Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints instigate
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

now if you really want to consider what has happened... and what violation actually occurred.... is this guy a mod? was he a mod when he said these things to me? threatening to use mod power to ban me,,, just trash talking that in the channel totally out of the blue..... this isn't impersonating a mod ? if this guy is not amod, why is he telling me he's gonna ban me.. and provoke this bs...
i was sitting in the channel just waiting for a game saying 45 45 \
jijjjjjjjjjjjj???????????????

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Magflag12
Moon

deviant this is not the way to act. Honestly I agree that MrCrabbs handled this completely wrong, but you have been worse. You have left 6 messages insulting the other mods who are only trying to do their job.

The only reason that you feel singled out is because you have literally ran into a corner and started throwing out bullets. We are here to help you, and if you behave maturely then you will be sided with. Period.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:32 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

and also... his imposition of mod power was what compelled me to post on here as well... it is seen now, clearly... that these issues have been the direct result of mrcrabbs sitting in the channel, being crabby, and touting mod powers around and threatening with mod powers

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:34 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

nahnah it's not even about any of that
it's just about playing space monopoly
just the game
it's not even about anything else... so 45 4 545454545 is the most appropriate possible thing that can be said in the channel...
and threatening with mod powers and being rude are the most inappropriate things that can be said in the channel...

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:36 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

and if u see my chat everywhere else... outside of mr crabbs telling m e to shutup or saying something rude to someone every time he sits his fat self with his fat record in the channel... you'll see that's it's all about 4545454545 SEND THE COOKIES! !! none of this bs...

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:37 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

useless and obvious cronyism

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:33 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

and u guys should be thanking me that i show you mrcrabbs' true nature before its too late

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:55 pm
Magflag12
Moon

This is your last opportunity to stop.

Check your Private messages.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:07 am
MrCrabbs

deviantgm wrote:
i respond,, and not harshly

In one move, you spammed "stfu pos mf" down the page.

deviantgm wrote:
so now to ask.... what the hell did i post on here for ? ?

Er...you have a chip on your shoulder, and wanted to report yourself to confirm your view that the world is against you?

deviantgm wrote:
and u guys should be thanking me that i show you mrcrabbs' true nature before its too late

That is hilarious.

You were spamming severely, I said shut up, and others were asking the same of you. You then continued, and said I was only here to tell people to shut up. I said shut up.

You then spammed more, and insulted me, and shouted others down when they wanted a 2 or 3 player game. Indeed, it would have been better had you shut up.

So, I said that I should have accepted a modship just for the joy of banning you. I felt it was fair comment, since had I been a mod, indeed I would have banned you.

You carried on waffling and swearing, I said that I had had enough and was going to report you, but I got sidetracked. You then reported yourself, and were duly banned. Then you reverted to type, incessantly spamming the forum, and insulting the mods in the longest words you could find in the dictionary.

Sadly, a dictionary does not tell the infrequent reader how to use a word, and so many of those words you put to the wrong use.

And then you stamped your feet. The end?

Last edited by MrCrabbs on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 am
Magflag12
Moon

MrCrabbs. Next time don't use that language when trying to hush a disruptive player. Also, don't allude to a modship as a means of authorative pleasure even if you feel it is justified. I don't mean to single you out, but being a mod is about restoring and reserving a community not about punishing players. Really.

The reason I say these things MrCrabbs, is not to justify what deviant did, but to encourage players to be more graceful towards disruptive players. Be calm, cool, and collective and the situation will be handled a lot easier.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 am
MrCrabbs

Fair comment, but I have heard mods tell players to shut up on more than one occassion.

About claiming that I had been offered a modship and saying that I should have used it to ban, it wasn't terribly tactful, nor could he have known whether it was true. However, there was no mod present, and in that context my behaviour let other players present know that Deviant's spamming and abuse was not to be tolerated.

It is quite clear that the fact that he is ruining other players experience on GM is not enough to dissuade Deviant from acting in whatever way he pleases, and so I used what authority I had as a GM veteran to whip him a little. It wasn't overly aggressive nor was it abusive.

Finally, I forgot in my first post to rebut Deviant's repeated claims that I have been waging some campaign or other against him. I haven't, and apart from having noticed him defiling these forums, I have had no previous experience of or communication with him.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:58 am
YAAAHOOOO3

oh great now im confused again mccrab magflagg who is who? who was i talking to in the lobby tonight

magflag i thought you were the veteran player from 2 years ago

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:59 am
MrCrabbs

I think you must have been talking to MagFlag. What's your username?

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:00 am
YAAAHOOOO3

oh wait ok mag from amarillo got it lata

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:10 am
Magflag12
Moon

yeah I am an older player im not good though... McCrabbs is a veteran he is younger, but he is better.

Anyway, McCrabbs. I do not like to think of a mod as someone with power as power is often defined as oppression. So, I believe the mindset we should adopt is one of graciousness and good attitude. If one does not change their disruptive behavior after having been warned. We ban them with the intention to rehabilitate. When they come back we welcome them with arms of grace, but if they repeat we instill a harsher rehabilitation time.

Using words like authority, power, punish are destructive tools of leadership.

As for mods using words like shut up... it is my opinion that this should not be allowed. If you catch me using it (unless im just playing around) to hush a disruptive player please approach me on it, because we should avoid that language. Deviant has been a nusiance in the past, but this does not mean that he has no means of change. Give him grace and he will give you change, if not www.ban.com
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next