Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Question to the community
      All times are GMT  

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:59 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

the game is currently self-sufficient.
it generates enough cash to pay for its server which is self-reloading and self booting, so no need for kreso to oversee that. Kreso puts all the money back into the game one way or another.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 pm
MrCrabbs

How, if he doesn't pay the mods? Either he has a surplus or a defecit at any one time - have you seen the books?

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:10 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

no i do not ask them questions i just do this job for the love of keeping the game clean

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:14 pm
bezma2

MrCrabbs , I think that Kreso did a good free game on line , and thats all we have to know , ok . Asking about do hi earn money or lose money , paying server and all what goes with on line game , its his problem , ok .
Moderators do their job for free and noone , in this four years of GM , never asked to be payed for the job they do . Every time in past , when we had need to change something in game , Kreso did show up and make changes in game we asked . He was patient with us , so dont attack him for something you dont know .

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:48 am
MrCrabbs

Bez, it's ridiculous to say that it's none of our concern. If you care about the game, you should want it to be well advertised, and updated. Your attitude, that we should revere Kreso and watch the game go into a slow decline, "if He wills it", might sound moral and superior, but it is actually defeatist and limp.

If what Bill says is right, and all the money that GM makes goes back into GM, then we all lose out if Kreso has stopped promoting it. And if its not true, and Kreso makes a profit, then he should try to spend more time promoting it, for his interests and ours.

Seriously Bez, put the gag away.

And I repeat my point. What is the point of asking players for their suggestions to improve the game, when we are actually powerless to change anything?

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 pm
Fort
Planet

Well mccrabs for once i have to agree to some extent with bez here. Since you are relatively new you perhaps are not aware of past. Kreso himself was student of simulation and developed this game as a passion. But now he might have gone into professional life when such small games may mean nothing. Now you might ask why is he running the game in such a case. Answer is simple, as bill said, game is more or less self sufficient from advt on forum etc, leaving out few pennies here or there. Moreover people do like to hang on to their passions keeping them alive as long as possible. So for people like you or me, its harsh truth that game may not be updated in near future, or ever. But then game does have potential to make a evening or two better for us. Enjoy the game.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm
bezma2

Only to add to Fort coment ... when-ever we needed changes in game and with good reason . Kreso was here and did make those changes and update the game . The game now looks fine , and if we will need something to change in game in future , I think Kreso will find a little time to make that changes for us like he always did in past .

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:22 am
YAAAHOOOO3

I have a new idea on how to improve the forum and game...

how about if we nominate a president of Galactic Magnate? what does everyone thing about this idea? Or maybe a person with a title for whoever it is who deals with the money the game brings in, however the game bring in money, t-shirts? okay i hope someone likes my idea Very Happy

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 pm
MrCrabbs

@ Fort, Bez, Bill:

Please do not mistake my saying that Kreso should better promote the game, or make changes to the organisation of it so that we get more players, for ungratefullness to him for making the game and having given it his time in the past. I am at the same time grateful for what he has done, and eager for more to happen to improve the game, and bringing in people who have a financial interest in improving it, as well as the know-how to implement changes, is the way to do that, in my view.

He could either employ someone to promote it, on a performance related basis, linked to the number of users, or sell the whole thing to a company or individual that would do something loke that, or bring in a partner with more trime on his or her hands than Kreso currently has. All these things would benefit Kreso, and the GM players.

Again, I repeat that it is better to say what is wrong and suggest ways to improve it, than to accept an unsatisfactory situation.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

on many occasions i have asked kreso myself if he will show me the programming side of game,
i think even though he has made many things for me user friendly i am a quick learner and to do the other side i dont think it would take long to learn for mysef,

i totally agree with you mrcrabbs, and i feel the games admin needs to be restructured in a way that al players will benefit

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:04 am
tatoom
Planetoid

Bill2k06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY ban, 1 month, as PAST! WHY AM I STILL BANNED NOW? Mad
I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you really hate me and you banned me for more than 1 month????? Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:42 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ill chec this for you , but i would of preferred you to pm me as this does not need to be in open forum

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

just to let you know it was a 60 day ban it is up on the 5th of march

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:44 pm
tatoom
Planetoid

You said it was 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!1 Mad Evil or Very Mad
why do you hate me so much? Crying or Very sad
You think I can wait another month???

you make use of your job as moderator for your own fun by being able to ban others and see them suffer without online monopoly. Mad

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

no , you were online giving me abuse, and i received lots of complaints about you and that is why u were banned for so long.

any more slander against me misusing my powers and i will ask another modto look into and give you another ban.