Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Offensive and Vulgar names ,ALL PLEASE READ
      All times are GMT  

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:36 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Offensive and Vulgar names ,ALL PLEASE READ Reply with quote

hi there , this is an announcement to ALL players on the forum and game.

I request that all vulgar and offensive names as of MONDAY 10th NOVEMBER be removed from forum and game ,

if someone has a name which is offensive would like to create a new account i will quite happily move all points from one account to another new one with no offence in the name.

This is in light of researching what Fingerbang actually means ,

i will be checking ALL players connecting as of monday and if i see any players connecting on there, i will issue a 30day ban, and then after that you will be removed from game permanently and also be removed from the forum ,

Fingerbang, i have requested Kreso change your account on forum to one with no offence in name , such as just ''finger'' or something along those lines.

please all realise i am taking a very strict line on this , and i will not tolerate any names which have hidden meaning also.

Thank you for your reading time ,

Hope you all understand my haste in resolving this issue

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:33 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

as for Judd to be moderator, it is something the mods have to speak about but we cannot all find time at the moment together to discuss the matter so it will be something to discuss soon , and at the moment i think the mods here are doing aq good job , but an extra mod will just help the place.

as for offensive names, im hoping this new regime works

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:14 am
BlLL

BE STRICT AND KEEP UR WORD!!!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:30 am
YAAAHOOOO3

According to en.wiktionary.org it is vulgar. Also, according to urbandictionary.com a habanero finger**** or regular finger**** is an x rated term. However, user finger**** does have a point it could mean "when you shape your finger like a gun and go bang bang!". With that said there seems to have been a split decision and the user name was allowed. Since the moderator has yet to ban the user name then it must have been appropriate enough and therefore it must not be offensive.