Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Awful Collusion
      All times are GMT  

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:14 am
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Awful Collusion Reply with quote

This type of non-trading has been discussed, and this is an awful example of it.

4p game started about 8:00 pm est

joaomcm, yiles, nicolass and tom6

Situation is:

joaomcm cash/credit= 33/230 and owns light blue set upgraded and three whites and 1 black

yiles cash/credit=285/650 and owns yellow set upgraded and 2 blacks and 1 white

nicholass cash/credit= 927/400 and owns orange and brown sets upgraded

tom6 cash/credit= 689/600 and owns greens upgraded

Earlier in the game I offered 1 black for what would have been jaoamcm's 3rd white with a cash addition of 500- he refused. Then jaoamcm pull swith where he gets light blue and gives tom6 greens. I then offered jaoamcm an EVEN swap, for his black, which would have given him his 4th white. Hardly an even trade, way in his favor, since his one black was doing him no good, and my one white was doing him no good. Yet he still refused even though he was close to going bankrupt, and had to downgrade immediately after upgrading light blues. It wouldn't have cost him any money, he gets 4th white for a useless black, yet he refused to improve his position. I smelled some type of collusion here- as the only beneficiary of a non-trade was Tom6.

Can someone please look inot this?

Thank you.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:53 am
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

And just as I thought, Tom6 won the game and joao came in second

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:51 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: sorry Reply with quote

Sorry Yiles I do not see anything that would merit cheating with this non trade, he came in second instead of you by keeping what he did which benefited him not to trade.
By giving you the other black it would have cost him more to land on any of your 3 blacks. One black was not completely useless in this close of a game as it would earn him 50 and take money from others. The one additional white may have helped when you look at the odds because he gains even when he lands on it.
I do not consider it collusion when a player who cannot get first goes for second or tries to eliminate another player to make his finishing rank higher.
I personally would not want the 4th white by giving someone their 3rd black.
I cannot warrant punishing this, however, Trace or Bill may see it different.

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:18 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CYN, you've pretty much confirmed how I was thinking last night. I did look at it late last night, and couldn't see anything punishable. But agreed to yiles I would re-look at it today when more awake.

I have just taken a second look, and still see nothing punishable.

At the point of the last offer to exchange white and black joaomcm technically had a greater income than yiles, although very low cash and credit. But EC was still a fair way off with start at +155. So chance of income from property (cyan and 3 extractors). income from start and maybe bonus to save him/her downgrading.
Yiles you had only 2 black and 2 yellow (3 upgrades) at the point of the offer being made. So even though you had more cash and credit, you had less income to survive each lap than joaomcm did. So preventing you having the 3rd black would of helped keep your income low, also slowed down your upgrades on yellow.

I completely agree with CYN, so no punishment can be given.