Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Time-Wasting
      All times are GMT  

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:24 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Time-Wasting Reply with quote

Ok I don't know if this is a reportable issue but this happened 3 times (so far) in the game. I am playing a game with nalee and he/she is sort of losing and has been from pretty early on. Nalee will get his/her seconds up on his/her clock and then waste them away just sitting there... I am not sure if there is something going on with the connection, but I have a feeling that it is deliberate to get me to quit or something. Perhaps it is me being paranoid. Anyway, its getting annoying and I was wondering if any action could be taken, Again, I was playing Nalee with Welstrum
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:34 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately there is nothing we can do, unless someone actually writes in thechat that they are going to do it on purpose.

sorry

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:37 pm
Magflag12
Moon

ok well he is doing again with the trades as well

waiting till the last second to click 30 more and its taking awhile to get my peice lol... sort of annoying but more disrespectful... I just asked him what he has against me and he said
"I reported you to your mom"
"and I just f***** your mom!"

I think that says its intentional and it is also cursing Sad
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:25 pm
deviantgm
Planetoid

i cannot say for sure, but i think you may be confusing your opponent's stlyle and possible multitasking in his home with a personal assault on yourself
o_O

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Well two things here deviant...

1. This is not the case because he verbally assaulted me when I asked him what he had against me.

2. It is disrespectful to multitask and play GM at the same time... play or don't play.

As for Nalee, I venture to say that he or she is either you, or has similar attitude. In which case, I would advise you to lose it, because it is obnoxious and your stylistic way of putting people down like that does not show your dominance, but your impotence.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:45 am
deviantgm
Planetoid

just from how it sounded in your description, i gathered that he was "verbally abusive" to you after you mentioned reporting him for time... as a player who enjoys playing space monopoly throughout the day, and one that understand that in the course of 1-2 hours things can and often do come up in a person's home that forces them to exercise their timebank, it may be somewhat annoying,,,, but i don't think it is usually intended as a personal assault
this case May be different... but it just sounds like the negative reaction that came from him was in response to you
either way>>>> resistance is futile - you will be assimilated.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 am
Magflag12
Moon

You have made it abundantly clear that your are nalee... I never said anything about telling him I was going to report him. As far as your concerned I did not tell him that, unless you were nalee you will never know. Also, I find it humorous that you are trying to justify your use of vulgarity. If you were busy around the house or something that was important you:
1. Shouldn't have been playing a game.
2. Should have simply told me so that I didn't feel like it was against me, because if it wasn't then why not simply tell me.
3. Shouldn't have purposely delayed the time it took to make the auction.
4. Should have acted maturely, even if you felt I was overreacting.

I believe that things like this are what bring a community down. People want to play a game, they do not want to wait around while people do chores. If something comes up, fine, let them know and they are bound to be more patient. You should be more considerate of other players Defiant; just because you feel the need to defy authority because you see some sort of dictator censoring what you wish you could post all over the internet, doesn't mean you have to disrespect other players. I would also like to point out that this is NOT A COUNTRY, this is a website in which people that play this game can get together. You DO NOT have the right to disrupt that, I don't care what high-horse you have been riding in your "defiant" life. If Bill, or anyone for that matter deems you a nusiance to this community and, hence, will negatively effect the amount of people here then you should be removed from this community. Not liking power-hungry dictators is fine, but it is not fine when you assume the role of some revolutionary defiant that feels the need to use curse words on the internet. You will not start a revolution here, because no one thinks your smart, no one will follow your ways you are, quite frankly, pathetic.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:55 am
trace567

Stop it both of you.

Deviant is not nalee. Nalee is on a 5 day ban for foul language as of tonight.

Players that stall are annoying, but unless they stall at the end of the game when losing as far as I am aware there is nothing that is done. It's just about players becoming wise to players like this.

However should nalee not change his language behaviour I can assure you he will be on far lengthier bans in the future.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:32 am
deviantgm
Planetoid

by trace's humble request, i will not go into any points other than this

Quote:
I just asked him what he has against me and he said
"I reported you to your mom"
"and I just f***** your mom!"

people don't say these things for no reason
reason.. you know this ? the power of reason... reasoning... deduction..
you know these things? uhh ?

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:08 am
deviantgm
Planetoid

and bro, if nobody cares... then why do my posts and related posts have over 3000 views, and this thread has 8 responses with 68 views as i write this... most of which were the mod, myself and you.
well, even if you're right... at least i know you still care Wink thanks

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

magflag, please can you remember the time of complaint as i have checked the chat logs and cannot see anything around the time that you complained on here.
if i find that quote then i will ban the player immediately.