Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:04 am
muffinhead
Planet

Can we actually stick to the topic.

I believe the reason it has decreased is due to the lack of advancement in the game. It hasnt been updated in at least 6 months, no dc problems fixed in that time and most importantly the game has not been advertised anymore.

Therefore no more people will join the game and some of those already playing will stop eventually. As in any businiess, You need advertising, if r dont then how the heck will everyone find the game? Does anyone not understand what im saying.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:08 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Fort wrote:
No i didnt. You have hallucinations Laughing

I would ask you again to stop being so cocky and arrogant.
You know very well that in march there were a couple of incidents and I've decided it was for the best to take a short break. That's why in march I've issued only 6 bans for your knowledge.
Ask Mia to refresh your memory or take some pills. Exclamation

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:08 am
Fort
Planet

Probably you are right muffin. I remember starting a community in Orkut for GM players and spread the word about game. Within 15 days there was huge footfall of brazilian players . (majority of orkut users are brazilian) So yes advertising does help.

Incidents? Oh you mean when some player had posted against you and you went away letting the tournament hanging? I remembered it now. But still the total number of bans remains to be seen which were lower in march.

Thank you Wink

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:19 am
erikv
Planetoid

the game has lost a lot of its appeal to me when I found out that the mods are "Gods" and the players are supposed to orbit around him and initiate their way of playing and strategy.

A good defintion of teaming and unfair trades might be a good thing (it will not solve the problem but still be an improvement) and predictable punishments (not taking away all scores without prior warning, no appeals possible).

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:23 am
Fort
Planet

erikv wrote:
the game has lost a lot of its appeal to me when I found out that the mods are "Gods" and the players are supposed to orbit around him and initiate their way of playing and strategy.

A good defintion of teaming and unfair trades might be a good thing (it will not solve the problem but still be an improvement) and predictable punishments (not taking away all scores without prior warning, no appeals possible).

I absolutely agree on this one. You might appreciate the fact that i had invited players to help in forming of definitions. See these two threads.

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1667
http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1561

But now that i am not checking complaints, i cannot assure you of whats written there will be followed or not. Its upto bill and kreso to issue directions.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:45 pm
HHHfan
Moon

yeah i voted too many banned but i dont think its a bad thing. husky said what i was gonna, notice the dead complaint section??? i think the people who arent here are exactly the people u dont want here. at one time there were so many cheaters that comeing and playing this game wasnt even fun anymore, now i can enjoy it for hours and only run into a couple here and there as opposed to every single game. i think that internet cafe ban was the real turning point, i mean yeah, u could let those people back and bump the population back up, but then honest players are pry gonna stop playing, like the people who wont play here anymore due mainly to the cheaters at the time. basicaly you let 20 or 30 of those cheaters back, and your populaiton jumps, but its the wrong crowd. seems to me less honest players is greater than more cheaters!!! also, lets not forget that sometimes there are like 10 or 15 people in the room, and all within your playing range and u sit there for 10 minutes or more and are unable to get a game, i understand sometimes people go do something else and forget they are logged in or something.... GUILTY, but for the most part, what are these people doing???? its not like they are all afk sometimes there are only 2 or 3 afk. whats everyone else doing??? that can get aggrivating also, but to me, its no big deal, but it may be a part of the problem as well. Twisted Evil

Last edited by HHHfan on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:49 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Thanks for sharing same ideeas with me HHHfan.

Husky

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:53 pm
Fort
Planet

You mean that ban which was imposed by bill after he checked them? Yeah i agree with you , that ban was indeed turning point when bill showed he means business. on such bans i totally agree.

At the same time, number of people getting banned within first 5 days isnt small either. Ofcourse we need better system to let people know the strict rules of maintaining language discipline. There are so many people who come to forum and say (and they are honest with it most of times) that they didnt have slightest idea of how strict this game chat would be. Most of such players will never return to game.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:10 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Fort wrote:
There are so many people who come to forum and say (and they are honest with it most of times) that they didnt have slightest idea of how strict this game chat would be. Most of such players will never return to game.

Right. Thoose people are talking in games very obscene and threatend other players, use extremely abusive language, but ......... yes .......didnt have slightest idea of how strict this game chat would be. Shure. All untill is prooved by the chat logs. Then another reason for using abusive language and rude bahaviour is found.

Yes, Fort, we "do need" this kind of people that you are crying about. Indeed.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Fort
Planet

Another attempt to provoke me? Keep doing it, i dont mind. Anyway other players are welcome here to share their constructive thoughts Smile

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Fort wrote:
Another attempt to provoke me?

No "buddy". Just showing the reality here. Wink

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:22 pm
johnny
Ex Moderator

There is nothing worse than a flood of new players that love nothing more than to yell profanities in the lobby. These players should be banned immediatly in my opinion.

The fact that they come here with that attitude does nothing for this game..and I don;t care if they are sorry afterwards (of course they would be!) but to let them go unbanned after some aplogies, just begs for more trouble later on.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:25 pm
Fort
Planet

I never said they should be left unbanned. Read my post again. All i said was, there has to be better system of notifying new players about the strict rules of game.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm
HHHfan
Moon

heres case in point..... i went into the lobby on a low account, the assumption being that at the hour i was in there, late morning here, that there wouldnt be any good rated players in, im only around cause my boss is out of town till monday. low and behold, to my amazement, there are several good players in and not in afk!!! i jump to a decent account with around 17k go in and sit there a couple minutes, then end up in a game with the two lowest rated players in the room!!!! and i think there were only 2 that low who werent afk!!! question being what is everyone else doing???? this type of thing could be part of the problem also, this would get annoying, what, always play on a low account even when people rated the same as or close to u are in the room for fear of loseing massive ammounts of points to lower rated players? i have no problem with it, its been said im not very good myself, but i manage to keep most of my accounts 10 to 20k, but it seems when i get that high, i end up in games with 2-5k accounts and if i dont come in first, bang points gone. this could keep people away also, im not saying its the problem by any means, i gave my opinion on that already and i stick by it, internet cafe ban.... good deal!!! this is only a possibility. Twisted Evil