Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions An idea that can be implemented without Kreso's action
      All times are GMT  

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:51 am
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: An idea that can be implemented without Kreso's action Reply with quote

This is an idea that can be implemented by mods rather than just kreso updating the game.

Here is the feature....

We have tournaments every 2 months riiiight??? So I think in between that time it would be cool if there could be come competition in which everyone could be involved in. I think the best way to do this is the 2p ladder system I have brought forth but not everyone has the time it seems.

SO, the next best way is to have challenges in which the people who are the first to complete them are awarded points. We could have easier ones and really really hard ones. For example:

Easy...

First one to win a game owning green and pinks fully upgraded gets 1k points and their name posted on the thread!

Hard.....

First one to win 35 2p games in a row on one account gets 50k or something.

or

First one to win 10 consecutive 5p games gets 50k or something.

I think that easy ones will be ones that just provide alittle competitive fun for people to do, where the hard ones will award players for trying really hard and using their superior skill (assuming they have any skill)..

People can just keep track of their own challenges and then when they think they have completed them post it on the forum and then the mods can check to confirm it.

That last note means of course that the only challenges that we can have are ones that mods can confirm some how or at least have witnesses or something.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:23 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea.

It will excite GM a little bit, and cause more action on the forum as well.

We just need to make sure we are not giving away too many points for these challenges, because if we are, people might play for the challenges and not for the game.

Fun things like this are great, as long as we uphold the sanctity of the original game as well Very Happy

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Re: An idea that can be implemented without Kreso's action Reply with quote

Magflag12 wrote:
First one to win 35 2p games in a row on one account gets 50k or something.

Not even David Nobre could pull that one off, on his NobleMan account he has an earth shattering record of 20 2p games and 1 loss, truely stunning.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:55 pm
Magflag12
Moon

yeah I understand its pretty unreachable, but it could happen. I would liek to revise it to say something more like 20 wins in a row.

I think that providing things that players that are not neccasarily the best at the current time, that will get them some points is good because they will enjoy it, it will give them opportunity to play higher players sooner and learn how to really play, and it will give them a reason to stick around.

I see what your saying palabra, and I agree. I think that 1k for a challenge like I mentioned is not too much, and players will be unlikely to play just to complete that challenge because if they fail they will lose points, it will just give people a reason to play a game and perhaps give them a little extra reason to try out particular sets.

As for the tougher challenges... if someone pulled off 35 in a row I think getting 50k would be very much due to them. People play for points anyway, so I don't see the problem of people playing a 2p for the sake of the challenge. Completing challenges are fun anyway.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:22 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

I see that winning those points is deserved, but it just feels less legitimate. The award for winning 20 games in a row is an amazing amount of points to your account. Adding another 50k would be rather absurd in my opinion.

I am just throwing that out there.

I am more inclined to like the challenges of accomplishing something special within one game than some sort of "in-a-row" kind of thing.

Again, like I said above, the reward for streaks and great displays of skill is already in place.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm
Magflag12
Moon

I see your point actually.

Keep in mind that awards like that don't have to be 'in a row' type things. We can definately come up with better ones than I have given. They were just the simplest of all.

I would say though that getting 50k may seem like a lot, and we could lower it for sure, but its not that much when you consider how many people are even capable of doing that... i mean a 20 game streak would be insane to see. Perhaps there are people who can do it, but they don't try it as hard as they can, or they have just yet to realize they could do it if they just started playing games with one account.

More importantly please don't become discouraged from implementing something ilke this, those of you who are reading this (not just palabra), just because I suggested a 50k award for something extremely and absurdly difficult to achieve on one account. Forget that and move on to other ideas you might have.