Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Ranban282 and Blocker are big cheaters
      All times are GMT  

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:37 pm
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Post subject: Ranban282 and Blocker are big cheaters Reply with quote

I want to report a case of blantant sour grapes and cheating. The game was a 5p game with landocalrissian, elvishasentered, ranban282, blocker, and playboyluciana. Game started at around 8-8:30 am EST. Playboyluciana never started the game, so essentially it became a 4p. Myself, Lando, and Blocker had around 4000 to 5000 in money, and Ranban282 was short stack with no real prospects for winning- except to offer me one blue (I had one blue also) for all three of my blacks. When I didn't accept he got mad, saw he wouldn't win, then traded with Blocker- ranban gave up 1 red, 2 purple for one extractor- when trade is completed he promptly resigns. Gave blocker the game basically since he didn't have to give up any money and he had 2 purples 2 reds- he promptly landed on last purple giving him the complete advantage. I think Blocker was at fault for accepting such a lopsided trade, and Ranban deserves a ban, period. Just awful playing with people like this.

Can a mod please take care of this?

Thank you,

Elvis

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:53 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this one was a little complicated. I've opted for no punishment just a warning in the future on trading. To ranban282 and blocker. I saw some very crazy trade offers by ranban282, and some rather over priced ones by blocker.

On the actual trade is question:

Just prior to the trade, blocker had sent ranban282 a similar offer, only this time it included 2 extractors for the 1 red and 2 pink.

So it is possible that the trade which took place was in error, as that one only had 1 extractor.

The trade itself certainly opened up the chance for blocker to obtain the remaining pink or red property (the last one of both was still unowned).

The trade although rather one sided did give ranban282 instant income, where as blocker could only gain income on buying the final property for each, and upgrading. Blocker had no real income, as no owned sets. EC was getting close.

Ranban282 did not resign immediately after the trade. Possibly a few minutes later.

Ranban282 appears to be a fairly new player.

For these reasons I will not be taking any action on this particular complaint, however it maybe useful should any further problems occur.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

im in agreeance after doing a random check on this one trace.

well done .

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:30 pm
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Well, something must be off with your logs- because IMMEDIATELY, and I mean right after the trade was done, ranban resigned.

Whatever.

Still know in my heart that this was a unfair trade. but what can I do except take the loss of points and maybe do the same back to him if the opportunity presents itself.

This place is going downhill fast.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:45 am
trace567

Ranban282 left the game at 2009-03-02 14:23:39

Trade was accepted at 2009/03/02 14:23:30

I've been back and checked the times, you are correct Elvis, so I'm sorry about that. I made a mistake with the times.

I don't believe I can in-fact alter my decision though. Blocker was not to know that ranban would quit straight after, nor was it blocker who send the trade. As there had just previously been a very similar offer made by blocker, I am inclined to think that maybe ranban had rejected it. Then changed his mind but missed one extractor off (possibly this led to him resigning realizing his/her mistake). Ranban also being relatively new I have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 am
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

"(possibly this led to him resigning realizing his/her mistake). Ranban also being relatively new I have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this occasion."

If RanBan was new, then why make a trade and then quit? If he was new, how could he know that this trade was a mistake? Either he had the experience to know that it was a bad trade (meaning not a novice)- OR that he did it out of spite and promptly resigned.

Anyway, I live with your decision. Just not very happy about it

Eh