/5 k ...they know they wont lose many points and therefore play the game in such a manner that it ruins it for the rest of us ..

so what do you think bill?

Sun May 24, 2009 9:41 am
ingeras
Moon

Both ideas are good bill, i vote yes
And Helen idea is good vote yes 2.

I have 2 ideas but donno how others will accept them.

1. maybe there should be a rule for trading after economy collapse , i have played few games when a player was dying and suddenly made a trade and came above others ,that after the game and players rank was sorted. for example after -250 ec we should not allow trading to change game and players situation, who have played me before know i never trade after ec, i think it is fair to keep rank players as it is , if they didnt improve their situation till then so no need to trade.
i hope i explained well myself Sad
2. my second idea is a bit hard to be approved i know that was a discussion about before and didnt work.i wish there should be a way to choose players we want to play with, maybe could there be a box where u could choose the name of players u want. sometimes we are 5 players that we want to play together and we wait hours to get a game or we get other game with other players.
i know it is hard to be approved but maybe we can change something.
Have a nice day .

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)

Last edited by ingeras on Sun May 24, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sun May 24, 2009 11:08 am
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

aussie wrote:
another thing i think would be good is to lower the matching ratio from x 5 down to x3

it is very hard and very frustrating to get a good game with experienced players on higher points.

many experienced players are using low accounts ( we know they have
higher accounts ) and jump into games with players who are prepared to play with higher accounts. it is very annoying to find everyone is on 20k plus but this one player who is on 4/5 k ...they know they wont lose many points and therefore play the game in such a manner that it ruins it for the rest of us ..

so what do you think bill?

this has always been an issue , and i heard the other side of the arguement as well, might i propose a solution for this ?
Players under 3k can play x 5
Players over 3k can play only x 3

or another option is -

when a players logs into GM, he should be able to choose if he wants x5 or x3 , this means that all noobs go together. The game is not so hard to sort out.

Again just a thought Idea

Sun May 24, 2009 12:47 pm
trace567

The problem of altering the 5x to 3x would be something kreso would have to do. This is the big problem with any improvements or alteration to the actual game it self. Kreso can only do that, and he doesn't have the time anymore.

My thoughts on trading and auctioning rules are if any changes happened it would have to be kept simple. Reason being many players don't use the forum, and we can't make them. So trading needs to be common sense so people who don't use the forum to know of alterations won't be affected.

The 2 suggestions by Bill I like, My only problem with the putting points back is that the admin often crashes both my comps, so doing the search to check points on the other players in the game as well could be tricky for me. But I'd give it a go and if I have big comp issues we'd just have to cross that bridge if need be.

Sun May 24, 2009 7:47 pm
Yiles
Moon

I'd like to suggest that people who steal other people's ideas for sigs should be censored and warned- plagiarism is looked down upon.

Other than this, I will remain silent, as Confucius says to, because silence is your only true friend

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sun May 24, 2009 11:38 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Helen,

yes i agree about the auto-match of x5 should be reviewed and maybe trialled at x3 , or even maybe x4 just to see the middle ground , but unfortunately as trace says this isnt something i can change as it is programming based for the matching .

Ing,

both ideas are good but unfortunately i dis-approve of them both , my reasons:-
1) Trading should be allowed all game, for the reason , certain properties rise and fall all game , just as the economy does, and so to take away trading in EC would be to hinder one players properties as they all are worked out ''over-the-game'' not on each dice roll, so a white bought early in the game, would drain money quick , but you'd become stronger later on, as its a residual income throughout the rest of the game ,

2) The problem with people becoming able to pick and choose who they play , would mean ALL new players would end up leaving after long long periods of time because noone would play them.
As it is now, everyone is guaranteed a game as long as people around them on roughly the same points are there.
So doing this change would result in less and less new players staying and becoming regulars, and all the players already over 10k (for example) would start to get bored, because as the experianced players stop playing there is no regeneration of players , because of how annoying it would be waiting for a game

Mon May 25, 2009 10:28 am
ingeras
Moon

Yes Bill agree with all what u said i knew it from the beginning that is hard to change these rules, but i thought i should say them maybe maybe something will change,

About first point i saw few games where players was so frustrated and they considered a trade done lately as a cheat or teaming against them, i know it is hard to change that , i personally dont do it at all i think it is fair to not change player ranks even if i am the one who need trade to survive,

About the second point, i knew that is disapproved and nothing to do with that ,was a topic before i think jonny's topic about choosing players and was discussed and nothing changed.it is hard sometimes to get game with players u want we sometimes get boring waiting for hours to get a game Helen knows that Smile but we manage it by playing unrated games.

Bill i have a question for u about 2v2,
if i will play as bidder for example and i will go out first like we all knows that happens if we play as bidder, and my partner win the game, will i get some points?or i will be considered 4th player and will lose points??
i think we should work on this to find a way how to sort points otherwise no one will play as bidder to not lose points.
I really like ur idea with 2v2 , we are playing a lot of 2v2 unrated with Helen, Judd, sim, Raghav ,Tracy sometimes and would be a great idea to make it rated.

Have a nice day

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)

Mon May 25, 2009 1:11 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ing, i have thought about the 2v2 alot lately , and as for points being lost if they are ranked, the ONLy way i can get around this , is like i said , if players wanting to play 2v2 then they will have to come to forum , and let me know who is playing, and start points of ALL players in the 2v2 ,

then after the game if one player again , comes and posts who lost, etc , then i think , i will have to do some calculations but we'll have it , where there is a set amount of points to be won/lost ,

i was thinking maybe , the points won, could be an average of the points of players in the game , a possible quick calculation i came up with as an example could be :-

players A+B are team members
players C+D are team member

Before game points are as :-

Player A = 25000
player B = 12000
player C = 35000
player D = 23000

average = 23750 then divide by3.5 = 6785

this would be the amount won split between the 2 players?

ive not tried too many possible situations, so if anyone has any flaws of this let me know ? or if you have a better way of working out the points distributed and lost please tell me, im open to all suggestions for this .

Tue May 26, 2009 4:59 am
sim5
Planet

hello e1,

bill, first of all i like ur idea about 2x2 competition through forum
i have a idea which i would like to post here
as per bill example i will add few things in it so that we can make it simple & excitement
i would like many players to join 2x2 competition through forum & every1 will get a chance to play others & win points.

first of all it will be unrated so that we can make it simple
before playing both team will post their names with points in forum

as per bill example

A=25000
B=12000
C=35000
D=23000

here we will get a total basket of points
like in this case it is 95000

5 % of this = 4750

this would be the amount given to each winning player & will be taken from both losers

person who will come first,his/her team will be declare as a winner

let say if b comes first & no matter who comes 2nd , 3rd or 4th the team a+b will be the winners & after taking points from team c+d it will like this

A will be 25000 + 4750 = 29750
B will be 12000 + 4750 = 16750
C will be 35000 - 4750 = 30250
D will be 23000 - 4750 = 18250

winning team has to post the result in forum & mods will check that before giving & taking points

the idea of 5% of basket is so that players will like to log on with their high points to make a bigger baskek & will play with others

any1 who has more suggestions plz tell us know so that we can make it more competitive & exciting

Last edited by sim5 on Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total