Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion please discuss if this is a dictatorship??
      All times are GMT  

is the game and forum run like a dictatorship?
yeh it needs sorting NOW!!!
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Yeh but i like it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NO its just right
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
NO but some decisions need to be made differently
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:25 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

kreso does not have time to come here,

i emailed him about a few issues last night , and still no reply because he is too busy with his life and career nowadays ,

his exact words to me in an email last night was :-

'' any drastic, or big changes or updates are a definate no''

i hope that clears a few things up

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 am
MrCrabbs

Cool. But if you do want to make any drastic changes, then putting them here and them getting a good reception means you can more likely persuade Kreso to do it, most likely. The forum is not just a way to reduce mod power, but also enhances it in ways too.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:41 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

i did write something here, then , but felt t wasnt for eyes of community,

crabbs i will holla ya on msn to keep the discussion between me and you at 100% discretion level

***edited by Bill2k06***

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:41 pm
trace567

I wasn't here in the early days of GM, like Bill and Aussie (there are others too).

But I joined when Aussie was a moderator, and still remember her being in the lobby a lot, mentioning how well my points were doing etc. Taking a notice and interest basically.
When I joined the game and forum was well moderated. But then there was a patch were mods became very scarce. During this time I still was on the game as much as I had been before. I was seeing so many inaproriate user names, a lot of bad language. The forum was filled with unanswered complaints. Along with topics (that I was involved in) arguing that the place was going to ruin, that people who abused the place were not being punished or removed. There were a lot of unhappy GM players.

So my point I guess is, that whichever end of the spectrum and even in the middle there will always be people who don't like it.

At least there have for the majority of this year been active moderators, working both on the game in view and behind the scenes trying to get things back on track.

There do need to be rules. There are things I would like to see changed on the lobby interface to help new players, and make everyone aware of what isn't acceptable. But wanting something done, and being able to get it done are two very different things.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 am
jatt
Planetoid

I believe something needs to be changed maybe a new moderator?????....but i seriously believe something needs to be changed. Maybe a person who is banned should have the right to appeal in front of the community at GM Forums like some sort of polling thing like the one on this post. what you guys think????

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

jatt, that already is in place, this is what the forum is for, and such, players who are on bans, have the right to come and appeal and see what the community think,
their post will not be removed or even deleted as its interesting to see the community's thoughts,
BUT
you will find that any player that comes and appeals will most likely be told that their ban is righteous and correct.