Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Disallow trading after collapse when a player is in debt?
      All times are GMT  

Should trades be disabled after economic collapse if a player is in debt?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
No (as it is now)
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:56 am
Kreso
Game Developer

Post subject: Disallow trading after collapse when a player is in debt? Reply with quote

In order to stop unfair trades, the proposal is to disallow trading under certain circumstances.

If all off the following conditions are met, a trade cannot be conducted:
a) there are at least 3 players still playing
b) salary is below 0 (after economic collapse)
c) one or both players involved in trade are in debt.

Vote your opinion.

Last edited by Kreso on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:08 am
NiceGuy
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trades should be done away with altogether after economic collapse... We should only have auctions... as in, if someone wants to trade, they have to auction the property.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:21 am
Psam
Planetoid

I think NiceGuy's idea is better. Because after collapse, the value of prop varies for player to player. Now a player with 3 greens but no money will sell it for 1 k to player with money. But if auctioned it would be better in the sense other players get a fair chance to stop anyone from getting it cheap.. However, i feel in auction the person initiating the auction should be able to state the base price. Otherwise he cant take the risk of selling them at 330 if no 1 bids.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:02 am
zaxtheman
Planetoid

that was my suggestion month ago...only auctions allowed when recession time comes

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:16 pm
jaord_b
Moon

I agree only auctions allowed after ressesion hits

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:39 am
Duda
Planetoid

A player in debt may have not realised how soon economic collapse was coming and it may surprise the player; I think the (b) condition should read when Salary is less than or equal to 350. This enabled the important game trading at economic collapse which I think would hurt gameplay if was removed.

(I didn't vote in the poll for this reason)

Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:02 am
jonjonny
Moon

well in my mind they should stay as it is.

we can always report and sometimes the trade is fair and sometimes giving either player chance of winning.

but if unfair report Shocked and there willbe something done maybe only auctions but that ruins the gamemore times when it happens

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:41 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

I don't agree with the fact that only auctions should be allowed when recession time comes. It's not fair.

Think about it: It's recession and u do need money. Untill here all it's ok. U have a property and other player have the rest of them (in some cases 1, in others 2 properties). If u have only the possibility to auction your property, the other player that is interested (having the rest of them) will give u the lowest price allowed by that auction and no more because it's recession. The rest of the players in that game will probabbly not raise that auction fearing not to loose some money when that property doesn't bennefit for them.

So think about it. This procedure bennefits only to the player that wants to buy that particular property not to the one that wants to sell it.

My opinion! Wink

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
ace._.jase
Planetoid

I hesitantly voted no, i think it would stop some unfair trades but not all anyway, when i play, part of the game plan is to prevent other opponents from having the ability to trade at a cost to me. I like the game as is, what would be interesting is if before a game you could nominate an amount of pts to (almost) bet on a game.